Dupe alert! Revlon dupe for Deborah Lippman Bad Romance

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A few weeks ago I came across a few blog entries that claimed that Revlon's Facets of Fuchsia from their Expressionist Collection was a dupe for Deborah Lippmann's Bad Romance. I'm a bit on the skeptical side unless there are swatches of both items side-by-side and of course the blog entries didn't have swatches of the items for comparison. I ended up bying the Facets of Fuchsia from my local RiteAid about three Saturdays ago (September 24) along with Blue Mosiac. I ordered Deborah Lippmann's Bad Romance from Amazon.com through a Marketplace seller called B-Glowing and it arrived today!

The Revlon polish IS a dupe for Bad Romance... in the bottle. I haven't swatched it out yet because I have very little natural light right now (almost 6 PM and it's been raining all week). Of hand I don't recall how much I paid for it but I do know it went on clearance at my local RiteAid on Saturday. I know it's also sold at Fred Meyer in the Pacific NW.

No swatches on nail wheels yet due to the light condition. I'll have tomorrow but here are pictures of the two bottles side-by-side.

Revlon retailed at RiteAid for $4.79. Deborah Lippmann retails for $18.

I saw the Revlon after hemming and hawing over the Lippmann at Murale for so long - the Revlon is gorgeous, but I find I have to layer it over a black polish to cut down the amount of coats (I don't have the patience to remove 3 or 4 coats of glitter polish; 2 on a black base is the most I do :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)

Originally Posted by Maris Crane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I saw the Revlon after hemming and hawing over the Lippmann at Murale for so long - the Revlon is gorgeous, but I find I have to layer it over a black polish to cut down the amount of coats (I don't have the patience to remove 3 or 4 coats of glitter polish; 2 on a black base is the most I do
biggrin.gif
)

Me too. And it's a shame to waste such a great polish. I've layered 2 coats over one coat of black.

I got this a few weeks ago, and wore it back when I first got it, I used a black polish so I wouldn't have to use more than 2 coats. A few months ago when I got Across The Universe, I almost got Bad Romance instead but I liked Across The Universe a lot more. When I saw revlon came out with a way better dupe I was happy when I found it randomly at rite aid. I also got blue mosaic that day because it was buy one get the other 50% off, I don't think the dupe is limited edition cause when I went to Target on the permanent revlon nail polish display it had its own little spot.

I painted my left hand, alternating polishes, and it's a dead on dupe. Save yourself $13 and get the Revlon. I'll have video up tomorrow.

Some differences though.

1st coat, Bad Romance was darker than Facets of Fuschia.

2nd coat, BR was still darker than FoF.

3rd coat, couldn't tell apart.

I heard about this!  My friend/co-blogger made a post about this on our polish blog, I fell in love and told her I needed to have this immediately!  Yay for Revlon on getting this one right!

Back