Lighting

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So since I have been studying with QC academy and love it to pieces! And highly recommended because it's that awesome! Also they paired me with a professional make up artist - who is incredible! But anyways, so I know what is really good for the clients, and what not. Is to have lighting, and portable lamps and such. And I have been quite overwhelmed price checking them out. So I was wondering, what you hand, and recommend.

Thanks. I have seen that link several times. But I was wanting to hear what has been beneficial for MUA. And what artists recommend. 

Definitely the portability, (who wants to shlep around another heavy big piece of gear) and the quick set up and take down times. As the LEDs are cool, you can pack them immediately. Another benefit of the Glamcor is that they are daylight corrected lights. Other lighting systems on the market are your typical light surrounded mirrors which are attached to an adjustable table. These are very big and heavy to lug around.

Thanks so much! Yea it's a little daunting for me to see the price.

But after all this is my dream, and goal to be sucessful with MUA.

So I guess go big or go home. I will be purchasing it here soon.

I was calling my local hardware store the other day and my thing was

"portable" and that had a case. And not a bloody thing had a case.

So this is the go to - I plan on purchasing it here soon! Thanks! 

I have a rolling vanity/makeup case i bought from IMATS NY 2013 show price for this was 250$ reg price 400$. Lighted mirror, space for makeup, and even an outlet by the mirror that can power a blow dryer, curling/flat iron. However i do use another small bag for extra things that do not fit if i need them
ugy2agen.jpg
5uje8y9e.jpg

That's a good price. The beauty of it is, is the telescoping legs and the power outlets. How do you find it lugging it around fully loaded? Do you have to remove the bulbs to close it? Or is this the model that has those side troughs for them?

fully loaded not bad at all, the wheels are obviously a plus, and the bulbs do not have to be removed.

Back