Whats the best eyeliner for the inner eye membrane?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm looking for suggestions on the best eyeliner for inside the eye super black and does not smudge. Any suggestions?

(Just quietly posting so I am subscribed here and get to know, too.  Tired of smudging under my lashes every time I line my eye.)

Well, I just do the tightline, and I've been trying a few different things lately.  The best thing I've found so far is NYC's waterproof black 931A.  Got it at Target.  I don't pull up my top lid to line, I just put the pencil tip in the outer corner, lower my lid a bit, and move the pencil back and forth along the lid.  It does tend to smudge under my bottom lashes a little while or right after I do it before it dries, but not as much as the other things I tried.  And it transfers to the waterline, which I wish it wouldn't.

Try layering two types a water proof maybelline pencil and then a gel liner.

You could try what we did in the late 70's and 80's warm up the maybelline eyebrow pencil ( the little red ones ) when it is cool enough apply to the water line.

I have recently started using Urban Decay 24/7 eye pencils and I like them. I can cry and I haven't had them smudge on me.

Originally Posted by Artonit Makeup /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm looking for suggestions on the best eyeliner for inside the eye super black and does not smudge. Any suggestions?
I also use the 24/7 UD liners. Easy to put on, hard to smudge.

Just noticing you are from Houston from the little bit under your post, so if you want to try one, Nordstrom Rack in both the Galleria and in Sugar Land have various UD palettes for super cheap, at least one of which include a travel size UD 'zero' 24/7 liner which is a dark black.  

I love the Milani EasyLiner in Black. It's an automatic pencil and I hate sharpening! I put it on both the tight line and water line, then use a liquid or gel on the lid. If I'm going to be out for a while or want a really dark black look, I will dip a flat eyeliner brush into matte black eye shadow (I use the black from my Coastal Scents 88 palette, but any will work) and pat that onto my waterline on top of the liner. 

Back