the belly bandit or other ways to get your tummy back after pregnancy?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Im now 23 weeks pregnant and Im not gaining lots of weight (yet), but I am starting to worry a bit about my belly.... Is it ever going to be normal again after the pregnancy?

I did read some stuff about the belly after pregnancy, it does not go back to its normal selve after pregnancy. The number they mentioned was around 90% of women..... this scared me a bit also...

I read a lot of kardashian nonsens and I was wondering about the belly bandit. Khloe used it or did only advertise it, but it does seem like a descent product. In Azia women also strap themselves in after pregnancy to help their tummy get back into shape. They always seem so super tiny and slim with perfect flat belly's.

So what about the belly bandit? did someone use it? Or did someone do anything else special to get back into shape?

I know working out and eating healthy is a good way, but a little help cant do no harm :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> especially for the part of my body I almost hate the most at some points, except now. I love my belly now Im pregnant, but that has other reasons haha

I am currently pregnant myself.

A lot of what will happen to your body after pregnancy has to do with genetics. My mom had 5 children and the most she gained was with my younger sister (27 lbs) she never had any problem getting back down to size, but she is quite small anyways. She is a size 1-2 and only weighs about 115-120lbs. She never got a single stretchmark in any of her pregnancies either!

My sister just had her first baby in July, and she is back to prepregnancy size, she also didn't get any stretch marks on her belly, she got only one very small one through the centre of her belly ring piercing, but it is not noticable at all. Especially if she is wearing a ring.

I am 4 months pregnant myself and I have only gained 5lbs thus far. It will all come down to your body's make up, and how well you were able to keep in shape prepregnancy. If you were active before and had always been in shape, you shouldn't have much of a problem getting your body back.

I don't know anything about the belly bandit myself, but I do know that breastfeeding burns A LOT of calories, and is very good for getting your body back. This is probably the most reccommened way to get back down to size. It is also very very benefical to baby.

As you already said, eating healthy and keeping active is the best way to get into shape.

After the baby is born you will loose a surprising amount of weight in the first few days to a week. Its not all fat weight, but a lot of liquid/water weight too.

If you want to give the belly bandit a try, go for it, just don't depend on it to help you lose weight. If anything, it will restrict your tummy and prevent you from eating so much you bloat.

Excericise (light activity after birth) and a healthy diet are absolutely best.

To help prevent stretch marks, moisturize everyday with a stretch mark cream or vitmain E lotion.

Congratulations on your pregnancy! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Do you know if you are having a girl or a boy yet?

Originally Posted by katana /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Congratulations on your pregnancy! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Do you know if you are having a girl or a boy yet?

Nevermind, I just read in another thread your having a boy! Congratulations!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> :)

Have you thought about any names?

Congratulations!!!!! for your baby boy. Go for postpartum yoga if you wanna get back to your shape after pregnancy. IT will take around 6 to 8 weeks for you to get back the body shape that you had prior to pregnancy. 

Back