Bio Oil??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I hope this is in the right place...

Has anyone heard of Bio Oil?

Its oil you use on scars and other things but apprently its good... I hope anyway!

I have a scar on my leg I really want to go!

i just bought some yesterday, i want to use it under my eyes. Did you ever try it, and if you did how did it work for you?

ok i have horrible scaring from pregnancy and i used this and still do!!! they have helped my stretch marks alot, but i have been slack on using it lately, i would show before and after pics, but i am too horrified of the marks. umm i used this on my face when preggers and helped the pigmentation on my skin, seemed to be clearer but i recommend using it straight after a shower etc as it absorbs better!! and u have to use it twice daily to see any changes.

if you are thinking of using it for scarring, id suggest you start right away, the longer you leave a scar, the longer it takes to heal it.

id try a combination of bio oil and vitamin e oil? bio oil is pretty pricey for the size; if you want to use it on the leg you might need to use larger amounts.

my friend likes to lightly rub bio oil into her skin before makeup (she has very dry skin) and it gives her makeup a nice dewy finish.

umm also bio oil does last a long time!!! i was using it when preggers and i was placing it on my face, tummy, sides, thighs, back of legs my bum and the back of my thighs and i was doing this twice a day everyday, the larger bottle lasted me 2.5 weeks!!! so i thought that was great!!! also there are serums out there u could try but they tend to get sticky!!!

i just found it at walgreens the other day. I had heard of it before but did not order it, so when i saw it there i picked it up. I have only been using it a few days, but for 12 or so dollars, it is def worth the try.

You can be sure, if it is the miracle that it claims i will post it on MUT!

i've used it on scratch marks I get on my hands from my pet water dragon. they have gotten much less obvious and less pigmented. I recommend it highly, but not on the face. it ended up breaking me out. just depends though. hth

bio-oil is very gud for scars and dry skin patches and i like the scent bcoz its not too overpowering

I use bio oil as my body and face moisturiser after a shower. It smells nice, and is very light/non greasy. I used it when pregnant too, and I don't have ANY stretchmarks (and I was HUGE - 165cm tall, gained 25kg and had a huge baby LOL). It is very well known and used in Australia. I love it.

ur one of thelucky ones belle i also pu that much on when i was preggers but i ran out in the crucial stage of pregnancy lol!!! y mine turned out really bad, but i still love this stuff.

LOL Chantelle. I'm sure I would have gotten stretch marks though had I gone full term! (induced a month early).

oh u lucky thing lol!!! i went 10 days over, i had to stop using bio oil just due to the fact we were soo broke, and i was rushing around getting things ready lol!!

oh well

im using it for a week now, it absorbs pretty quick and doesnt leave that greasy feeling.Im using on my legs, have a very bad scarred spotty marked legs :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

too early to see any diff for me

I use it as a facial moisturiser, I have sensitive skin and it was recommended to me that I use an oil as moisturiser because they have less ingredients that could irritate sensetive skin. You only need a small amount because a little goes a long way, I don't think I'll ever go back to using normal facial moisturisers.

I just found this at Walgreens recently and bought some due to all the raves on here. Haven't tried it yet though. I've got scarring from my c-section and a few stretch marks too. It must work or Walgreens wouldn't have started carrying it, I don't think. They just started according to the SA.

Back