The Random Questions of Beauty

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1. What are your every day essentials?2. How often do you shower?3. What kind of hair products do you use?4. What are your favorite makeup brands?5. Do you wash your face before bed? In the AM?6. What's your favorite way to do your hair?7. Are the any hair styles you wish you could do?8. Are your nails always manicured?9. Which makeup product could you not live without?10. Flat irons, aka hair straighteners: Evil or awesome?11. Do you go tanning or use self-tanner?12. How often do you poke yourself in the eye with your eyeliner? 13. Do you like a lot of makeup on, or do you like a natural style better?14. On average, how long does it take to get your hair and makeup done?15. Favorite nail polish color? 16. Do you ever go out in public without makeup on? 17. What's your best beauty tip?18. Do you have acne? If so, how do you treat it? 19. Favorite eye shadow color? 20. Do you dye your hair?21. What's the worst (most and least) you would pay for makeup?22. Have you ever gotten your makeup professionally done?23. Have you ever had a facial?

1. What are your every day essentials? - Foundation, eyeliner, and eye shadow. I have to straighten my hair, too. 
2. How often do you shower? - Every other day. 3. What kind of hair products do you use? - Organix Moroccan Oil (Shamppo, Conditioner, and leave in oil), Macadamia Leave In Nourishing Cream, Matrix: Biolage Smoothing Shine Milk. Then I use Bed Head Control Freak (Gel) and Bed Head Superstar Volumizing Hairspray (It smells AMAZING).4. What are your favorite makeup brands? - Sephora, Mary Kay, Physicians Formula, Hair Candy, Urban Decay, Burt's Bees.5. Do you wash your face before bed? In the AM? - Both.6. What's your favorite way to do your hair? - I have short hair so I don't exactly have many options. lol.7. Are the any hair styles you wish you could do? - Anything involving long hair. Being able to wear it curly would be a nice start.8. Are your nails always manicured? - Most of the time. 9. Which makeup product could you not live without? - Foundation10. Flat irons, aka hair straighteners: Evil or awesome? - Awesome!11. Do you go tanning or use self-tanner? - I don't do either. 12. How often do you poke yourself in the eye with your eyeliner? - Not at all any more. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />13. Do you like a lot of makeup on, or do you like a natural style better? - Depends on my mood. 14. On average, how long does it take to get your hair and makeup done? - About an hour (Includes washing my face).15. Favorite nail polish color? - Right now I'm really loving Essie's lilac shade.16. Do you ever go out in public without makeup on? - Not if I can avoid it. lol.17. What's your best beauty tip? - More does not always equal better when applying your makeup.18. Do you have acne? If so, how do you treat it? - When I get a breakout I use Burt's Bee Acne Solutions line. And Alba spot treatment.19. Favorite eye shadow color? - Anything neutral.20. Do you dye your hair? - Unfortunately. 21. What's the worst (most and least) you would pay for makeup? - Well I've bought dollar makeup before that works really well. The most I've ever paid for a single product (not counting skin care) was $35 plus tax with the Sephora Pro Collection Smokey Eye Palette. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I want an Urban Decay palette, but I can't bring myself to get spend $50 when my Sephora palette works just as well.22. Have you ever gotten your makeup professionally done? - Yes23. Have you ever had a facial? - Not at a spa or anything like that. 

1. What are your every day essentials? Certain Dri Solid, Dove Visibly Smooth, Aveeno Positively Radiant moisturizer2. How often do you shower? Once a day3. What kind of hair products do you use? DevaCurl Low Poo, Herbal Essences Honey I'm Strong Conditioner4. What are your favorite makeup brands? Revlon, L'Oreal5. Do you wash your face before bed? In the AM? Before bed, yes. In the AM, no6. What's your favorite way to do your hair? Braid on the side7. Are the any hair styles you wish you could do? Not really.8. Are your nails always manicured? Almost always.9. Which makeup product could you not live without? Foundation.10. Flat irons, aka hair straighteners: Evil or awesome? Awesome!11. Do you go tanning or use self-tanner? Nope -- I'm already naturally dark!12. How often do you poke yourself in the eye with your eyeliner? Never.13. Do you like a lot of makeup on, or do you like a natural style better? Natural14. On average, how long does it take to get your hair and makeup done? 5 minutes15. Favorite nail polish color? Depends on my mood16. Do you ever go out in public without makeup on? Rarely17. What's your best beauty tip? 18. Do you have acne? If so, how do you treat it? Yes, but not bad anymore. Wash my face w/Clean & Clear Advantage Oil Absorbing Cream Cleanser19. Favorite eye shadow color? Gold20. Do you dye your hair? No, but I want to at some point21. What's the worst (most and least) you would pay for makeup? Not sure, depends on the product22. Have you ever gotten your makeup professionally done? No23. Have you ever had a facial? No

1. What are your every day essentials?

Lip color, fragrance, hand cream

2. How often do you shower?

Daily!

