Make Up Hauls This Week?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey MuT Groupies!

Just wondering if anyone grabbed a makeup haul this week. What did you get?  Where did you get it? Prices good?

I went today.... RiteAid had a great sale this week on ALL L'Oreal Paris makeup--BOGO half price. And I had coupons!!  . I love their primer and mouse foundation so I picked up L'Oreal Paris Magic Smooth Souffle Makeup in Classic Ivory (I was using Natural Ivory and running out but the store didn't have that shade today and I think this gives me a not-so-ghostly look). For the half off item, I grabbed another Magic Perfecting Base primer. It's not like I won't use it!  I was going to get the new mascara--Voluminous False Fiber Lashes--but I actually won one yesterday on Facebook so I skipped that.

I also grabbed the last pallet of  Maybelline's new Eye Studio Color Explosion. The only one I didn't have was green, so I picked that up as well. Glad I did.... colors are AMAZING. I have each of the 5 pallets now and hope they come out with a few more soon. Love the pigments in the shades and they last!

The other makeup item I got was a loose eyeshadow by a brand called Jesse's Girl Cosmetics. Prices were reasonable and the selection was quite varied. I needed a white frosty-sparkly eyeshadow for a highlighter, so I grabbed Pure Pigment Eye Dust in Starshine. WOW!--LOTS of bling, tons of shimmer, it really makes my eyes POP! I dusted it over the green Maybelline pallet and got a great look. You can overload on glitz if you aren't careful, and the fallout ranks "medium" in my book, but I'm still liking it very much and would refer the brand if asked.I 

Yesterday, I had to pop into Target so I grabbed an ELF slanted eye liner brush (misplaced my other one, can't find it anywhere) and also some ELF makeup setting spray. I've only used the spray once, but it did what it was supposed to, it will need different uses at different times to really get the full feeling if it works or not.

So fess up makeup junkies....... did you grab any goodies on a haul this week?

I've been avoiding stores since I went overboard last month on my budget... again. My only item was Kat Von D's Angeles palette for $15 at Sephora. They also had Truth for $15 but I already owned that. I should go back and pick up one of each one since two equals the price of one and it's on clearance but then again I have yet to use Truth and have no idea when I'll use Angeles. I might go to Walgreens to pick up the new baked 6-pan shadows.

Murale Fab & Free Splurge event, this past Wednesday Chanel Fauve Eye Shadow Single Deborah Lippmann glitter in Lady Sings the Blues Bobbi Brown Skin foundation Splurge event bag (VERY impressive - no EL eye serum or Smashbox mascara in my package, but you got a choice of a bag with Lippmann Purple Rain or witches Brew as the GWP.) QUO by Orly varnish in First Class (not pictured) Rimmel Moisture Renew gloss in Purple Rescue
muralehaul007.jpg
From left: DL Lady & witches, Orly/QUO FC
muralehaul004.jpg

Wow nice hauls ladies.

I just got some MAC stuffs from someone who was selling it at a reasonable price.    I had a thread on that today.

TARGET

ELF Natural Lash kit - $1
ELF Cream Eyeliner in Black - $3
ELF "zit zapper" - $1

ELF Shimmering Facial Whip in Spotlight - $1

ELF Angled Eyeliner brush - $3

ELF concealer brush - $1

NYC loose face powder in Translucent - $3

CVS

Revlon ColorStay Foundation in 110 Ivory - $13

Maybelline Falsies mascara in Blackest Black - $7

CVS brand purifying mint masque 8oz - $4

Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream 20oz - $10.50

Cetaphil Cleanser - $8  ((because they didn't have Alpha Hydrox 
plthumbsdown.gif
))

SEPHORA

Sephora Maniac Lipstick in 01 (iced pink shimmer) - $12

Korres Wild Rose 24-Hour Moisturizing cream - $35

Tokidoki Glitter Eyeliner in Mozzarella - $5 (sale)

Too Faced "Primed & Poreless" skin smoothing Face Primer - $30

I think I went a little too far this weekend 
frown.gif

I am going shopping today! Just Ulta though, I can't do to much damage there......well maybe. But I need a few backup items for my current stuff and a friend of mine told me the NYX jumbo pencils are on sale so I need a few more colors. I will let you all know what I get...

i had a fight with my hubby last week... since i work across the pru in boston, i went over to saks during my lunch and stopped by the mac counter. i barely have anything mac, so i decided to pick up something > :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> i grabbed a lipstick in "modesty" (rosy-brown nude color) and a 217 brush (my first mac brush!!) :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> there went $39.. still worth it. other than that i haven't bought anything in forever!

