Lime Crime Cosmetics

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have read some reviews on the products themselves and most of them are amazing. The lipsticks look highly pigmented and just seem to apply beautifully. I also have read some reviews on the company and those are definitely not as stellar. People talk of their packages taking forever to arrive and that if there is an issue the customer service to resolve the probably is really lacking. Does anyone have any personal experience with this brand? I would love to purchase a few things from them but, I work hard for my money and I really don't want to waste it.

You're better off with something like Sugar Pill (if you're looking for bright colored shadows) and O.C.C if you want vibrant colored lipsticks. Lime Crime is a shady company - they buy their makeup wholesale from china and than repackage the product. The lipsticks are highly medicore and very drying on the lips - I frequent a makeup store in Canada called " Bella Donna" that carries lime crime proucts and I find them awful. I'd avoid them if I were you.

Originally Posted by aquaeyes77 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You're better off with something like Sugar Pill (if you're looking for bright colored shadows) and O.C.C if you want vibrant colored lipsticks. Lime Crime is a shady company - they buy their makeup wholesale from china and than repackage the product. The lipsticks are highly medicore and very drying on the lips - I frequent a makeup store in Canada called " Bella Donna" that carries lime crime proucts and I find them awful. I'd avoid them if I were you.
First the products are made in the USA not China. Second their current product line are not repackaged products. Their lipsticks are not drying on my lips - everyone will have different experiences with the lipsticks just as with other products. That said.... At this time their shadow line is very limited to four palettes so if someone is looking for a specific individual color then you're out of luck.

As for Sugarpill and OCC and I love their products as well BUT as fantastic as Sugarpill's products are she is somewhat limited in colors which is why I use hers in conjunction with Saucebox Cosmetics. Amy recommends Inglot to people as well as her own line. I suggest people they should check Saucebox Cosmetics (I ⤠Saucebox) out because it's so affordable. Personally I think Sugarpill, Lime Crime and Saucebox shadows all complement each other and I've used a couple of Lip Tars with my Lime Crime's lip gloss (I only own one). While others think of these companies as in competition with each other they're not really because each company is very different.

Don't judge Doe or her company on the rumors you read online, people lie about people they are envious of all the time.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

First the products are made in the USA not China. Second their current product line are not repackaged products. Their lipsticks are not drying on my lips - everyone will have different experiences with the lipsticks just as with other products. That said.... At this time their shadow line is very limited to four palettes so if someone is looking for a specific individual color then you're out of luck.

As for Sugarpill and OCC and I love their products as well BUT as fantastic as Sugarpill's products are she is somewhat limited in colors which is why I use hers in conjunction with Saucebox Cosmetics. Amy recommends Inglot to people as well as her own line. I suggest people they should check Saucebox Cosmetics (I ⤠Saucebox) out because it's so affordable. Personally I think Sugarpill, Lime Crime and Saucebox shadows all complement each other and I've used a couple of Lip Tars with my Lime Crime's lip gloss (I only own one). While others think of these companies as in competition with each other they're not really because each company is very different.

Don't judge Doe or her company on the rumors you read online, people lie about people they are envious of all the time.

Glad you had a good experience with LimeCrime.

I love their colors and the packaging is sooooo fun and happy!

Come on, a glitter unicorn!!!! How great is that?!

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well they USED to repackage their proucts a few years ago with TKB trading pigments. I bought from them in late 2009 after seeing some of their pigments used in a youtube video by "QueenofblendingMUA" and was intrigued by the products which lead me to online order - and boy! did they suck. Fall out everywhere an very mediocre in color pay off (better when used wet - but still not MAC quality) and very overpriced (at the time) for the small amount you got.

That's your experience however it's not accurate of their current products. Whether or not they repackaged in the past is a moot point because their current products are their own and are really good.

I love Lime Crime. Never had a bad experience with them and I've ordered from them a few times. Their lipsticks are beautiful and they don't dry out my lips at all. I like that most of them have lip stain so they last longer. It only takes about 2 weeks for my items to arrive. I also love that they are cruelty-free and I think it's awesome that all of the lipsticks were reformulated to be vegan a few years ago.

I ordered a few products directly from their website and it's been 5 weeks since they allegedly shipped the items... it took me 3 weeks to get a response from their "customer service" and I finally got a response, after following up a few times.  They use FedEx for their delivery service and according to the information they gave me, I still don't know where my order is.  