3. What kind of hair products do you use?

Shampoo, curl definer or texturizer

4. What are your favorite makeup brands?

PurMinerals

5. Do you wash your face before bed? In the AM?

Both!

6. What's your favorite way to do your hair?

Big poofy bun

7. Are the any hair styles you wish you could do?

Yes, a big poofy bun! I rarely seem to get it right.

8. Are your nails always manicured?

Yes!

9. Which makeup product could you not live without?

Lipstick

10. Flat irons, aka hair straighteners: Evil or awesome?

Evil. I paid a metric ton of money for my curly perm, I want to keep it curly!

11. Do you go tanning or use self-tanner?

Self-tanner and bronzer

12. How often do you poke yourself in the eye with your eyeliner? 

too many times to count. I stink with eye makeup.

13. Do you like a lot of makeup on, or do you like a natural style better?

More natural

14. On average, how long does it take to get your hair and makeup done?

10 minutes

15. Favorite nail polish color? 

In-Your-Face Red

16. Do you ever go out in public without makeup on? 

Rarely. I at least have a little lippie on.

17. What's your best beauty tip?

A little bronzer under the jawline helps slim the face. That, and don't smoke!

18. Do you have acne? If so, how do you treat it? 

An occasional period zit, I just use a store-brand pimple cream

19. Favorite eye shadow color? 

Brown or Taupe

20. Do you dye your hair?

Highlight and perm

21. What's the worst (most and least) you would pay for makeup?

The least I have paid for something that wasn't questionable quality is $3.99. The most I'll pay is $35.00 for any one item, not including kits.

22. Have you ever gotten your makeup professionally done?

Yes

23. Have you ever had a facial?

Not professionally

1. What are your every day essentials? My skin care routine consists of: Kose Softymo Deep Cleansing Oil (Asian brand), Kracie Cleansing Foam (Asian brand), Desert Essence Organic Pomegranate Face Serum, The Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying Daily Moisturizer, and any time I leave the house I try to wear Maybelline Dream Fresh BB cream (for the sun protection). 2. How often do you shower? I wash my hair once every 3 days or so. I take a shower or a bath every day. 3. What kind of hair products do you use? I use Organics Vanilla Silk shampoo and conditioner for my scalp, and then also EverSleek deep conditioner or the Organics Argan Oil deep conditioner for the length of my hair. I use a couple different products for flyaways but I am not in love with any of those. I also occasionally use coconut oil or a hairdress as a leave in treatment that I wash out the next day. 4. What are your favorite makeup brands? E.L.F. is really only brand I consistently buy stuff from. I like my Kat Von D and Urban Decay eyeshadow palettes and I have a lot of different drugstore lipsticks and such that I like as well. 5. Do you wash your face before bed? In the AM? I try to do both, but definitely at night. 6. What's your favorite way to do your hair? Honestly, I really just like to wear it down. No product, no styling, just a good brushing and good to go. 7. Are the any hair styles you wish you could do? There are a lot of braiding techniques I would love to learn to do on myself. 8. Are your nails always manicured? I wish. Unfortunately, my nails break super easily, I use my hands a lot, and having imperfect nail polish drives me up the wall. 9. Which makeup product could you not live without? Really, I am not sure. I think I probably play with eyeshadow the most. 10. Flat irons, aka hair straighteners: Evil or awesome? Not for me. I have never even used one. But all my siblings (including my brothers) have one so they must do something good. 11. Do you go tanning or use self-tanner? Nope, I am a pale one. 12. How often do you poke yourself in the eye with your eyeliner? Not very often. Mascara is another story. 13. Do you like a lot of makeup on, or do you like a natural style better? For day to day, I like natural. But I do like the way I look with make-up on. 14. On average, how long does it take to get your hair and makeup done? If I am doing a full face, which I only do for events and such, it might take me as long as 30 minutes. 15. Favorite nail polish color? I really do not know. I do not wear nail polish enough to have a favorite. 16. Do you ever go out in public without makeup on? Frequently. 17. What's your best beauty tip? I think one of the most useful tips I have learned in that the right brushes really do make a big difference. 18. Do you have acne? If so, how do you treat it? I get a spot a couple times a month. I do not treat them other than basic skin care. 19. Favorite eye shadow color? Probably peach which I have discovered is not easy to find. 20. Do you dye your hair? Yes, I do. For years I dyed it with regular hair dye, but due to some allergic reactions I have developed, I have switched to using henna and indigo. 21. What's the worst (most and least) you would pay for makeup? There is not least, and the most would really depend on the product. For example, over $10 is probably too much for me to spend on a lipstick. But I might spend $50 or more on a good eye shadow palette, but probably not more than maybe $60. 22. Have you ever gotten your makeup professionally done? I have worked with several make-up artists as I am a model. 23. Have you ever had a facial? No, but I am toying with the idea. I would love to see the black heads on my nose and chin gone.

