Help Understanding Undereye "Chicken Skin" Texture

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to taking care of the under eye area or explanations for a "chicken skin" like texture (24 y/o female). I don't believe it's milia from what I've been reading.

Here's a picture with coverup (I have quite dark circles as well, I'll post a better one without makeup when able to). My skin is finally starting to clear up after years of acne and I'm trying to take good care of it but I've just been perplexed as to how to minimize the look of the bumpy texture under my eyes or what I may or may not be doing to enhance it.

Thanks so much for any help!

Have you always had them or is it a new problem? Maybe a product with retinol? That can help with acne, too.

My personal opinion is that your concealer is to blame. I have sensitive combination skin and have had this happen with some makup products and it's not just under my eye but I get little white bumps on my upper cheeks as well since the skin in more fragile there. Have you switched out any of your make up recently? new eye cream? 

Back