americanclassic

Sephora Active Codes- Codes only thread - Codes, Coupons

Beauty Expiration Information From Real Simple:

• Anti-aging and acne treatments:Three months to a year. Antioxidants are easily oxidized, so be on the lookout for any changes in color.
  • Body lotion: Two to three years, particularly if it’s in a pump container.
  • Shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel: About three years.
  • Bath oil: One year.
  • Sunscreen: Check the package for an expiration date.
  • Mascara and liquid eyeliner: Three to four months. Make sure you’re diligent about replacing these items to prevent contamination and infections.
  • Eye and lip pencils: Three to five years. Sharpen them before each use as a way to preserve them and keep them clean.
  • Lipstick and lip gloss: Two to three years.
  • Foundation: About two years. Most bottles are designed to last that long. And if you don’t use it, chances are you didn’t love it to begin with.
  • Perfume: About two years. To get more mileage out of a perfume, resist the temptation to display a pretty bottle on your vanity. Instead, stash it away in a cool, dark place.
  • Nail polish: One year.
  • Hairstyling products: Three to five years. Most are alcohol-based, which helps preserve the formula.
  • Bar soap: Up to three years.
  • Shaving cream: About two years.
  • Deodorant: Up to two years.
  • Like 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppymomofthree View Post

• Anti-aging and acne treatments:Three months to a year. Antioxidants are easily oxidized, so be on the lookout for any changes in color.
  • Body lotion: Two to three years, particularly if it’s in a pump container.
  • Shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel: About three years.
  • Bath oil: One year.
  • Sunscreen: Check the package for an expiration date.
  • Mascara and liquid eyeliner: Three to four months. Make sure you’re diligent about replacing these items to prevent contamination and infections.
  • Eye and lip pencils: Three to five years. Sharpen them before each use as a way to preserve them and keep them clean.
  • Lipstick and lip gloss: Two to three years.
  • Foundation: About two years. Most bottles are designed to last that long. And if you don’t use it, chances are you didn’t love it to begin with.
  • Perfume: About two years. To get more mileage out of a perfume, resist the temptation to display a pretty bottle on your vanity. Instead, stash it away in a cool, dark place.
  • Nail polish: One year.
  • Hairstyling products: Three to five years. Most are alcohol-based, which helps preserve the formula.
  • Bar soap: Up to three years.
  • Shaving cream: About two years.
  • Deodorant: Up to two years.

Nail polish lol. There's no telling how old some of my bottles are- when they dry up, I toss them :roflmao:

• Like 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabethrose View Post

Nail polish lol. There's no telling how old some of my bottles are- when they dry up, I toss them :roflmao:

You can solve that with a bottle of polish thinner.  There are some ladies on the nail threads who love hauling out polishes so old they practically can be called "vintage"

• Anti-aging and acne treatments: Three months to a year. Antioxidants are easily oxidized, so be on the lookout for any changes in color.
  • Body lotion:  Two to three years, particularly if it’s in a pump container.
  • Shampoo, conditioner, and shower gel:  About three years.
  • Bath oil:  One year.
  • Sunscreen:  Check the package for an expiration date.
  • Mascara and liquid eyeliner:  Three to four months. Make sure you’re diligent about replacing these items to prevent contamination and infections.
  • Eye and lip pencils:  Three to five years. Sharpen them before each use as a way to preserve them and keep them clean.
  • Lipstick and lip gloss:  Two to three years.
  • Foundation:  About two years. Most bottles are designed to last that long. And if you don’t use it, chances are you didn’t love it to begin with.
  • Perfume:  About two years. To get more mileage out of a perfume, resist the temptation to display a pretty bottle on your vanity. Instead, stash it away in a cool, dark place.
  • Nail polish:  One year.
  • Hairstyling products:  Three to five years. Most are alcohol-based, which helps preserve the formula.
  • Bar soap:  Up to three years.
  • Shaving cream:  About two years.
  • Deodorant:  Up to two years.
Thanks for posting this. I have some nail polishes that are 10 years old. They are both revlon and have not dried up but the color is separated. I should toss it. I actually only wore it once for my prom, it's a chrome silver that I don't feel is flattering ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennm149 View Post

You can solve that with a bottle of polish thinner.  There are some ladies on the nail threads who love hauling out polishes so old they practically can be called "vintage"

I have a bottle of thinner but I'm really bad at using it- I'm really bad at using most polishes before they go bad though.  Seriously I should just learn to keep black and all the black variations on hand and get rid of the rest.  Maybe keep a few nudes.

I should find these vintage polish threads though- I had no idea that was a thing!

For exact expiration dates, you can try the following.  It might not have all the brands but they are constantly updating.  Just plug in the brand name and the batch number and it'll give you the exact intended expiration date by the manufacturer, of a sealed item.  It also explainsin detail the shelf-life of opened products.  Have fun!  I checked like all of my cosmetics like a dork when I first discovered this, LOL:

http://checkcosmetic.net/

• Like 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbyechick View Post

I wish I had the answer, I'd love to know too, lol. I've actually been living off trial size mascaras for the last year and it's great b'c they really don't last very long and I feel like I don't have to think about bacteria too much...plus I keep getting them. I just make sure not to open it till i'm ready to use it so I don't introduce air in before it needs to be.