Lipbalm, handcream, hand sanitizer, brow powder.

Everyday.

Shampoo from the pharmacy and oils.

Urban Decay, Fyrinnae, i'm not exclusive.

Yes to both.

I just blowdry my layers in place, and let it hang loose on my shoulders. i have fine hair, so not tying it is apparently the best thing i can do to my hair.

Yes, Torrin's hairstyles for example (on youtube), i try to grow out my hair but it got so fragile i had to cut several inches :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />8. Are your nails always manicured?

Yes, but usually i just apply a coat of clear polish, i can't wear polish at work so i'm cheating with a protective base.

Mascara. Definitely.

Evil. I don't own any.

Tanning beds are bad for your skin, and i don't bother using self tanners, they don't look natural considering i burn under the sun.

I created a rule for myself : if i'm too tired, or in a rush, i don't use eyeliner. So, never :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I still poke myself sometimes with mascara ^^

I'm fine with both, if it's applied well, you won't look like you have a lot on.

I would say 45 minutes, 30 for makeup, 15 for hair, i'm not used to my new haircut, so blowdrying takes me some time.

Gilded from Acquarella.

Yes, there are days i don't have time or don't want to wear makeup on. Whatever, i'm still the same person underneath.

Practice !

Very rarely. I use an essential oil and a q-tip to apply it on the spot.

Sin from Urban Decay, my go-to colour.

Never, i like my natural color too much.

About $50 for a foundation, and $30 for a mascara, i can really splurge on these items. I don't really have a minimal pricetag, it depends on the brands, some cheap brands are really good, others, a waste of money.

Once, at the release of the Barbie collection from MAC. That's where i learned a makeup base can be useful as mine totally melted, and the makeup artist didn't have much experience in applying makeup on others. Bad experience.

Yes, once. Lovely time, i wish facials were less expensive so i could have one every once in a while.

1. What are your every day essentials? All the skin care items in my routine(cleanser, tonic, serum, moisturizer, eye cream)2. How often do you shower?daily3. What kind of hair products do you use? cleansing conditioner, styling cream, texture balm, oils, hair masks.4. What are your favorite makeup brands? Urban Decay, Make Up Forever, bareMinerals.5. Do you wash your face before bed? In the AM?both6. What's your favorite way to do your hair? it's natural wavy, so I leave it like that.7. Are the any hair styles you wish you could do? not really8. Are your nails always manicured? yes9. Which makeup product could you not live without? mascara!10. Flat irons, aka hair straighteners: Evil or awesome? awesome11. Do you go tanning or use self-tanner? I go tanning at the beach most of the time.12. How often do you poke yourself in the eye with your eyeliner? never with eyeliner.13. Do you like a lot of makeup on, or do you like a natural style better? lots on! 14. On average, how long does it take to get your hair and makeup done? hair, no time it does itself, make up...about an hour15. Favorite nail polish color? Pacific Blue- Sally Hansen such a cute color!16. Do you ever go out in public without makeup on?  no17. What's your best beauty tip? almond oil for your hair <318. Do you have acne? If so, how do you treat it?  I have random breakouts, so I use topical solutions19. Favorite eye shadow color? anything in the brow/copper kinda shades20. Do you dye your hair?nope,all natural21. What's the worst (most and least) you would pay for makeup? it depends for me the worst is paying the $50ish an Urban Decay palette is worth! 22. Have you ever gotten your makeup professionally done? nope23. Have you ever had a facial? not a professional, just a "facial" at home.

