Which Foundations Are Best To Cover Blemishes?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I LOVE Revlon Colorstay Foundation. I've tried many different kinds of foundation, and Colorstay is the only one that has the coverage I need.

your concealer might be done for... How long have you had it?

I would second Revlon Colorstay or Colorstay Stay Natural. Also, I have heard raves about Estee Lauder's Doublewear and Dermablend.

Max Factor's Facefinity is pretty good too, but I can't find a color that fits me. It's either too light or too dark.

I don't use foundation to cover blemishes, I use Laura Mercier Secret Camoflague concealer.

At the mo i'm using Bobbi Brown's Creamy Concealer topped with Stila's Cover Up Stick concealer. I dont use foundation to cover blemishes.

Laura Mercier. Whichever formula suits your skin type - I've used and had success with the oil free and the moisturizing (this is more for normal skin than super dry).

I find when I use this, I don't need concealor and it does a much better job than using a sheer foundation and concealor. And because it's so pigmented, you actually use very little product so it doesn't look heavy or cakey at all.

If you are in Canada, Holt Renfrew will give you a generous sample.

Prescriptives Virtual Matte does the job for me (I have acne scars and still get pimples), and when I use it people tell me I look like a China Doll (even salespeople at other cosmetic counters). I don't bother with concealer because I just dot a little extra foundation on any giant blemishes and it works just as well. Bobbi Brown's Oil-Free Compact foundation is also a good back-up choice.

I agree with the other ladies in suggesting that maybe you should try concealer instead of foundation to cover blemishes. But, if you prefer to use foundation, then maybe you should try a foundation stick. It provides a little heavier coverage. I use L'oreal Quick Stick, but if you'd like something higher end, then you might want to check out Bobbi Brown's foundation sticks. They're also really good. HTH.

Estee Lauder futurist is good for coverage though it can look a bit shiny without powder. It has more of a natural look to the finish.

Dermablend is an amazing product for covering anything you might need to cover. With it you don't need a seperate concealer. It is 2 steps the foundation and a setting powder. The setting powder is white don't let that scare you it is universal and can be worn on anyone from the palest to the woman of color. If you have shine problems it also keep you nice and matte. The foundation covers so well because it has 5 times the opacity of most foundations but it does not promote further break outs. Good stuff you might want to try.

I use Prescriptives Flawless skin foundation and Galactic Sheild blemish concealer by Benefit cosmetics. Works perfectly for me and my oily skin!

I use my new foundation shade of Double Wear in "Tawny" to cover all my blemishes and dark circles. I have alot of yellow undertones and Tawny is a bit on the yellowish side. Because yellow cancels out blues it works to hide my dark circles as well!!!!!! No more cakey concealers for me yay!

Back