Core & Limited Edition: Maybelline Eye Studio Color Tattoo

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So probably by now you've heard of Maybelline's Tattoo Cream Gel Eyeshadows and you know the original core line had 10 colors (of which only 9 are on the Maybelline website - Too Cool is not listed).

Retail price: $6.99

Core line

5 Too Cool​

10 Fierce and Tangy

15 Audacious Asphalt

20 Painted Purple​
 ​
25 Bad To The Bronze​
 ​

30 Pomegrante Punk

35 Tough as Taupe​
 ​
40 Tenacious Teal​
 ​
45 Bold Gold​
 ​

50 Edgy Emerald

Images from Temptalia

​
For those unable to view the embedded videos here are the direct links:​

There are supposedly eight limited edition Tattoo shadows but I've only seen seven so far. The display at Target had Blue on By; Ready, Set, Green and Fuchsia Fever but was sold out of Test My Teal. I'll head to the other Target in my area tomorrow to track it down since I want to hit the other Fred Meyer for those Wet 'n' Wild limited edition 8-pan shadows.

Me too. I think the last four colors should be made part of the core line.

I wish these came in regular black! I want to try them but none of the colours that they currently have are very wearable on me. (I prefer black-based colours or just plain black).

From my experience with the Color Tattoos, the lighter, more neutral colors work the best.  The darker colors can be a bit patchy. 

Barely Beige, Bold Gold, and Gold Shimmer are my favorites.  Barely Beige makes a great shadow base.

I love these eyeshadows.  I have Too Cool, Bold Gold, Tough as Taupe, Tenacious Teal, Audacious Asphalt, and Pomegranate Punk from the core line.  I searched for 3 weeks in 20 different stores to find Barely Beige, Mossy Green, Gold Shimmer, Rich Mahogany, and Test My Teal.  I am thinking about getting Bad to the Bronze.  I use these everyday as my eyshadow color, I set the cream with a little baby powder.  I think it is rediculous to buy these as shadow primer, especially the LE ones, becaue there are those of us who love them and have a hard time finding them.  If you want primer, please just buy primer, and leave the colors to those of us who really want the color.

Originally Posted by ttanner2005 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Black is available in Europe, but I have yet to find a way to purchase the black in the US.
In the UK the names are also different but some are the same colors. In Germany they have the black which I would love to have. I think their Eternal Gold is not the same as our Bold Gold and of course we don't have Endless Black.

​
Images from Amazon.de​

UK names
German names
  1. 05 eternal gold
  2. 15 endless purple
  3. 20 turquoise forever
  4. 35 on and on bronze
  5. 40 permanent taupe
  6. 50 eternal silver
  7. 55 immortal charcoal
  1. 05 Eternal Gold
  2. 15 Endless Purple
  3. 20 Turquoise Forever
  4. 30 Always Green
  5. 35 On and On Bronze
  6. 40 Permanent Taupe
  7. 45 Infinite White
  8. 50 Silver
  9. 55 Immortal Charcoal
  10. 60 Timeless Black

I saw these the other day at Rite Aid, I thought it was great idea and hoped it was part of their permanent line, but alas... now I will have to go and load up before they're gone.

The blue, teal, green and purple are calling to me. My daughters got into some of my cream  liners and didn't close them. I had to toss 3.

I saw these at Walgreens yesterday. but they didn't have the particular color I was looking for.

I want to get my hands on some of the LE shades so bad! Especially Barley Beige and Gold Shimmer. I'm hoping they come to Canada soon because I haven't seen them yet. 

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

In the UK the names are also different but some are the same colors. In Germany they have the black which I would love to have. I think their Eternal Gold is not the same as our Bold Gold and of course we don't have Endless Black.
Do you know how much the price difference in Europe is? If it's still under $10 after conversion (since my HG black cream eyeliner is $15 and there's no sense in spending more than that - I'm mainly looking for cheaper alternatives) then I just may have to ask my old exchange partner in Germany search for it for me! And if it's around outside of Germany one of my best friends is attending uni in the UK and my boy is in Holland right now, so I could ask them to take a look too.

I know on the Amazon Germany site it's EUR 7,25 but they won't ship to the US on those particular products. Cosmetics can't be exported from Amazon.de to the US. EUR 7,25 converts to around $9.32 give or take the day.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know on the Amazon Germany site it's EUR 7,25 but they won't ship to the US on those particular products. Cosmetics can't be exported from Amazon.de to the US. EUR 7,25 converts to around $9.32 give or take the day.
not bad at all! It looks like it's not just Germany that has the black so I'll ask my friend in uni first if she's seen them around - we've actually been talking about swapping US/UK (or Europe) only products while she's there, so this is perfect!

Back