Originally Posted by Dekilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My skin care routine consists of: Kose Softymo Deep Cleansing Oil (Asian brand), Kracie Cleansing Foam (Asian brand), Desert Essence Organic Pomegranate Face Serum, The Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying Daily Moisturizer, and any time I leave the house I try to wear Maybelline Dream Fresh BB cream (for the sun protection).

I wash my hair once every 3 days or so. I take a shower or a bath every day.

I use Organics Vanilla Silk shampoo and conditioner for my scalp, and then also EverSleek deep conditioner or the Organics Argan Oil deep conditioner for the length of my hair. I use a couple different products for flyaways but I am not in love with any of those. I also occasionally use coconut oil or a hairdress as a leave in treatment that I wash out the next day.

E.L.F. is really only brand I consistently buy stuff from. I like my Kat Von D and Urban Decay eyeshadow palettes and I have a lot of different drugstore lipsticks and such that I like as well.

I try to do both, but definitely at night.

Honestly, I really just like to wear it down. No product, no styling, just a good brushing and good to go.

There are a lot of braiding techniques I would love to learn to do on myself.

I wish. Unfortunately, my nails break super easily, I use my hands a lot, and having imperfect nail polish drives me up the wall.

Really, I am not sure. I think I probably play with eyeshadow the most.

Not for me. I have never even used one. But all my siblings (including my brothers) have one so they must do something good.

Nope, I am a pale one.

Not very often. Mascara is another story.

For day to day, I like natural. But I do like the way I look with make-up on.

If I am doing a full face, which I only do for events and such, it might take me as long as 30 minutes.

I really do not know. I do not wear nail polish enough to have a favorite.

Frequently.

I think one of the most useful tips I have learned in that the right brushes really do make a big difference.

I get a spot a couple times a month. I do not treat them other than basic skin care.

Probably peach which I have discovered is not easy to find.

Yes, I do. For years I dyed it with regular hair dye, but due to some allergic reactions I have developed, I have switched to using henna and indigo.

There is not least, and the most would really depend on the product. For example, over $10 is probably too much for me to spend on a lipstick. But I might spend $50 or more on a good eye shadow palette, but probably not more than maybe $60.

I have worked with several make-up artists as I am a model.

No, but I am toying with the idea. I would love to see the black heads on my nose and chin gone.
Have you ever used a green tea nail strengthener on your nails? My nails used to break easily too, and that's what I used. 

I can't imagine taking an hour to get ready in the morning...wow! It takes me ~20 minutes from start to finish...from getting up, going to the bathroom, getting dressed, and doing my hair and makeup! Granted, I shower at night, so that cuts out ~10-15 minutes, but still. Then again, I don't do anything extravagant...my hair almost always goes into a side braid, clipped on the opposite side after putting gel in it and brushing it flat (and braiding it only takes me about a minute, if that, so my hair in total takes no more than ~3 minutes), and the only makeup I do everyday is foundation (well, first moisturizer, then primer, then concealer, then foundation, and finally translucent powder). And I'm pretty quick about it.

Originally Posted by KeepOnSingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I can't imagine taking an hour to get ready in the morning...wow! It takes me ~20 minutes from start to finish...from getting up, going to the bathroom, getting dressed, and doing my hair and makeup! Granted, I shower at night, so that cuts out ~10-15 minutes, but still. Then again, I don't do anything extravagant...my hair almost always goes into a side braid, clipped on the opposite side after putting gel in it and brushing it flat (and braiding it only takes me about a minute, if that, so my hair in total takes no more than ~3 minutes), and the only makeup I do everyday is foundation (well, first moisturizer, then primer, then concealer, then foundation, and finally translucent powder). And I'm pretty quick about it.
Lol, my hair is getting at an awkward length (I'm trying to grow it out from a pixie cut) that is hard to do anything with. It doesn't like to cooperate with me 99% of the time so getting ready takes a bit when I have to blow dry and try to straighten it. On days that I don't shower (since I shower every other day because of my dry skin and dry hair) it takes much less time. When I shower I wait for my hair to get about 50% dry before putting any product in and blow drying it, so that was factored in. 

