Cosmetics brand with pink paint splatter logo?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just watched a tutorial on youtube and she held up a purple loose powder and the cap had a pink paint splatter logo on it. It was too blurry to try and read the name and she didnt list exactly what she used :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Its an uber ultra-violet and I'd love to use it for some of the make up and the haunted house!!!!!

Sounds like witch Slap Cosmetics. Hope this helps.

- Dini

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been away from here for a bit. Trying to get back into the swing of things :x

What was the video? As mentioned by Dinitchka it might be witchslap but be warned, do a Google search on that company before you decide to buy and make an informed decision.

I looked up witch slap and it is that line! Thanks guys! Now I have another issue :/ apparently their pigments are pure pigments and they aren't safe to use! I watched a review on them and it mentioned how all of the BS line comes from a company called lady bird. Then I came across many links mentioning that their pigments are dangerous to use. Have you guys heard about this? Thanks again for all your help!

I use witchslap's pressed 60 color palette and haven't had a problem. I haven't tried their pigments yet though.

witchslap doesn't make their own cosmetics. They use Lady Burd and other companies to purchase their products from. The problem is that some of the items, when the "scandal" first broke out was that they sold Lady Burd products and other products as eyeshadow and/or as eye safe when the products were not intended for the eyes. Since then they now have on their site that (in some areas) the products are not eye safe and to use at your own risk. Personally, I've never bought from them and won't because I know other companies use Lady Burd and resells Lady Burd for far less.

There is a lot of controversy with those kind of makeup brands (re-packaged instead of made by the brand itself), and my personal opinion is "Better safe than sorry." So I would recommend trying to find dupes for the products from brands that have a good reputation instead :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I agree. It is a little vulgar. Urban Decay and Darla Makeup both make suitable alternatives.

Is this the purple you were looking at? It's called Stuck Up witch by witchslap.

Cost: $8. Size: Unknown.

I would recommend Sugarpill's Hysteric or Weekender ($12 for 5 grams)

New Moon by Fyrinnae

$5.90 for 3 grams or $2 for a sample (1/3 tsp)

Grape Parfait by TKB Trading $1.50 sample

Other purples by other companies:

Shiro Cosmetics - image from Lipsticks & Lightsabers

Geek Chick - image from Lipsticks & Lightsabers

witchslap Cosmetics is ...interesting. I've emailed them several times but I've never received an answer to my question or a reply that they received my email. Service like that really turns me off. If you want that eyeshadow, contact Ladyburd directly. The people there were very nice and willing to help.

I have a pigment from Micabella that is a gorgeous violet.  I am at work so do not know the name, but went on their website and I think the color is Temptation.  It's beautiful when applied wet.

Ok, update on the Micabella.  I didn't want to mislead anyone.  I looked at the color when I got home and it is Ultraviolet 20.  I tried to swatch it but my camera was being difficult.  Here's a pic of it that I found online though.  I have to say the pic doesn't do it justice, the color is so much richer and has an irridescence to it that is lovely.  Also, Micabella pigments are safe and do not have an expiration date like others do.

Originally Posted by TMarie /img/forum/go_quote.gifAlso, Micabella pigments are safe and do not have an expiration date like others do.
Unless you have an allergy to their products like I did then I wouldn't consider it safe. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  All mica products tend not to have an expiration date however I would be wary of any product that doesn't include one since all products do become contaminated (even nail polish) over time.

wow!!! that amazing color you've got there. i wish i could have that witchslap's. i think its nice to try.

Link edited

Back