Rimmel UK vs. Rimmel North America?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’ve tried a handful of Rimmel products here in Canada and I’ve always been disappointed. I find their products are either too thin or don’t have lasting power or are just… bad.

I've bought eyeliners, lipsticks, mascaras, finishing powders and lip gloss and nothing has ever impressed me.

And yet I see UK bloggers raving about a lot of the stuff they’ve bought from Rimmel. Is it possible that the UK offers different formulas from North America?

Has anyone else found this?

Most likely there is a difference in the formula. I know that - as an example, the Match Perfection Foundation comes in 16 shades in the US but the UK version only has 11. The colors are also different - I noticed that the UK foundations tend to lean more on the yellow side while the US version more on the red side. Unfortunately I can't find any information on the ingredients of the UK version.

I have found that the UK line just has so much more than the NA line. I really, really wanted the Wake Me Up foundation and concealer and it's never come to NA. Fortunately, I have a friend from the UK that I am planning a makeup swap with and she purchased the products for me so I can try them out. I cannot wait!

I can also say that I have tried their lipsticks and mascaras and I am just generally unimpressed.

You'll probably see the Wake Me up foundations and concealers sometime soon.  My store (Shoppers Drug Mart) just got the re-lines for Rimmel and we've got the Wake Me Up line, foundations, concealer, and there's a bunch of new eye liners as well.

Does anyone know where the wake me up foundation can be ordered online to ship to the US.

Anybody in the UK? Wanna do a make up swap? I'm so bummed I was in London in Nov and didn't think of getting UK makeup LOL I dunno where my head was at haha any other British brands worth looking into.

Ulta has rimmel bogo 50% off I love rimmel! Now I'm curious about these apocalips, anyone tried them? What others are classic go to rimmel products for you guys? I've heard about the stay matte powder

I am from the UK and have Apocalips in nude eclipse, I love the colour as I am so into my nude lips :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> at first I thought it was very Matte when first put on and was hard to apply but after awhile it kind of changed :/ may just be me lol but I love it now, goes on so creamy and does last, I would recommend these, I need to try some other shades but i am not very adventurous with my lip products :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I don't know about formulas, but I know Rimmel offers a wider variety of just about everything in the UK. I recently spent some time there and they had foundations, concealers and lip glosses that you just can't get in the US.

As a side note, Maybelline's Fit Me liquid foundation has a pump in the UK but not in the US.
icon_frown.gif

To be honest, I found the quality of many, if not most products, is better in the UK than the US. Makeup is just the tip of the iceberg.

I know what you mean.. I have a few things from Rimmel but nothing that is a must have. I had higher expectations for the apocolips, I thought they were stains that were glossy.. but they are just pigmented glosses. I was expecting actual stains like the loreal ones. I have a whole bunch of their eye-shadow pencils, and they are okay... nothing amazing. I have the eyeshadow primer and again it's decent I will use it up but never buy it again.

The Rimmel line isn't huge at my drugstore either.

Quote: Originally Posted by SistaPlease /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  ive been wanting to try their nude color eyeliner... but ive never seen that in the US. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Ohh yes, this is a great product. Thanks for reminding me. This is actually something I like a lot!  I'm in the US and found it at Walmart.

One of my favourite foundations is the Lasting Finish 25 Hr foundation! But I do get a little frustrated when I see some great looking Rimmel products that are only available in the UK!

Feelunique.com is a British online retailer that has quite good prices and ships free worldwide, and they do carry quite a good selection of the UK version of Rimmel products. Would definitely be worth checking out!

Back