The Random Questions of Beauty 1. What are your every day essentials? Lip Balm, Lipgloss and Moisturizer 2. How often do you shower? Twice a day 3. What kind of hair products do you use? Desert Essence Coconut Shampoo and Hair Lotion 4. What are your favorite makeup brands? Alima Pure and Red Apple Lipstick 5. Do you wash your face before bed? In the AM? Day and Night 6. What's your favorite way to do your hair? I will french braid my hair before bed and then it has some wonderful beachy waves the next day. 7. Are the any hair styles you wish you could do? Not really 8. Are your nails always manicured? No 9. Which makeup product could you not live without? Foundation, Lip Balm and mascara 10. Flat irons, aka hair straighteners: Evil or awesome? Awesome! 11. Do you go tanning or use self-tanner? Neither 12. How often do you poke yourself in the eye with your eyeliner? Never 13. Do you like a lot of makeup on, or do you like a natural style better? Natural 14. On average, how long does it take to get your hair and makeup done? Thirty min or less 15. Favorite nail polish color? Red 16. Do you ever go out in public without makeup on? All the time 17. What's your best beauty tip? What goes inside you body is just as important as what goes on. Eat healthy and drink lots of water! 18. Do you have acne? If so, how do you treat it? Still trying to figure that one out 19. Favorite eye shadow color? Brown 20. Do you dye your hair? No 21. What's the worst (most and least) you would pay for makeup? Fifty on foundation and no more than twenty on everything else 22. Have you ever gotten your makeup professionally done? Yes 23. Have you ever had a facial? Yes

Clean, well-moisturized skin & a scent.

Sometimes twice a day, sometimes none.  Depends.

I love love love the whole Organix line.  Garnier is also all over my bathroom, but more on the styling end. 

My new love is this shadow trio from Lorac.  

How can you not?

Every girl born with naturally curly hair eventually learns to just go with it.    

A perfect pert ponytail a la Judy Jetson.  

At least trimmed down.  Sometimes I let the polish get chippy/cracky, but I actually like how it looks for awhile before it's too unseemly.  I'm very particular about my pedicures, however.

Urban Decay Shadow Primer is the only way to go with dark lids.  I used Korres today with Stila black eyeshadow & by 2:30 it was all over the place. Never again.  

Fun to play with, but would never bother to work in my daily routine.  

I've experimented with the Jergens self-tanner, but I ultimately feel weird about rubbing dye on my skin.  

I am horrible at eyeliner application & am determined to get the hang of it.  I always look like a Manson Kid who got caught in the rain.

Well, both.  I like to use a lot to make it look like I'm not wearing any.  No, I mean it.

I can wake up at 7:15 & clock in at 7:58 including shower & 10 minute commute.  So real freakin' fast.  But that is work-related dicipline & Red Bull.  However, I do have a full 20-minute version that I prefer when possible.  

Black.  All twenty.  All the time.  

Yes.  

Moisturize!!!!

Sometimes.  Clearasil or similar product.

Brown

No

$.99-$60

No

That reminds me, I need to cash in that groupon.  So, not yet...

Hi everyone :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm new here... 

Clinique Moisturizer, Eos sweet mint/or Burt's Bees lip balm, Nars Tinted Moisturizer, Cetaphil, Nutrogena Oil-Free Grapefruit Face Wash.

At least once a day.

Aveeno Colour Protectant Shampoo for Fine Hair, Aveeno Shine Conditioner. (Once a week, John Freida Purple Shampoo, and Live Clean Argon Oil Conditioning Mask.) Organix Leave in conditioner. Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum.

Urban Decay, MAC, Nars, Clinique, Maybelline. 

Always in the AM.. usually at night unless I'm being lazy with a make up remover wipe or some Bioderma.

Easiest is straight.. but favourite is loose curls. 

Wavy, or tight curls that stay put.. My hair is too fine and straight. 

I go through phases. Months of perfect polish, then months of none. 

Tinted Moisturizer, Black eyeliner, Mascara, and blush. 

Never had to get one. 

Neither.

Not often. 