I got some body shop stuff

Tea Tree exfoliating pads, facial scrub, and tea tree oil.

I also hot Bed Head Headrush shine spray and Nuterogena foundation.

Originally Posted by Diorable29 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

TARGET

ELF Angled Eyeliner brush - $3

That seems to be a hot item this week!  I got it and I read someplace else that another MuT'er got one too!!!!!

I've gotten some really good eyeshadow at Big Lots in the past.

Originally Posted by 13Bluestar97 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LA Colors 12-color eye palettes- 24 for $2! Epic! I got them at BigLots hehe

The only think I picked up was a profusion palette at Walgreens for 99 cents lol

Most recently I've gotten (I don't remember all prices^^; ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Revlon Just Bitten in Passion.. though I broke the lip balm part already >_<

Canmake crackle polish in glittery silver (another birthday gift)

ELF eyelashes $1

2x Elf HD powder around $4 each

ELF brightening eye quad in Drama Free! (with online purchase)

Revlon Matte Lipstick in Not Just Nudes

Nubar 2010 = about $8 ebay

Diorshow waterproof black

10 3D acrylic nail molds, about $10, ebay

and finally glittery false lashes (gift from friend)

6207307720_ebbc425d4d_m.jpg
6252778291_9c3903c0a4_m.jpg

So what I picked up at Ulta...I also had a gift card that I had forgotten about so I got alot

-Urban Decay Primer Potion (the biggest one)

-Butter Nail Polish in (All hail the queen, Yummy Mummy, Royal Navy, Rosie Lee, and Marrow one)

-Nyx Jumbo eye pencils in (Cottage Cheese, Pure Gold, French Fries, Yogurt)

-NYX eyeshadow palette for green eyes

- Bare Minerals foundation powder (the real reason I had to go to Ulta)

- Urban Decay 15 year anniversary palette

- Benefit Mascara- "They're Real" Black

- Biore makeup removing wipes

Plus, the ULTA that I went to...there card reader machine for credit cards was not working so they had to call all of the transactions in....took forever but they took off an extra $5 and they gave me samples of things I did not purchase...So even though it took forever, I only had to spend $14. 12 of my own money...sorry I had to brag....I felt like one of those extreme couponers

lol I was just looking at that like "Ohhhh I need this..."

Originally Posted by SassyAuburn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That seems to be a hot item this week!  I got it and I read someplace else that another MuT'er got one too!!!!!

Today, on clearance at Walmart they had some good perfumes at a decent price. I was able to land a mini Viva La Juicy for $9 and it completely refilled my Sephora Juicy Rollerball. It was originally $16 when I got it last year, but I refilled it for $9. Good deal there!!! They had good other scents too ... like Katy Perry's "Puurrrrr".  Never smelt it before so I was hesitant to pick it up. But they had several sprays for $15, down from $20

I made a few purchases this month but I can't really say anything about it yet. I will prob wait until after IMATS Toronto to show a collective haul... :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So this week's haul. I picked up another nail polish from Sinful Colors from the Wish collection only because it's a blue I don't have yet. I'll have to get it price adjusted on Sunday though since Walgreen's is having another SinfulColors sale for 99 cents. From Fyrinnae I got my order that I placed on the 9th, does that count? LOL Let's see... anything else? Um... nothing but my box from GoGoGirlfriend... nope that's it. So basically just a bottle of nail polish and not because I didn't want to buy but only because what I wanted to by (wet n wild Walgreen exclusives) are not at my local Walgreens yet. lol

I don't have anything new this week, but I'm going shopping next weekend!!

Back