Wet n Wild Amped Up (new, limited edition)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
All items shown are limited edition items. Once a store sells out that's it there is (typically) no more.

Retail: $1.99

Available at Fred Meyer in the Pacific NW. At my local Walgreens and RiteAid these are not available yet. At Fred Meyer these are also on sale - B1G1 50% off.

33787 Platinum (silver shimmer)

33788 Golddigger (gold shimmer)

33789 Trashed (black shimmer)

33790 Sellout (fuchsia shimmer)

33791 Stagedive (blue shimmer)

Each single set comes with 1 Color Icon Brow & Eye Liner: Net wt. 0.033 oz / 0.94 g & 1 Color Icon Shimmer Single: Net wt. 0.06 oz / 1.7 g

I'm loving the purple and blue. the packaging and wavy print look sort of like sephora's chrome shadows, I wonder if they're WnW response to them?

I wonder why they don't sell WnW at more places--CVS and Target are much closer to my place than Walgreens

Originally Posted by americanclassic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm loving the purple and blue. the packaging and wavy print look sort of like sephora's chrome shadows, I wonder if they're WnW response to them?

I wonder why they don't sell WnW at more places--CVS and Target are much closer to my place than Walgreens
No, the wavy pattern has been part of their singles for a couple of years now. I own their other singles and all have the wavy pattern. As for selling in other stores, that's up to the stores not them. Target and CVS do buy some WnW but it's up to the individual store to buy and stock the limited edition items.

I am DYING for sellout!!! i saw noveau cheap (wnw ambassador) post about these a little over a week ago. They NEVER seem to come to my area though.

G hasn't been getting any of the new stuff from WnW lately and what she reported actually came from a viewer. I think the Ambassador thing lasted only a few months since none of the other WnW Ambassadors have anything new up from WnW.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

G hasn't been getting any of the new stuff from WnW lately and what she reported actually came from a viewer. I think the Ambassador thing lasted only a few months since none of the other WnW Ambassadors have anything new up from WnW.

oh I know half of her posts are viewer submissions, but her blog was the first one to post about it. i tried looking it up everywhere and couldnt find anymore info. as far as ive seen her and a brilliant brunette still seem to get a few items here and there but not nearly as much as they did when they were the monthly ambassadors. I really hope these come into my area

I miss that the WnW Ambassadors getting new stuff because it's how I go out hunting for stuff. Wish WnW would pick new Ambassadors for 2012.

Definitely have to check out my favorite Fred Myer and Walgreens this week! I'm not a big fan of their skinny liners either, but I love most of their palettes and singles - their singles are so incredibly easy to work with and super pigmented - as well as their fat shadow sticks. I recently tried the UD fat shadow sticks at Sephora and found them to be sticky and yucky on the skin. WnW's fat shadow sticks have a much nicer texture for a fraction of the price.

can someone please let me know when these come to riteaid or walgreens or any other drugstore of that nature. I do not have a Fred Meyer anywhere near me :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've been told that SOME Walgreens have the Amped Up display out but none of my local Walgreens or RiteAids have it yet.

I saw these at my RiteAid yesterday as well as the new nail polish and lipsticks. I'm assuming they should be at all RiteAids now, because I live in a very small town and they have them at mine.

I picked up some of the polishes, as well as the Sellout set as well. Rite Aid and Walgreens had them. I only saw some of the lip products at Fred Myer. Walgreens has the full display up. Rite Aid had smaller displays sitting on the shelves. The polishes are really nice, super opaque - like one coat opaque - and I love the brushes on them. The lip products are nice, very pigmented. The brights are super intense, very nice with a very shiny finish. The darker one I got - Disturbia - looks like a very dark, shimmery purple in the bottle. When applied, the shimmer is lost. It looks nearly black on, or like a deep reddish black. Good quality but not at all what I was expecting color-wise. I wish I would have shosen two bright shades rather than one bright and one dark. The other one I chose was Through the Grapevine, the intense, fuchsia-type shade. It looks exactly like it does in the bottle > creamy and opaque, a really beautiful color that can't be missed. No disappointment there. The eye shadow, on the other hand, is disappointing overall. At least Sellout is. It's not very pigmented when compared to something like Nutty, really not very sparkly at all even though it looks like it in the package, and disappears with just the soft brush of a finger if applied with no base or primer. I've tried it over TFSI, Too Faced First Base and a light slightly sticky base. It works best with first base, but even with that is seriously underwhelming. I had to swatch it about 4 times, layering it, to get what I consider decent payoff. It's very similar in pigmentation and finish to WnW single eye shadow in Lagoon. Pretty much identical in that way. Nutty is far better quality overall than Sellout. I'm glad I didn't buy any of the other ones. I'm going to try it over Pixie Epoxy tomorrow and see if I can get more life out of it. The liner is decent, although nothing particularly special. Just a basic black liner. It is soft enough that it doesn't tug and is quite pigmented, but other than that there's nothing eye-catching about it. Walgreens, Rite Aid and FM all had sales going on, as well as coupons on some of the products. Walgreens and FM had some blow out prices going on on some of the WnW stuff. Walgreens was getting rid of their remaining stock of the Baked and Matte palettes and FM was flogging off all the WnW eye products, some of the mineral products and several other things. With the included coupons I got great deals on all the stuff, and some nearly free. For me only the lip and nail products were worth hunting down. Hoping they come out with far better stuff later in the year.....

So I'm doing swatches right now and took the shadows out of the packing. I flipped each one to make sure I put this in order when I noticed that the # on the back are not the same as on the packaging.

33787 Platinum (silver shimmer) - C302 Platinum

33788 Golddigger (gold shimmer) - C303 Golddigger

33789 Trashed (black shimmer) - C304 Trashed

33790 Sellout (fuchsia shimmer) - C306 Sellout

33791 Stagedive (blue shimmer) - C307 Stagedive

This leads me to believe there was suppose to be a sixth color - C305 - but for whatever reason they chucked it. I wonder what color it was. Perhaps a metallic green?

Of course the batteries would die on my camera. I managed to get a few shots in, once I get the batteries charged I'll get the swatches up.

While the colors are gorgeous in the pan I found Platinum to be the worst to work with. I had to swipe that one several times before getting a good color payout. Golddigger wasn't as bad but it faded out quickly. I applied the shadows on my arm - half over Rimmel primer and half over bare skin. Over bare skin ALL the colors were pretty shoddy and the skin seems to absorb the color - like absorb as in gone. Over a foundation primer the colors didn't fade out as quick. I haven't tried with Urban Decay primer or any other eyeprimer. The one that's hardest to get off is the black.

Keep checking. I just spotted the individual displays at my local RiteAid and was told those were put out on Tuesday (yesterday).

Thous look nice! I would definitely get them! Thanks for telling us! I must go to a Walgreens too bad there is none near me :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> but when I visit my moms she has one near her ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back