Quick and easy Halloween makeup/costume ideas?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have work early in the AM the next morning so I'm not doing anything crazy Halloween night, but I though it might be fun to dress up a little since I'm going out anyways. Anyone have any suggestions/links/youtube videos for quick and easy costumes? Thanks!

(preferably not like frat-party 'bra and micromini = I'm a cat can't you tell?' type of quick costume, or a full-on costume, just a kind-of subtle nod to Halloween)

Princess?

Or what I've seen alot of girls going as, Sophia Grace and Rosie from Ellen/The UK.[Youtube them if you've never heard of them]

For Sophia Grace and Rosie, just get a princess crown, curl your hair and wear a white t shirt with a pink tutu.

Depending on your wardrobe, you could highlight different trends or eras in fashion/time...mod , Boho hippie, 80's punk/glam, etc.... Or pick a movie character... Got a formal dress? Make or buy a cheapie sash and go as your local pageant queen..state, county, city lol.

I want to dress up as a mermaid (I've got tons of teal/turquoise makeup and a blue wig) but I'm too lazy to do a full costume.. plus I'm not really doing anything either.

Mime

Black long sleeve tee or turtleneck, black pants, black or fun hat. Paint face white, play up your eyes to be extra expressive. Take a ping pong paddle or similar size object, print Trick or Treat on one side and Thank you on the other side. Practice your charade skills. 

I dressed up my son like this a couple of Halloween's ago and it was a huge hit.

Painter

Wear an oversized white shirt (I borrowed one from my husband), belt it if really long (he's a tall man), wear a beret if you have one and take a paper plate, and dab several colors of paint or marker on it like a painter's palette. Cut a hole on one side of the paper plate for your thumb. I also glued a paint brush to my palette. use an easy to remove eyeliner, etc to color in a little french mustache and/or goatee on your face. Talk with a french accent all night. 

I went as a cat lady...went to Goodwill and bought an ugly sweater  + jeans up to my waist, and pinned a toy to my sweater haha. And messy hair haha.....super easy and it cost me $7?

Yeah I looked super ugly but didn't GAF lol. 

I did this for a quick get together
and I did this for my husband for work

Back