Blackheads! Help me please!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey girls, I have a huge blackhead problem, I have at least 500 on my nose and chin, If anyone had any idea about how I can get rid of them please let me know....

I was just coming on here to look and see if there were any posts about blackheads and whiteheads. My daughter is having some trouble with these, I was wondering if anyone knows of any masks that are good for treating them, especially the kinds of masks you buy where you put them on, they dry a little and you can then peel them off. Anyone have any that help with blackheads and/or whiteheads?

So far looking online, I saw some Olay product called Olay Blackhead Clearing Scrub, so I might get that for her to try. She already uses a cleanser, I think it's Clean and Clear, I forget, I'll have to go look. But it doesn't seem to be enough.

Also wondering, are whiteheads the same as pimples? What my daughter seems to be having are these areas of very, very tiny white bumps. I am wondering if those are whiteheads. Thens he seems to have what looks like a blackhead on the side of her nose. She is 13, so I am guessing the hormones are acting up, so looking for some good treatments for her.

Anyone have any suggestions with cleansing products, masks, etc???

If I find anything, I'll come back and post and share it with you, Jonilynn.

Ooooh! Also the silver powder from mario badescu is especially made for extracting blackheads and is life changing!!

Originally Posted by heartsandwhimsy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
African black soap has really helped with my blackheads as well as mud masks.
Seconding the African black soap. My problem area is my nose and I would have to regularly use pore strips but I haven't needed to use a single one ever since I started washing my face with the soap once a day. It's been 2 months and the huge pore on the tip of my nose that always bugged me has even vanished.

I was searching on how to get rid of blackheads fast and easy and I read that if you tape a thin slice of a raw potato on either side of your nose and leave it till its dry it will draw the blackheads out... I don't have any potatoes right now but I'm going to get some tomorrow and ill post how it works....::Crosses fingers;:

Originally Posted by JoniLynn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was searching on how to get rid of blackheads fast and easy and I read that if you tape a thin slice of a raw potato on either side of your nose and leave it till its dry it will draw the blackheads out...

I don't have any potatoes right now but I'm going to get some tomorrow and ill post how it works....::Crosses fingers;:
Huh interesting, I'd like to try this out. Report back with findings? XD

The very important step one is to make the blackhead to rise/float itself to the surface of your skin, then it becomes easier to remove by blackheads massage cream.

You can use Herbal Invisible Pores Detox Mask Powder, then you will find plenty of blackheads to float up to the surface, then apply blackheads massage cream to get rid of them.

Use a toner or lotion with beta hydroxy acid (BHA, salicylic acid).  It's a chemical exfoliant which helps to unclog pores and keep then clear.

2 tablespoons virgin coconut oil

1 inch of a ripe banana, mashed

3 drops of frankincense essential oil
Whip all ingredients together with a fork or spoon and apply to a clean face. The banana adds some antioxidant action while the frankincense is good for cellular regeneration. Rinse off after 20 minutes, pat dry, and moisturize.

Biore strips are very effective. They go on your nose, and dry- then you rip the strip off, which will remove blk heads.

Originally Posted by Hellocat4 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Biore strips are very effective. They go on your nose, and dry- then you rip the strip off, which will remove blk heads.
Yes, they are effective - just be sure to not over use them!

I have tried pore strips. They may help a very little bit, but not much. I also tried the oil cleansing method which helped with other things, but no luck there either. I also tried the baking soda and tons of other scrubs. I have tried the peeling masks as well. I do wash my face at least one a day and I have not really noticed much of a change in the black heads (or what I think are black heads) on my nose, sides of nose, and chin.

I keep looking for new things to try, but nothing I have looked into has been effective for most of the people who have tried it and the only thing that I think might work is a facial and having the blackheads extracted by a professional. Unfortunately I cannot afford that at the moment, myself.

Has anyone tried Paula's Choice products? I get clogged pores on my chin, mainly the right side for some reason, that end up hardening and becoming raised bumps. Its quite annoying! I use a drugstore 2%salicylic acid on the area which helps to treat the area but I have yet to find anything to prevent them. *pouts*

Hello dear,

I can understand your problem. My friend also faces such problem. She applies home remedies to solve it. You should also try it.

• [SIZE=12pt]Use lemon juice on the blackheads 2 times a day. [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=12pt]Honey can be beneficial to clear blackheads.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=12pt]Mix well honey with crushed almonds and apply on face.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=12pt]A paste of coriander leaves and turmeric powder helps to remove blackheads.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=12pt]Daily apply a fresh mashed tomato on the affected areas. It can remove the blackheads on nose and face.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=12pt]Mix 2 tbsps. Lemon juice with 8 tbsps. Honey and apply this mixture over the skin for 15 minute.  [/SIZE]

Originally Posted by norther /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Seconding the African black soap. My problem area is my nose and I would have to regularly use pore strips but I haven't needed to use a single one ever since I started washing my face with the soap once a day. It's been 2 months and the huge pore on the tip of my nose that always bugged me has even vanished.
Is there a certain brand of African black soap that you like?

Originally Posted by mdnite /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is there a certain brand of African black soap that you like?
I bought mine from Whole Foods, I can't remember the brand but it was about $4. My friend bought a separate brand from Walgreens after hearing me talk about the soap and she loves it as well.

Back