Same for skincare/makeup, I don't even open it till I have to. I also avoid jar packaging and prefer airtight pumps and dark containers. Keep my makeup/skincare/fragrances generally in a cool place with no direct sunlight. I buy little to go through things so I've never had something long enough to worry.

I know in europe they have the awesome period after opening symbol which tells you how long you can use it until the company can't guarantee it's still ok. I would take that as a max though seeing as how labs test things in slightly more ideal circumstances. There's cosmetic check to see when your product was made, I've been surprised before to see how old some things already are even if i've just purchased it!

Ooh, thanks!

Beauty+Product+Labels++Their+Meanings.jpg

is this what you're referring to? US products usually have it too. (sorry, can't make the graphic smaller)

• Like 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormosaHoney View Post

For exact expiration dates, you can try the following.  It might not have all the brands but they are constantly updating.  Just plug in the brand name and the batch number and it'll give you the exact intended expiration date by the manufacturer, of a sealed item.  It also explainsin detail the shelf-life of opened products.  Have fun!  I checked like all of my cosmetics like a dork when I first discovered this, LOL:

http://checkcosmetic.net/

Whaaaat! You always have the best info @FormosaHoney!

Quote:

Originally Posted by saku View Post
Beauty+Product+Labels++Their+Meanings.jpg

is this what you're referring to? US products usually have it too. (sorry, can't make the graphic smaller)

yup that one! do you know if its required in the US? i love when my products have the symbol but i've noticed it's not on a lot of them, so I assumed it was only products they sold elsewhere too. sometimes it's on the box but on on the bottle and i sometimes remember to write it in marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppymomofthree View Post

When i browse sephora i've noticed foundations have the label for 12m when they have a label, shower stuff and oils in general also have 12m usually. I think the label is based on tests done in labs so it's confusing to guess-timate without them since i always assume longer than it is lol

Yes, that's the symbol. Sometimes it's so tiny on the package I can barely read it! And it seems to be on about 90% of the products I get. But a few just don't have it at all and I have to guess based on similar products. And others have just a date of expiration. (Like the serum I mentioned.) 

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbyechick View Post

yup that one! do you know if its required in the US? i love when my products have the symbol but i've noticed it's not on a lot of them, so I assumed it was only products they sold elsewhere too. sometimes it's on the box but on on the bottle and i sometimes remember to write it in marker

When i browse sephora i've noticed foundations have the label for 12m when they have a label, shower stuff and oils in general also have 12m usually. I think the label is based on tests done in labs so it's confusing to guess-timate without them since i always assume longer than it is lol

i did a quick google search, and it looks like the symbol is not required for product sold in US. it is however, required for all products sold in Europe, so most big US brands have the symbol.

For anyone that has been to the store for the event today, can I just show the coupon on my phone or do I actually have to print it?
To tag onto this.. Is it any sephora (eg jc penny ones too?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babs View Post

To tag onto this.. Is it any sephora (eg jc penny ones too?)

I got the Divergent set at a JCP sephora and was able to get the discount ok.  I don't think they actually knew anything about the 15% off, but they just scanned the bar code and it worked.

• Like 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotigirl View Post

The Sephora Favorites Superstars set is back in stock online!

Sold out!!! =(

My boyfriend and I woke up relatively early today and our gameplan was to get some mall errands done and shop the VIB sale. But, we missed the exit and ended up at the grand opening of an Ulta and Nordstrom Rack! Ulta was 20% off everything! Sorry VIB sale; but I'd rather have an extra 5% than a make up bag ;) Although, when I asked to be color matched the SA turned to another SA and asked her which was the foundation brush >.

• Like 1

Just got my Sephora order, I'm loving the Kat Von D blush in Heartagram! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotigirl View Post

It's showing up for me right now.

try to add it to the cart and it showed sold out =(

Quote:
Originally Posted by usofjessamerica View Post

My boyfriend and I woke up relatively early today and our gameplan was to get some mall errands done and shop the VIB sale. But, we missed the exit and ended up at the grand opening of an Ulta and Nordstrom Rack! Ulta was 20% off everything! Sorry VIB sale; but I'd rather have an extra 5% than a make up bag wink.gif

Although, when I asked to be color matched the SA turned to another SA and asked her which was the foundation brush >.<

Nice!

I wished I waited a day to place my Sephora orders. Of course I got my 20% off Ulta coupon after I placed my Sephora orders. Oh well :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsailor View Post

Is the Ulta 20% off everywhere? Online?

I got it in snail mail recently.

Nice! I wished I waited a day to place my Sephora orders. Of course I got my 20% off Ulta coupon after I placed my Sephora orders. Oh well :/
I did end up going to sephora right after that. I wanted to tell all the ladies in the store that there's a new Ulta down the road with 20% off everything... But I realized that would be super weird.
  • Like 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lioness90 View Post

I got it in snail mail recently.

So frustrating! I didn't get the last catalog either. I have to constantly re-request their mail.