Break out after waxing

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I get my eyebrows and upper lip waxed on a pretty regular basis. After getting those areas wax, I almost always have breakouts in those spots.  Anyone have any suggestions for how to prevent this or how to get rid of the break outs sooner?  I just got my eyebrows and upper lip waxed this past weekend and I broke out quite badly so my skin looks awful right now! 

Try using a glycolic acid/AHA moisturizer. Ive found this works the best after waxing, shaving, or any type of hair removal.

Have you tried threading instead of waxing?  This hair removal method is used widely in the Middle East.  It is more painful but does not leave any redness or spots thereafter.  Your skin might be too sensitive for waxing.  Ask your salon if they are using wax for soft facial hair?  They should use a different wax for face compared to legs.    

Ya know, I get a terrible rash/breakout when I get my eyebrows waxed. Its so frustrating and I get to the point where I just don't want to have my eyebrows done and I do think they look nice and complete when there done. If you haven't tried threading you could but I think it hurts more (lots of pulling out hairs and not just one pull) and honestly I hate to say it but I get a rash/breakout from that too.

One thing you could do is use some type of hair removal cream on your upper lip area and then for your brows have them done and then maintain them the best you can afterwards so you are doing it less. Try some Bioderma cleansing water for immediately after they wax, make sure they are not re-dipping the sticks in the hot wax and also don't let them put baby oil on afterwards. That makes my face a mess when they do that. 

Apply moisturex soon after your waxing.It may help you.Normally I get my eyebrows and upper lip by threading.Try this also once.

Thanks for all of the suggestions!  I'll have to try some.  Honestly,  I don't know if I want to try threading.  I heard from one of my good friends that it's more painful than waxing.

I have this problem, too! One thing that helps me when I get my eyebrows waxed is to put a cold compress on the area for about 15-30 minutes when I get home from the salon. Also, over-the-counter hydrocortisone's have also helped me quite a bit. I usually apply that to the breakout area once in the morning and then once at night. 

Hope this helps! Good luck!

Originally Posted by beautypro2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have this problem, too! One thing that helps me when I get my eyebrows waxed is to put a cold compress on the area for about 15-30 minutes when I get home from the salon. Also, over-the-counter hydrocortisone's have also helped me quite a bit. I usually apply that to the breakout area once in the morning and then once at night. 

Hope this helps! Good luck!
Ooo, I'll have to try that!  Thanks for the tips!

I don't break out when I use cold wax. It seems that the sticky wax with honey makes my whole face red and break out in little bumps. I prefer cheap cold wax from the drugstore, as bad as that sounds, I haven't had problems at all.

Back