Face Masks

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am looking for some really good face masks. What are your favorites? or anyone know any DIY face masks?

Make a mixture of milk powder,honey,aloe vera gel and lemon juice and make a thick paste apply to face for 15 minutes and wash it with lukewarm water.this is best facial mask for dry skin.

For the past 2 month REN Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask has been my favorite.

I absolutely love Rene Guinot 'Masque Essentiel Nutrition Confort', and have been using it on and off for many years as nothing else comes close! It's a non-drying clay-style mask suitable for most skin types as it's very hydrating (plant oils/ lanolin), refreshing (essential oils), and really effective at minimising pores.

I have a very good mask for dry skin. It is herbal & dermatologically tested . I have given to some of my friends.

i'm addicted to masks. i do them everyday haha

i really recommend skinfood. (korean) they have a great range of gel masks, sheet masks, scrubs, etc. 

and every one ive used of theirs works really great.

and my other favs. (gel masks) are  Jung Hyun Jung Parapam Diamond & another brand called cel-derma.

i also use SK-II. it's a bit pricey, but worth every penny. 

and another fav. that i used up so quickly was something called pumpkin heating enzyme mask. was so great especially for winter. 

@heer: what is it? @honey: lol I've seen that in so many mask reviews. I really wanna get some. But I think they can only be bought online

I am a certified skin care analyst .I recommend the products & distributor of the product also.Masque is Artistry intensive moisture masque.If u need i can give u.

Caudalie Moisturizing Mask Murad Purifying Mask Dermalogica Cream Exfoliant I also really like the brightening/whitening sheet masks from The Face Shop.

I normally make my own, but there is oñe brand I will always shell out cash for. Isomers Amazonian Clay mask. I sometimes even sleep with it on. Love the stuff! And the jar lasts a long time. I normally only have to buy it twice a ÿear bc each jar lasts me about 6 months. The manufacturers recommended using a very thin layer and rubbing it into the pores to get the best results and to not waste product. I get great results from this stuff, always have.

Natural masks are the best ones! I use different ones with aloe vera, honey, milk, cucumber... depending on the mood! If you look it up on google you'll be able to do the masks yourself. It's cheap and very easy!

I love My Beauty Diary facial mask. I usually buy it from Uwajimaya (Japanese Grocery Store). They are very hydrating but works for all skin types. I had oily skin in summer and dry skin in winter. They are also available online but you have to be careful as there are counterfeited products. Crazy, because this mask is cheap! It's less than $20 for a box of 10 sheet mask. What's funny is that in Uwajimaya they also sell it individually for $1 each! So you actually get more when you buy individual package there.

Also if you want to do DIY, I have heard about using rice paper (the kind you would use to make vietnamese spring roll) as a gel mask. You basically just cut it to half, and cut one of the halves in two. You will end up with one half circle and two quarters circle. Then you just soak it in water that's added with whatever you want (the one I saw used rose water) and then put the half on your forehead and each of the quarters on your cheek. I haven't tried this but it looks just like gel facemask! I'd probably use lotion toner in it. 

PS. Yogurt mask works wonderfully on oily skin! Just spread yogurt on your face, avoiding eye area, and then rinse it when you're done. 

Hey facial mask is good option to reduce the appearance of oil on skin.

It can help to reduce the oil and help to get rid from acne, pimples and other skin related problem.

I have a million facemask recipes, in fact I think I should start writing them down and compiling them and putting them in one place so at a time like this I can share easily. But, I am not going to go there today, sorry gals, I am just not prepared. But I can tell you that my favorite store bought mask has charcoal in it. I know that is enough to make anyone stop reading RIGHT away, but charcoal is KNOWN to pull dirt out of the pores. Its called Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask and it rocks
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Does anyone know a recipe for a clarifying/deep cleaning mask? I would prefer a natural, DIY version if possible so that is why I am looking for a recipe.

Back