Natural, unless I'm going out!

About an hour, with shower, and everything.

Right now, the Essie winter collection. I've got Snap Happy on right now. 

Rarely, but I will if I have a lot of errands to do. 

Find what works for you! A cult favourite might not be your favourite. 

Sometimes. Nutrogena Grapefruit face wash, everyday to prevent. And 2% salicylic acid for spots. 

MAC Era.

Half a head of highlights

$50ish for the Naked Palette

Nope

No

Face cleanser and serum; eye cream; hair oil; BB cream, lip balm

Every day; I wash my hair every other day  

Shampoo, Conditioner, Masks, Leave-in Conditioner, Hair Oils  

Urban Decay, Make Up For Ever, Benefit, Nars, Bare Minerals, Jouer  

Yes and yes  

It's fun to do curls (without heat); I usually just let it air dry (it's straight and very manageable)  

It'd be cute to try different hairstyles from different eras (1920s, 1950s, etc)  

No  

BB cream  

Evil? Honestly, I never use them  

No  

Rarely - it has happened though! lol  

I prefer a natural style  

I spend probably 30 seconds on my hair (just enough to apply hair oil or leave-in conditioner); I spend 15 minutes with makeup on average  

Anything mauve/pink/nude  

Yes; I prefer putting on some BB cream though (I hate leaving the house without some SPF!)  

Drink a lot of water and stay healthy! It will show in your skin and hair!  

18. Do you have acne? If so, how do you treat it?  Yes; I use a good cleanser, exfoliator, and serum; I also use a face mask once a week

Urban Decay Sin  

No  

At most... no more than $50-60 (a lot of palettes would fall in this range); the least would be nothing (I love getting free makeup and samples!); Honestly, I prefer to splurge on skin care items!  

No  

No, but I think it would be fun!

I use everything everyday, so it's way to much to list. But there isn't anything I sometimes use, except for exfoliators. Anything else I use, I use every single day:)

I shower at least once, sometimes twice a day.

I use shampoo, conditioner, a hair mask, a volumizer, a heat protectant, a shine serum, a hair spray, and a couple of other misc. products depending on the hair style I'm doing that day.
MAC, Stila, Urban Decay, Benefit, NYX, Maybelline.
I wash my face in the shower (I keep my face wash in there), so depending on when/how many times I take a shower each day.

Either straight or curled. I keep it simple:)

Ugh. Anything but straight or curled. All of the cute ones I see in magazines:/

For the most part.

Lip Stick.
Awesome.
I used to go tanning, now I use a self-tanner when I'm not too lazy:)
ahahaha, I never do:)
I like a lot of makeup, but it doesn't always look like I'm wearing a lot:)
It takes about 30-40 min for my makeup and about 10 for my hair (on average)
anything with sparkles:)
only for a bit when I'm super desperate:)
I'd have to think about that one:)
A little, around that time of the month, I just use acne treatments:)
neutrals with a pop of color
Yessss:)
least: free, I guess + most: depends on what it is, I guess. It depends on the brand and the product.
Yes,
yes:)

1. What are your every day essentials? Lotion, foundation, hairspray, Eye Brow pencil and gel.

2. How often do you shower? I shower every day, but I only wash my hair every other day.

3. What kind of hair products do you use?I use L'oreal Evercreme shampoo, conditioner, leave in conditioner and occasionally the cleansing conditioner. My shower at my parent's house has organix Coconut Milk shampoo and conditioner, so that's what I use when I'm there. My dry shampoo is Suave, , volumizing spray is Suave, Volumizing powder and heat protectant are Got2B, hairspray is Aussie. 

4. What are your favorite makeup brands? My favorite brand is NYX. 

5. Do you wash your face before bed? In the AM? Before bed, yes. In the AM if I'm getting ready that early. I usually go to class in the morning barefaced and don't do my makeup until later.

6. What's your favorite way to do your hair? Straightened.

7. Are the any hair styles you wish you could do? I want more voluminous styles. My hair's so long and heavy that it weighs down.

8. Are your nails always manicured? Hardly.

9. Which makeup product could you not live without? Eyebrow pencil.

10. Flat irons, aka hair straighteners: Evil or awesome? Awesome.

11. Do you go tanning or use self-tanner? Neither, I take pride in my paleness.

12. How often do you poke yourself in the eye with your eyeliner? At least twice a week. It's worse with Mascara.

13. Do you like a lot of makeup on, or do you like a natural style better? I like a lot, but I tend to wear less when I'm teaching or being lazy. 

