Stop the shines!!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have been using the same foundation for over a year now and really love it. It's L'Oreal Magic Smooth Souffle. I get the sunscreen from my moisturizer since the foundation has none. Lately I've noticed when I get my photo taken, my skinn seems shiny and looks oily. Ugh!--My biggest dred! Thing is... I don't have oily skin at all . In fact in can be a tad dry at times. I don't have time to dust my face with a powder every 15 min to make sure I'm not being a shiny Sally. Geesh, it's not even summer yet. Any of you have suggestions? Different foundation? .... A perfecting base??? HELP!

I have oily skin and it's a disaster if you look oily all the time. I didn't find the need to use a primer before because I thought it was only a waste of my time and I'll be spending money on something I don't need. I was WRONG! Face primer is the answer to my dilemma. I use BYS Face Primer which is an Australian brand and I think you can also find it in the UK. It's very light weight, spreads easily, and works wonders! And the great thing about it is it's inexpensive! I also got the ELF Mineral Infused Primer and currently testing it. I'm sure if you try a face primer, you'll find a huge difference because I did with my oils skin. I hope you find the best face primer that works for you. 

I have noticeably oily skin.  I bought a bottle of Urban Decay De-Slick spray a week ago, and though I did not expect much, I love it.  Effective at keeping my face from getting that gross shiny look by the afternoon.  They do have a travel size if you want to see if it works for you.

Back