Was wondering if anyone had seen...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
..this video! I thought it would be appropriate with all the topics flying around lately :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

rofl.gif

haha that is hilarious. For some weird reason I was thinking the industry secret would be drinking water. lol

my photoshop pet peeve is airbrushed skin, because 99.999% it's obviously fake and over-done. they do it a lot in senior photos, as well as in pretty much every single magazine shoot/ad.

the dead giveaway is the fact that people like to keep the mouth and eyes sharp, while the rest of the face is lost in a sea of blur; there are always noticeable points where it goes from sharp/crisp to blurry.

Um, where's her nose? It's so photoshopped that she loses her nose definition which in turn makes her face look awkward and she's a pretty girl but that picture makes her face look off some how.

Originally Posted by americanclassic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

my photoshop pet peeve is airbrushed skin, because 99.999% it's obviously fake and over-done. they do it a lot in senior photos, as well as in pretty much every single magazine shoot/ad.

the dead giveaway is the fact that people like to keep the mouth and eyes sharp, while the rest of the face is lost in a sea of blur; there are always noticeable points where it goes from sharp/crisp to blurry.

I've seen this video and I find it a bit funny when the girls act like they're trying to sell a beauty product in a blue box called Fotoshop. LOL!

But yes it's true, with such drastic changes done via Photoshop, it's no wonder how girls feel insecure all the time. I also wonder what the photoshopped subjects themselves feel after seeing the Before & After comparisons of themselves. If I were photoshopped this way, I'd feel like I was lying to the whole world and also feel really terrible about the way I look in real like...

xoxo,

Roxanne

Originally Posted by Laced Ivory /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've seen this video and I find it a bit funny when the girls act like they're trying to sell a beauty product in a blue box called Fotoshop. LOL!

But yes it's true, with such drastic changes done via Photoshop, it's no wonder how girls feel insecure all the time. I also wonder what the photoshopped subjects themselves feel after seeing the Before & After comparisons of themselves. If I were photoshopped this way, I'd feel like I was lying to the whole world and also feel really terrible about the way I look in real like...

xoxo,

Roxanne
they're celebrities. they get paid to not care or at least pretend like it's the norm.

I showed this video to my husband and he got such a kick out of it. The funniest part was when he asked me, "They really do this to all magazines?" Umm, DUH!!

Back