14. On average, how long does it take to get your hair and makeup done? Hair: 20 min if it's already dry, and hour if it's not. Makeup: 15 min to an hour depending on how detailed I'm being. 

15. Favorite nail polish color? I like a classic french nail.

16. Do you ever go out in public without makeup on? Yes, pretty often actually.

17. What's your best beauty tip? Highlighting and contouring. 

18. Do you have acne? If so, how do you treat it? Yes. I take a prescription antibiotic daily, wash with Purity Made Simple and Biore Ice Cleanser, and use Burt's Bee's natural acne solutions daily moisturizer. I have a severe hormonal disorder, and I'm on a number of hormone regulators that probably also help.

19. Favorite eye shadow color? Nudes, especially champagne colors. My favorite is from WnW's Walking On Eggshells trio.

20. Do you dye your hair?No.

21. What's the worst (most and least) you would pay for makeup? I love WnW, so that's sometimes less than a dollar. The most I would pay for anything is probably $35 for a single product, $60 for a palette. 

22. Have you ever gotten your makeup professionally done? No.

23. Have you ever had a facial? No. 

1. What are your every day essentials? Face scrub, moisturizer, lotion2. How often do you shower? 2x a day  everyday3. What kind of hair products do you use? Shampoo, conditioner, hair mask, deep conditioner, hair protectant, argan oil4. What are your favorite makeup brands? Benefit, Nyx, Urban Decay, theBalm, tarte5. Do you wash your face before bed? In the AM? Yes to both6. What's your favorite way to do your hair? Straightened with hair iron7. Are the any hair styles you wish you could do? Volumize hair like that of VS Angels8. Are your nails always manicured? Not much. I do mani by myself often but have to let them bare for a while because they got brittle.9. Which makeup product could you not live without? Blush, lipcolor, eyeshadow, mascara, concealer, eyelash curler10. Flat irons, aka hair straighteners: Evil or awesome? Awesome -- moderate use11. Do you go tanning or use self-tanner? No, I am already tanned naturally because of my asian skin12. How often do you poke yourself in the eye with your eyeliner? Probably 3/1013. Do you like a lot of makeup on, or do you like a natural style better? Natural14. On average, how long does it take to get your hair and makeup done? one hour - 1 1/2 hrs15. Favorite nail polish color?  REEEEEEED16. Do you ever go out in public without makeup on? There were just three times i went out without MU on. The rest, I need minimal MU.17. What's your best beauty tip? remove makeup before going to sleep18. Do you have acne? If so, how do you treat it?  Seldom. use acne spot corrector. I admit, I pop it but do it carefully.19. Favorite eye shadow color? Matte brown20. Do you dye your hair? Yes / dye and bleach21. What's the worst (most and least) you would pay for makeup? $50 is the most

22. Have you ever gotten your makeup professionally done? Yeah. I joined pageants before.23. Have you ever had a facial? Yup! Aweeesoooome!

1. What are your every day essentials? Black soap and SeaBreeze2. How often do you shower? Twice a day3. What kind of hair products do you use? Mostly conditioner: Tresemme Naturals, Suave, and Giovanni Leave In4. What are your favorite makeup brands? Iman, Revlon, Nars5. Do you wash your face before bed?  Not always.Use the oil cleansing method. In the AM? Yes6. What's your favorite way to do your hair? Afro or Twist out7. Are the any hair styles you wish you could do? No8. Are your nails always manicured? Self manicured9. Which makeup product could you not live without? Lipstick, Eyeliner and Mascara10. Flat irons, aka hair straighteners: Evil or awesome? Evil, I love my curlies!11. Do you go tanning or use self-tanner? I was born with a tan, haha!12. How often do you poke yourself in the eye with your eyeliner? Not often; hasn't happened in a while.13. Do you like a lot of makeup on, or do you like a natural style better? Natural14. On average, how long does it take to get your hair and makeup done? Hour, my hair takes no time. 15. Favorite nail polish color? Blue, Purple16. Do you ever go out in public without makeup on? All the time17. What's your best beauty tip? Smile

18. Do you have acne? Not really If so, how do you treat it? 19. Favorite eye shadow color? Purple 20. Do you dye your hair? No21. What's the worst (most and least) you would pay for makeup? For shadows, nothing over $20; Foundation, nothing over $40.22. Have you ever gotten your makeup professionally done? Does a makeup counter count?23. Have you ever had a facial? No but would love to.

