The Hobbit 2012 movie

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone went to see the hobbit? I really want to go see it but dont have the time. I loved the lord of the rings and watched all of them in the theater. If you did go see it was it good?

I saw it and loved it! It is long, but the storytelling was so good it didn't feel like it was.

I saw it and loved it! It is long, but the storytelling was so good it didn't feel like it was.
I haven't seen it yet. Just wondering if you noticed how the "visual look" of the film is compared to other films. Being that is was shot at 48fps (and not the usual standard 24fps).

I loved it! I've always been a Tolkien fan, and I thought Peter Jackson really did it justice. It is a pretty long movie, but it definitely doesn't feel like it. The story isn't nearly as epic as LOTR, doesn't have nearly the importance that LOTR's storyline does, but it does a good job of setting up the events with the one ring and it is a very good story all on its own. I can't wait for the next two films!

Originally Posted by vogueboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I haven't seen it yet. Just wondering if you noticed how the "visual look" of the film is compared to other films.

Being that is was shot at 48fps (and not the usual standard 24fps).
I never saw the Lord of the Rings trilogy in theater, so I am not sure how it compares. I thought the movie was visually stunning, but I am also easy to please and don't pay attention to things like fps. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Not saying you're picky, just that I may not be the best person to answer that lol. There was one spot in the movie where I felt the video seemed a little sketchy, and that was at the beginning when the camera is facing down and panning the inside of the Dwarf kingdom of Erebor. It felt a little hard on the eyes because the video wasn't as smooth as it could be, but other than that I loved it.

I have seen all of the LoTRs movies and read the books too (which are amazing btw). My inner nerd is just screaming to see this!

I had read all the LOTR and Hobbit books in high school. I also read that Tolkien had returned home from WWI(?) distraught by war and mankind, which inspired some of the writing and developing of the stories. Ya know, the ultimate battle between good and evil, heroes and villains..dunno how accurate that is, I'm scrambling from memory when I did a term paper years..and years ago lol!

Originally Posted by vogueboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I haven't seen it yet. Just wondering if you noticed how the "visual look" of the film is compared to other films.

Being that is was shot at 48fps (and not the usual standard 24fps).
It takes a bit to get used to it, but after you do it looks amazing!! I'd say the 1st half hour is kinda strange cuz you are not used to 48fps, but after a while it's fine.

Great movie, I loved it, it is different than LOTR, but I loved the funny parts, I can't wait for the next two :3

It takes a bit to get used to it, but after you do it looks amazing!! I'd say the 1st half hour is kinda strange cuz you are not used to 48fps, but after a while it's fine. Great movie, I loved it, it is different than LOTR, but I loved the funny parts, I can't wait for the next two :3
Ah, gotcha thx!

I loved the movie! Can't wait for the next one. I saw it in 3D which made my eyes go a little funny lol

It was kind of a strange mix of goofy slapstick kid humor, gore, and serious hero-quest stuff; some of the dwarves looked like The Three Stooges, and others just looked like regular people. I guess it's hard because Peter Jackson made the Lord of the Rings movies such serious, dramatic hero-quest films, but The Hobbit book was meant for a much younger audience.

Once I got used to the 48FPS and 3d glasses, I liked it 
biggrin.gif
. I kind of miss the heavy post-processing on the other films, but again you get used to it.

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Goblinses and orcses! Wasn't gollum super fun in this one? Then we eats it whole! XD
Yes! Gollum is the most likable "bad" character.

I love that he is like that in the book as well. : )

Back