best mascaras

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey peers,

I probably posted this question a few years ago, but I am sure we have new users so I am putting it out there.  What is "in your opinion" the best over the counter and department store i.e Macy's, Nordstroms, Sephora, mascara.  I like length and thickness.  Love to have long dramatic lashes.  I am looking for a new mascara.  Thanks!

My all time fave is MAC Zoom Fast Black Lash. It takes my lashes to a whole new level and is my default go to.

The only real downside is that its not waterproof so that could be off putting but I've yet to run into an issue with it in that regards in the 3 yrs I;ve been using it.

I havent really found a HE mascara that works as well as maybelline mascaras.  Right now my faves are maybelline waterproof stiletto and waterproof falsies flared

My top favorite that I've rebought is Maybelline Falsies in waterproof. I need it in waterproof to hold my curl and it does build up nicely. I've had several people ask me if I had on false eye lashes when I used it. As a matter of fact, here's and old FOTD I used it on:

My absolute favorite though is my HG Maybelline Lash Stylist waterproof.  It had a comb brush and was a little difficult to work with but the results were superb once you knew how to use it. Now you can only find it on ebay for about 2 to 3 times the original price. I stocked up when I found out it was being discontinued but I only have one tube left and I'm very depressed.

I still like Maybelline Full N Soft best. Easy to use and foolproof! Perfect for a klutz like me. Lol.

Back