Scar cream ?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have tried a lot of products for my scar, and nothing helped. A good friend from Sweden sent me something new to try but I am skeptic. She told me that she has seen the creams efficiency live at the hospital where she works. Do any of you know anything about this cream? www.livita.se/products/contrakel

Sorry, haven't heard of it.  Curious about it if you learn more, though!

Just wanted to add that I've tried scar creams and haven't had any luck with them.  Wrinkle creams on the other hand have really faded my scars.  Not sure if you've tried them or if they'd work on you but just a thought.

For all scar creams, you have to apply them religiously to work. Three to five times a day every day for three to six months. They're all pretty much the same IMO. I suggest compare the ingredients of the swedish cream to those of the big names mederma, bio oil, and kelocote. 

In my country, we had deer fat in a jar as a scar "eraser" and to me, it works just as well as mederma and coco butter. My mom rubs vitamin e on her age spots to make them lighter.

i think any sort of petroleum or oil based product softens and lightens the appearances of scars.

Thx for the advice. I've tried 4 different scar creams,(all off them with good reviwes) but nothing happened 
frown.gif
 I will give this Contrakel cream a try then....let U know how it goes!!!!!

I don't know anything about the cream you're talking about but I do love my bio oil. It is oil as you can guess, but it helps you get rid of scars and other stuff and guess what - it works!

I never heard before.

But I agree with Carmela De Jesus that you have to apply them religiously to work almost 2-3  months. In this period if you  found some improvement then you have continuously with it. But  If not then you should have to change the product.

Rejuvenating Cream from Arbonne worked on my fresh scars and seemeed to help some of my marks on my face. Arbonne is known for its natural vegan friendly products. "Pure. Safe. Beneficial" is their motto and you can look at their ingredient list that's approved by the FDA and FCC as a whole.. Swiss products.

Edit: A lady I just asked said something about FC5 Skin Conditioning Oil but I personally have NOT tried that.

It takes time for scar to heal using cream etc. If you are not scared of needles, I would recommend you to try out derma rolling. If you are, you can try exfoliating/peeling mask or cream. Nonetheless, it also depends on what type of acne scars you have, is it red/black scars or is it pitted, ice pricked scars? Red and black scars would be easier to recover, creams do work but need time. Whereas for pitted scars, I believe IPL or laser treatment, needling and peeling would be a better option as compared to using cream.

Originally Posted by Euggz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It takes time for scar to heal using cream etc. If you are not scared of needles, I would recommend you to try out derma rolling. If you are, you can try exfoliating/peeling mask or cream. Nonetheless, it also depends on what type of acne scars you have, is it red/black scars or is it pitted, ice pricked scars? Red and black scars would be easier to recover, creams do work but need time. Whereas for pitted scars, I believe IPL or laser treatment, needling and peeling would be a better option as compared to using cream.
Agree with Euggz.  If you have the patience, you can try Perfect Image acid peel as deeper scar may take multiple treatments.  You can even choose from the milder Lactic acid and go stronger as you go along.

It can dry your skin and at some point temporarily darken it.  Then you might want to use maintenance cream.  I myself use Positively Flawless stem cell serum which fights the darkening effect and sustain to nourish underlying new skin which also become a little too sensitive as the outer layer is stripped off.  Laser and derma abrasion may work too but too pricey specially if you'll need multiple visit to a dermatologist as these are professional treatments.

Back