Walgreens, Walmart and RiteAid haul

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I hate posting hauls because I really don't want to sound like I'm bragging however most of this stuff will end up on this site anyways. LOL I apologize about how blurry the pics are, turns out there was something on the lens that caused it to try to focus on that then on the items I was trying to take pics of.

My first stop today was at the Walgreen's near the highway, closest to my daughters' schools. Since I had to drop two of them off at their schools I figured I'm in the area I'd see if they had the Light/Medium BB cream from Gariner since I had previously bought the Medium/Deep before the BOGO50% off sale. I was also on the hunt for Wet 'n' Wild bronzers since I previously did not buy them but people have been asking about the three I've spotted. It was a total bust this morning - the WnW display was practically picked over and they were sold out of the BB cream. So back home I went to wake the hubby and remaining kids up.

My hunt continued in the afternoon since I figured if I could get BOTH the light/medium and medium/dark BB cream I'd just return the (new) medium/deep using the receipt from last week and keep the one I had already opened and used. No harm really since I would have returned it immediately had I known there was a sale this week. So off to the Walgreen's nearest my house and again that was a bust but they FINALLY did get the WnW beauty bar in and it was fully stocked! Score on the bronzers and I had the coupons from my lipsticks (that the clerk didn't take those off last week). So I picked up the three bronzers for $2.99 each instead of $3.99! I also picked up the two new liquid liners and used two more $1 off coupons so those ended up being $1.99 each.

I went to RiteAid on my way home since it's literally on my way home and I ended up spotting several items including Organix Macadamia Oil shampoos, conditioners, deep hair mask and a dry oil in the display. I also spotted their other scent called Awapuhi Ginger. I opened the lids to the deep hair repair mask and OMG LOVED it but at $7.99 each item it was out of my budget today. To be honest I'm WAY over budget this month to begin with so it's on my list for NEXT month. LOL

Actually I may continue to blow my budget this month and just pick these up next week because I'm telling you the scent on BOTH masks are yummy.

At any rate, above that shelf I spotted the new Suave Keratin line, a least part of the line as I didn't see the rest of the products until I went in the evening to a different Walgreens. I picked up the shampoo and conditioner ($3.99 each, turns out Walgreens also has it and sells it for $3.49).

​
After that I went home instead of going to Fred Meyer to see if they got anything new in. I know myself and I knew had I gone I'd have spent more money. LOL Little did I know that I'd be going out again in the evening but my daughter called and asked to be picked up from her after-school band practice so off I went to get her while the hubby stayed home with the kids.

Our first stop, Walmart. Now I hate the Walmart we went to because it's a trashy store, the beauty section is disgusting, but off we went because the hubby didn't want to cook and left it to me tonight. I don't cook so I left it to my eldest to cook dinner (she made a chicken casserole). While she went to get the ingredients to the casserole I went off to the beauty section. I know I'm terrible but I'm really helpless in the kitchen. So what did I end up buying at Walmart?

I bought a new body loofah ($1) since my old one was looking a little ragged after my cat discovered it and has gone after it one too many times. I also picked up two more Freeman facial scrubs and chocolate mask from Montagne Jeunesse. I previously bought other Freeman satchets BEFORE MyGlam was going to send Freeman products out. I do like SOME of the Freeman products just not the cucumber peel-off mask. Oh the satchets were all $1.37. I also bought an EcoTool shadow brush on clearance for $3 and a Pure Ice polish (Lilac Mist) for $1.97. Oh and I picked up the very last bottle of the Toasted Vanilla and Sugar Holiday 2011 limited edition body washes from Suave ($2.97). I already own this one but am almost out. Wish they still had the Candy Apple one (I also already own and love) but alas sold out. I might have to try the other two Walmarts in my area.

So on our way home I stopped off at the Walgreens across the street from that Walmart. I normally don't stop there because it is out of the way but figured I'll give it a shot for the BB cream from Garnier. Guess what I found!

FINALLY! I found the elusive (and last) tube of light/medium BB cream! I bought it and the medium/dark because I'll just return the new tube to the Walgreens I bought it at for $12.99 since I left the receipt in my truck so I wouldn't lose it again. lol These are on BOGO50% at Walgreens - buy one at $12.99 get the second for $6.50. Oh, I also picked up a 2nd WnW bronzer (the light one) because it makes a great highlight.

So that's my haul today. I'll eventually have swatches up of these products if I get my rear in gear and clean my camera's lens. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

nice haul!  I recently got those h20 liners and I'm a bit disappointed.  I always line before I curl my lashes and that eyeliner sticks to my eyelash curler and comes off :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> the staying power is great though

Thanks. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

These are not the H2O liners, there are the Mega Liner® Liquid Eyeliners BUT I've had the same problem with my black and purple ones - if applied before curling the liner will smear even if dry so i just apply after I curl. lol

Yup. The other Megaliners were discontinued (least at Walgreens) and these maybe taking the other shades place (blue and,.. I don't recall the other color).

Great haul, thanks for sharing!! I'm interested to hear how you think the Garnier BB cream stacks up to other brands.

I'm still not over the scent. lol It's a bit off putting, I get headaches easily, but those those will real sensitivities to fragrances this is a definite DO NOT GET item. I have swatches up in the main section of MUT and so it's been an hour or two since I took the pics and washed the product off and the scent is still lingering on my skin. It's pretty faded and it actually smells nice now but when I put it on it was overpowering. My husband says I'm "too sensitive" to smells because I can smell things he doesn't notice right away. LOL (Guess that's why I get headaches easily.)

I saw the Organix setup today in CVS. Had I not already had $50 worth of stuff in my basket, I would have bought the Macadamia dry styling oil.

Back