1. What are your every day essentials? toner, moisturiser

2. How often do you shower? Everyday

3. What kind of hair products do you use? Cleansing Shampoo and styling products

4. What are your favorite makeup brands? Elizabeth Arden, NYX, MAC and Bourjours

5. Do you wash your face before bed? In the AM? pm yes, rarely in the morning, I need to start doing that though

6. What's your favorite way to do your hair? hair is short so not much variety

7. Are the any hair styles you wish you could do? Have decided to grow my hair again, to have the lovely long locks again ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

8. Are your nails always manicured? Mostly, I do my own nails

9. Which makeup product could you not live without? Mascara and eye liner

10. Flat irons, aka hair straighteners: Evil or awesome? Awesome, though not used daily

11. Do you go tanning or use self-tanner? Neither, South Africans are not as big fans of fake tans as in the USA

12. How often do you poke yourself in the eye with your eyeliner? Never, been wearing make up way to long for that to still happen

13. Do you like a lot of makeup on, or do you like a natural style better? I do a full face as I call it, foundation, eye shadow, eye liner, mascara, sometimes bronzer and lipstick.

14. On average, how long does it take to get your hair and makeup done? maybe a half hour for both..

15. Favorite nail polish color? dark purples bordering on black

16. Do you ever go out in public without makeup on? Yes, I have this idea that its good to let my skin breathe every now and then over a weekend.

17. What's your best beauty tip? Coverderm, gives the most perfect complexion.

18. Do you have acne? If so, how do you treat it? I get regular breakouts on the jawline, will be starting with a retacnyl cream this weekend to improve the overall appearance

19. Favorite eye shadow color? I go for the smokey eyed look most days, Bourjours Smokey eyes violet romantic, Elizabeth Arden - moonbeam, shadow and midnight or NYX one night in Morocco pallette.

20. Do you dye your hair? Yes, every second month

21. What's the worst (most and least) you would pay for makeup? Not being in the US if I gave the Rand value (ZAR) it wouldn't mean much to you ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> but here it is anyway least R26 for a cheapie eye shadow, most R460 for Coverderm foundation, but then you have to add the finishing powder R400, and start with their make up base R360. So it would be R1220 for the foundation group.

22. Have you ever gotten your makeup professionally done? once.

23. Have you ever had a facial? A few times, and really enjoy it 

1. What are your every day essentials? Cleanser, Serum, Moisturizer, Eyliner, EyeShadow, Mascara, Chapstick, Lip Gloss2. How often do you shower?Once a Day3. What kind of hair products do you use? Bumble and Bumble Salt Spray4. What are your favorite makeup brands? Laura Mercier, Nars, Physicians Formula5. Do you wash your face before bed? In the AM? At night before bed6. What's your favorite way to do your hair? Down, Natural and Wavy7. Are the any hair styles you wish you could do? Top knot and fishtail braid on a daily basis but it just takes too long8. Are your nails always manicured? Always painted by me not professionaly9. Which makeup product could you not live without? Eyeliner10. Flat irons, aka hair straighteners: Evil or awesome? Awesome11. Do you go tanning or use self-tanner? None12. How often do you poke yourself in the eye with your eyeliner? Not often13. Do you like a lot of makeup on, or do you like a natural style better? NATURAL14. On average, how long does it take to get your hair and makeup done? 15 minutes15. Favorite nail polish color? Depends on the season, Summer/Spring (blue, turq) Fall/Winter (Maroon, gray, glitter)16. Do you ever go out in public without makeup on? Yes17. What's your best beauty tip? Natural with a focus on the eyes is always better and a lip color can do wonders!18. Do you have acne? If so, how do you treat it? Not much, cleanser19. Favorite eye shadow color? Gold, rose-gold20. Do you dye your hair? Blonde21. What's the worst (most and least) you would pay for makeup? Usually 30 and below22. Have you ever gotten your makeup professionally done? Yes for a wedding23. Have you ever had a facial? No

Back