Train Case Recommendation

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone.. so I am in the market for a new (larger) train case.  I have been looking at the ZUCA.  Any reviews on that?  Any others I should look in to?  I tend to NOT like the big clunky silver traditional ones... I like to be a bit different and those are so "stale" to me... But it HAS to be functional... Thoughts????

Zuca is good, especially for travelling. They are very large, but tend to be quite expensive, you need to purchase them from online as far as I know, unless you find them in a store near you, so that would mean having to pay shipping and handeling as well, if you order online.

I have seen some large travel traincases with wheels in some theatrical stores too, but they were very expensive, upwards of $800-$1000 each.

HOLY crap... LOL  upwards of $1000 I think I will get a Zuca which retails for somewhere in the area of 300 or 400... Not that bad to me but a grand--yowza!  LOL

Outrageous I know!!

My fiance had looked at one for me, then saw the price tag and was like "what? thats crazy"

Another girl in the store was looking at them and had mentioned she was still saving up for it!!

I guess if your travelling on airlines and doing a lot of commercial/movie makeup work then it may be worth the investment, to have everything you need, tools included all in one place, but it is definitely not for me!

I would stick with Zuca :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> They are really nice and travel well. Including on flights.

Hi,

Not sure if this is relevant to this thread, but why do people use train cases unless they're makeup artists? Or is it only makeup artists who use them? I mean, I've considered getting one for myself but I don't travel with all my makeup that often and usually my luggage or makeup pouch is enough to store my holiday makeup when I go on trips...

I've seen some really cute ones from Juicy by the way. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

xoxo,

Roxanne

Since I am a professional/working/traveling makeup artist I guess I can't answer that!  LOL I do tend to think that people like to keep their makeup in a neat container and a train case makes sense.  I've had a few and just need something bigger so I've opt'd for the zuca :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Hi,

Not sure if this is relevant to this thread, but why do people use train cases unless they're makeup artists? Or is it only makeup artists who use them? I mean, I've considered getting one for myself but I don't travel with all my makeup that often and usually my luggage or makeup pouch is enough to store my holiday makeup when I go on trips...

I've seen some really cute ones from Juicy by the way. :)

xoxo,

Roxanne
I've got cheaper train cases but I only use them for when I travel out of town. I get over obsessive and take more than I should lol. Also, I have tons of samples that I store in one of them hehe.

Those cases are really handy to keep the makeup stuff organised - not all have big bathrooms or vanity tables ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Every hubby annoyed with little lady's face stuff all over the place should consider getting one for xmas :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back