Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ablueorange

My Glam

Recommended Posts

Did anyone here sign up for the My Glam bag subscription? (www.myglam.com) I decided to try it because I think it may turn out to be what a lot of people want birchbox to be! December's box is going to have a tarte mascara, UDPP, UD Sin shadow, a NYX lip gloss, and these like blush papers.

 

I think I'm gonna stay subscribed to both for December and January and then decide which one I want to keep come February and abandon one haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am subscribed but my biggest concern is that I think she/they may have bitten off more then they can chew. Birchbox took over a year to get as many members as they have while it took only a few days for MyGlam to reach almost as many as Birchbox. If they don't have the proper foundation to build their company this rush into it and sell 10,000+ boxes might bite them in the butt. We'll see. I hope I'm wrong but I just have this feeling that if Eco-Emi has all these problems, Birchbox (with it's millions of dollars in investors) have these problems what makes MyGlam any different? Who knows, maybe in a couple of months I'll be singing their praises on what a fantastic company it is. I shall remain skeptical though until convinced otherwise.

 

BTW - anyone wanting a MyGlam is out of luck. They're no longer taking subscribers.

 

MyGlam on Facebook:
Hi all, We are all sold out and can't accept any new subscriptions. We'll work hard to find more products and hopefully can open up the subscriptions again soon.

If you already subscribed, you're in! You won't need to re-order. Thanks and xoxo

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was really excited to buy one, mostly because I didn't HAVE to pay for more than one month if I didn't like it, and $10 was an amazing price for what you were getting.  Sadly, they do not ship internationally.  I was totally going to use the eyeshadow as a secret santa gift because I already own the color xD.. And I am running low on primer/mascara, so it would have been perfect!  But alas, it was not meant to be. </3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by KillerBunny View Post

 

I was really excited to buy one, mostly because I didn't HAVE to pay for more than one month if I didn't like it, and $10 was an amazing price for what you were getting.  Sadly, they do not ship internationally.  I was totally going to use the eyeshadow as a secret santa gift because I already own the color xD.. And I am running low on primer/mascara, so it would have been perfect!  But alas, it was not meant to be. </3

 

Yeah that's why I signed up. I need a new mascara and primer and even with just those 2 things at $10 would be a deal! Haha. It's like the eyeshadow, lip product, and blush paper thingis are a bonus. WIN. Even if the company tanks after a few months at least december will be a super good deal!

 

Bummer than they don't ship internationally for you though :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

how long have they been around? seems like they have more actual makeup products, rather than birchbox's skin creams and face scrubs. definitely interested in signing up :)

(although I have to say, michelle phan kind of creeps me out)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was lucky enough to sign up before the subscriptions ran out. i personally think the site has done a  great job of knowing how many products they have and cutting off new orders before it became a mess or had to issue refunds. they said they cant order more of the current bags, but plan to find products they can order in a greater quantity to open up more subscriptions. the only thing im not happy with is you cant switch from a month to month sub to a yearly without cancelling your account first and losing you "spot" in line to get every bag. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Birchbox and GogoGirlfriend have me a little skeptical now when it comes to monthly samples.  I'll be looking forward to reviews and trust me I'll be keeping my eye on this company to see if they follow thru month after month. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Birchbox a great deal. Even if the samples are tiny (the Jouer lip conditioner for example) you do get at least $10 worth of samples. PLUS if you do the reviews for each item sent you get 10 pts. 100 pts = $10 off their site. If you refer people you get 50 pts. You buy products from them you get more pts (can't recall the amount of pts per dollar you spend). I've used 500 pts so far on my husband's box (which came a week or so ago). I have almost 400 more pts in my account to buy a $40 product from them. It does add up. Out of ALL the companies so far Birchbox is the only one that hasn't completely disappointed me in wanting to cancel my account.

 

As for My Glam. My tracking info came today. It's being shipped out on the 10th via USPS First Class. Can't wait to get my box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree, I think Birchbox is an amazing deal, especially with their points system.  You pay 10 dollars a month, and typically every month has 4-6 samples that you can review.  Say you get 5 each month... in two months, you just earned 10 dollars in points.  I have found so many things from my Birchboxes that I have loved and was able to buy full size with my points.  
 

Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post

I like Birchbox a great deal. Even if the samples are tiny (the Jouer lip conditioner for example) you do get at least $10 worth of samples. PLUS if you do the reviews for each item sent you get 10 pts. 100 pts = $10 off their site. If you refer people you get 50 pts. You buy products from them you get more pts (can't recall the amount of pts per dollar you spend). I've used 500 pts so far on my husband's box (which came a week or so ago). I have almost 400 more pts in my account to buy a $40 product from them. It does add up. Out of ALL the companies so far Birchbox is the only one that hasn't completely disappointed me in wanting to cancel my account.

 

As for My Glam. My tracking info came today. It's being shipped out on the 10th via USPS First Class. Can't wait to get my box.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was disappointed that they weren't accepting any new subscriptions. I am interested to try my glam when it opens back up again. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my+glam+December+2011+007.JPG

 

I'm really happy with it.  It had 3 full sized items, The Urban Decay shadow, The NYX Gloss, and the blush papers.  The retail on those 3 alone are over $40 ($17.50 blush paper, $17 eyeshadow, $6 lipgloss) not counting the sample sized goodies.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh man I can't wait until I receive mine. I really want to try those blush papers haha.
 

Originally Posted by SarahNerd View Post

my+glam+December+2011+007.JPG

 

I'm really happy with it.  It had 3 full sized items, The Urban Decay shadow, The NYX Gloss, and the blush papers.  The retail on those 3 alone are over $40 ($17.50 blush paper, $17 eyeshadow, $6 lipgloss) not counting the sample sized goodies.  



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was excited just thinking that we would get a few sheets of it. Full size = amazing :)
 

Originally Posted by SarahNerd View Post

I was surprised they sent full size packs of them since they run $17.50.  I'm not complaining though!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by SarahNerd View Post

 

my+glam+December+2011+007.JPG

 

I'm really happy with it.  It had 3 full sized items, The Urban Decay shadow, The NYX Gloss, and the blush papers.  The retail on those 3 alone are over $40 ($17.50 blush paper, $17 eyeshadow, $6 lipgloss) not counting the sample sized goodies.  

 

Full size Urban Decay shadow: $17

Urban Decay travel size primer potion: $9

NYX lip gloss: (Is that full size?) $6

 

If they keep this month they'll definitely BEAT Birchbox who would lose customers to them. The downside is that this will be how Birchbox started out - that is send out full size products then six months down the road start sending deluxe sizes before another six months and start sending out minis and one-time use sample size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • NARS Cosmetics Shop Cargo Cosmetics Today!


About MakeupTalk®

© 2003-2018 MakeupTalk.com®, an active online community and message board geared towards members wanting to discuss everything to do with makeup, cosmetics, product reviews, monthly subscription boxes and general beauty related topics. Our community provides product reviews, makeup and general beauty tips. Our most popular topics are subscription boxes and their monthly spoilers. Join our community for free to take part in the conversations and share your own beauty tips and product reviews with others. We look forward to seeing you online here at Makeuptalk®!

Follow us

Recent tweets

MakeupTalk Facebook - 911K Likes

×
×
  • Create New...