I also was able to find local suppliers of their products and ordered some things from them and it took less than a week to get my stuff locally.  I would suggest that you find a local supplier and if possible go in and try the products before you buy.  Like with all beauty products it depends on each individual person on whether or not a product is suitable.  I can't say anything bad about their actual products its just their service sux severely...

Limecrime 
plthumbsdown.gif
  ....and that's all I have to say about that. ::Forrest Gump Voice::

Limecrime :plthumbsdown:   ....and that's all I have to say about that. ::Forrest Gump Voice::
Lol! But I agree. I don't like the business or there practices, and don't want to give my money (and a good bit of it, it's not cheap!) and support their behaviour, especially when there are so many companies with the same aesthetic or products, but with a much cleaner track record. I don't know, I have no problem with people who use lime crime products, but I find them overly expensive for what your getting, I've tried some of their products and just didn't see or feel much quality.

I have the lipstick in Chinchilla and I love it. I bought it from Karmaloop so there was no issue with shipping (actually they shipped very quickly, I was quite pleased).

I didn't find the lipstick formula to be drying at all. As a user of many drugstore brand lipsticks, I have to say that I was quite impressed with the formula and could finally understand why some lipsticks cost more. It didn't do that odd fading around the center of the mouth thing which a lot of my cheaper creamy lipsticks do. I didn't even know it was possible to fade evenly! Even my OCC Lip Tars leave a weird ring.

As a follow up to my original posting, I took the plunge and purchased 4 lipsticks in my first order and the delivery was quick and the products themselves are really lovely. I immediately made a second order and that experience was the experience I was afraid of. It took 7 weeks to get my order. When I contacted customer service I got no response and finally when I did get a response the indifferent vibe I received was really a let down that they were not at all concerned it took me 7 weeks to receive 6 lipsticks. I did finally get them and again, they are gorgeous and the products are truly original but the only way you are going to grow your business is if you give your customer some kind of respect and I didn't really feel that. I will not be repurchasing. I work hard for my money and would rather give it to another small company as a show of my support.

By any chance did you order, in that second order, Red Velvet Velvetine? If so a good many people experienced either a delay in the order or their order shipped without it. I do agree that it was bad customer service for them not to reply to you in a timely manner. Normally they are very good about it but it seems that the release of the new Velvetines coupled with the old ones created a situation where CS could not keep up with responding to people.

By any chance did you order, in that second order, Red Velvet Velvetine? If so a good many people experienced either a delay in the order or their order shipped without it. I do agree that it was bad customer service for them not to reply to you in a timely manner. Normally they are very good about it but it seems that the release of the new Velvetines coupled with the old ones created a situation where CS could not keep up with responding to people.
Zadi, yes! So that was what happened. At least now the mystery is solved so I thank you for that.

You're welcome. Luckily I saw on their wall they had a good deal of complaints from people regarding the Velvetines - specifically Red Velvet - not having been included in their order or the orders delayed. As soon as I read your 2nd order was delayed I had a feeling if you ordered Red Velvet then that's why it's taking so long. Still, regardless of anything Limecrime should have made an announcement and CS should have replied to you within 24 hours with a "we'll get back to you ASAP" automated message so you know you're not being ignored. They oversold which is both good and bad - good in that people love it, bad in that they shouldn't have oversold.

I have never had to contact their customer service so I can't speak on that, but I do have a bunch of their lipsticks, eyeliners and velvetines and I really like all of them (just make sure your lips are hydrated before wearing the lip products.) Their shipping does take a while, but honestly I think that's because I'm so used to Sephora Rouge shipping and Amazon Prime shipping haha, soooo it's probably a normal shipping time in reality.

I was actually hesitant to order from Lime Crime because of negative reviews and the alleged controvery surrounding Doe and the brand. However, I love what I own from the brand and am surprised about the way others feel about the quality. I own a velvetine in the color Suedeberry and a lipstick in Centrifushia (which is actually what I'm wearing in my avatar picture.) Both of these products are easily two of my favorite and more used lip products, of which I have many. Others have said the lipsticks are drying and lack pigmentation and I totally feel the complete opposite, and they even have a nice scent. The velvetine has the most beautiful finish and is so longlasting - even through eating and drinking.

I'm unsure how customer service is because I ordered mine from a different site, and after seeing that others have had problems with shipping I will probably continue to do so if they have what I want in stock. Two sites I'm aware sell Lime Crime products are Urban Outfitters and Modcloth.

Back