scott barnes book needing help

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i got from the library scott barnes about face i have to give the book back.. theres some pages i would like to make a copy of to keep so i can learn how to put on makeup , but every where i they wont let me because of copyrite i dont want the whole book copied

and i dont have a printer with a scanner in it , so if any one can scan some pages please let me know i don't want the whole book copied just 14 pages.

if any one can help me pleaseeeeeeee let me know

!!!

You can get a few pages copied under the Fair Use clause in copyright law. If you're in the US you can go to a UPS Store or Kinko and make copies on your own. If someone tells you that you can you can cite the Fair Use law.

http://www.copyright.gov/fls/fl102.html: The 1961 Report of the Register of Copyrights on the General Revision of the U.S. Copyright Law cites examples of activities that courts have regarded as fair use: “quotation of excerpts in a review or criticism for purposes of illustration or comment; quotation of short passages in a scholarly or technical work, for illustration or clarification of the author’s observations; use in a parody of some of the content of the work parodied; summary of an address or article, with brief quotations, in a news report; reproduction by a library of a portion of a work to replace part of a damaged copy; reproduction by a teacher or student of a small part of a work to illustrate a lesson; reproduction of a work in legislative or judicial proceedings or reports; incidental and fortuitous reproduction, in a newsreel or broadcast, of a work located in the scene of an event being reported.â€

The book is only $10 on Amazon.com if you really want a copy of the book.

You can cite Fair Use specifically that you are a student and you need this for your research.  Thats how that Fair Use would be applicable. 

Back