Fashion Faux Pas

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What are your fashion do's and don'ts? and what are your fashion Nevers?

Me?  I don't wear short tops with leggings. I don't usually wear socks even in winter.  I do like leather and fur coats.  I really hate seeing high boots on overweight people. High boots, especially high heeled high boots make overweight women look like meatballs on 2 sticks.  It is so very unattractive and yet I seem to see this everywhere for the last 3 years now. 

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Me?  I don't wear short tops with leggings.
This. Leggings may be comfy, but at least wear a top that covers your butt, especially when a lot of leggings can go see through in the light.

Other than that, I pretty much think that people need to learn how to dress in clothes and colours that suit them, and to not overdo a single colour or print in an outfit. It's just not aesthetically pleasing if you're squeezed into pants 2 sizes too small or dressed in the same colour/pattern from head to toe (unless it's black, but even then it's generally nice to at least have bright accessories or a bright bag to balance it out).

I love boots and heels although when it comes to my heels I prefer the heels to be a bit more chunky.

I adore the long wrap sweater with a tank and leggings and boots look with a wide belt.

I also love jeans and tshirts although I normally never wear that look. with jeans I will normally sport a black leather cincher or bustier with a flowy pheasant shirt.

I love skirts and like them above knee length only. I am not a neon or bright color kinda girl but I do love jewel tones, whites, creams and blacks.

I am my own person and dress the way I like whether it be a trend or not.
smile.gif

Back