please help! my hair is soooo dry!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi, my hair is very thin and was very healthy for my whole life. i havent done anything differently, but in the last 8 months about 3 inches of my hair is super dry and frizzy. i got a trim about a month ago and the hair dresser got rid of most of the dead dry hair. she told me to start sleeping with conditioner and a shower cap. my hair was fine for about 3 days and then the frizz came back. i slept with conditioner in my hair and it wokred awesome the first time, i did it again and i think my hair is now worse! someone pls tell me what to do! my hair grows super slow and i cant cut it off, its only shoulder length!

my hair is straight, very straihgt and very thin. was always soft and ive changed nothing. i use american crew shampoo and condition and ive recently tried mane and tail. the person that cut my hair cut off all the frizz and it came back 3 days later, so the 3 inches she cut off was pointless. she told me to leave the conditioner in over night so i did, the first time it worked amazing, second time it did nothing and third time i think my hair is worse. im starting to freak out about it cause i cant cut anymore of my hair off!

i do wash my hair everyday, and use a blow dryer, but whether or not i blow dry it, it comes out the same... and if i dont wash my hair everyday my hair is greesy cause its soo thin

I used to have the same problem, my hair was very frizzy and dry, and broke off easily. I also washed my hair everyday also, along with blowdrying it and straightening it. When I switched to washing every other day and stopped using heat products, my hair became much healthier. I understand that your hair gets greasy, but if you just try washing your hair every other day, you'll find that in a week or two your hair will "adjust" to your new routine and stop producing so much natural oil. I also suggest using a hair oil or a leave-in conditioner after washing to your ends, such as Moroccan oil. If you have to blow-dry try using a heat protector spray.

ok thanks you, the onyl thing that doesnt make sence to me is i have no split ends and no breakage... just dry and frizzy at the bottom. im also wondering if i should get a shower head water softener. im going to try the moroccan oil tomoro. i have tres semme leave in conditioner but it doesnt seem to help at all

Don't wash your hair everyday it makes them thin. And for your hair use herbal remedy like wash with egg it makes your hair silky.

Ugh, I totally understand you, I also have thin breaking hair and I like to wash and blow dry it every day. Now I'm trying to get rid of this habit and wash my hair every other day and stop blow drying! Hope it will make my hair better 
smile.gif

Hello Friends,

To maintain healthy hair is not a easy job. We have to care for it.

1. Avoid strong chemical shampoos.

2. Use only Herbal Shampoo.

3. Use Almond and coconut oil.

4. Apply Egg on your hair and keep it for 20 min.then wash your hair with herbal shampoo.

Thanks and Regards
icon_smile.gif

I'm not sure if this would apply to you, but when I went through hormone cycle changes (I took the birth control shot) and didn't get a balanced diet, my hair went totally brittle...

I take multivitamins and fish oil supplements while eating a balanced diet, eat lots of fruits and veggies, changed to a sulfate / ammonium chloride free shampoo (Kirkland brand), used a good daily conditioner (I just use Kirkland Conditioner), and also deep conditioned 2-3 times a week using L'Oreal Nature's Therapy and Aussie 3 Minute Miracle.  My hair got so much better after I made sure to get the necessary nutrition and minerals in my diet.

I think you should try using a deep conditioner or hair mask in place of your regular conditioner everytime you wash your hair. Just slather it on and leave it for ten to fifteen minutes before rinsing. Make sure to follow up with a leave in conditioner and then use a hair serum with silicone or an oil to seal in the moisture. Use it primarily on the dry length and ends of your hair. Then let it air dry. A blow dryer will sap all the moisture right out of your hair. Your best bet would be to wear your hair in buns and braids where your ends are tucked away to keep them from drying it. Getting a trim every 6-8 weeks will definitely help with the manageability of your hair. Don't use any heat or chemicals like dye on your hair until it is back healthy again.

Spray it with Moroccan oil daily, regardless as to whether or not you're washing. This seems to help my ends.

Joico K Pak has worked wonders on my hair! I've also heard amazing things about Sebastian Potion 9....

Originally Posted by kimberly8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

hi, my hair is very thin and was very healthy for my whole life. i havent done anything differently, but in the last 8 months about 3 inches of my hair is super dry and frizzy. i got a trim about a month ago and the hair dresser got rid of most of the dead dry hair. she told me to start sleeping with conditioner and a shower cap. my hair was fine for about 3 days and then the frizz came back. i slept with conditioner in my hair and it wokred awesome the first time, i did it again and i think my hair is now worse! someone pls tell me what to do! my hair grows super slow and i cant cut it off, its only shoulder length!
Hey kimberly8,

Try using natural oils they are the best fighters for frizz hair and Batiste Dry Shampoo Original , this will helps to boost your hair roots.

Check out this link they have provided best remedies for frizz hair http://www.allure.com/hair-ideas/2011/the-top-10-fixes-for-frizzy-hair#slide=1 . Hope this help you
rolleyes.gif

I had the same problem about 2 years ago, I washed and blew dry my hair everyday and had dry, brittle, frizzy hair. I got a hair cut and gave up heat all together for the most part, I also started washing my hair less (even though my hair gets oily really easy) I just throw it in a bun or braid and wear a thick head band to hide the oil. Taking biotin supplements and using morrocan argan oil is what I recommend the most, I swear by those products!!

Back