TSA allows Knives back onto aircrafts

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As a flight attendant I have posted my thoughts on this in a video in my siggy! I am very outraged by this entire issue' Who is the person that rolled out of bed and said let's let people have knives again but take the bottle of water Before the morning of September 11, 2001, the threat of using commercial aircraft as a weapon was unknown. At great cost, we know better today. The TSA was created because blades on airplanes were used to cause this deadly attack on U.S. soil. There’s no excuse for reversal on the policy to ban knives from the aircraft cabin. Multi-layered security, including prohibition of items that could pose a threat, ensures U.S. aviation is the safest in the world. The ban on dangerous objects is an integral layer in aviation security. Flight Attendants serve as the last line of defense in aviation security - responsible for ensuring the safety, health and security of the passengers in our care. Join us in keeping our aircraft cabin safe. TELL THE TSA TO KEEP KNIVES OUT OF THE CABIN..

I think the TSA should be disbanded anyways. I can't possibly fathom who would find this acceptable, but would still demand you and I to submit to their patdowns and strip searches. .wtf is the point then? What was the asinine quote I kept reading regarding this. ..oh yes! " Sharp objects can no longer bring down aircraft" is what a former TSA chief told to CNN... well, duh. The person wielding the sharp object can, though. Next, no more luggage because after all you can hurl it at someone and give them a concussion. SMH..idiots.

I heard on the news it says transportation leaders say this will allow them to "Focus their efforts on finding higher threat items" . I guess baseball bats golf clubs and knives are considered low threat items to them - wait they aren't the ones going to be knocked out with it in the air. This makes me sick! Ok sorry I get a little heated ha

A knife can kill but they're still banning more than 3 oz of liquids? Pft.

Well will ballistic proof flight deck doors and Air Marshall's on board, pocket knives can't bring down a plane. Maybe too many passengers were complaining that the plastic knives weren't cutting it with the on board meal service... Even if an FA is taken hostage, there are 5 more FA's on board who can communicate with the Flight Deck and the communication chain will continue from there. Also most FA's are trained in close quarters self-defense, and conflict resolution. And there is always one or two civi passengers who want to be a hero and try and take down the attacker. And when one person acts, "mob mentality" will engage and the attacker will be overwhelmed by passengers. I say talk to your local FA union, they have more clout on this issue then Joe Public. No water bottles??? That baffles me too...

So what do you say for the flight attendant on single jets with 50 passengers? After all it is the commuter jets really taking over dc as well as NYC and east coast airports What other flight attendants to save them? Sure not gonna be the two passengers fighting with each other ! Things just aren't the same ! If you call training off of a video trained in closed quarters for self defense then I guess we see differently! I am very active with the union and. I am sharing with the joe public because awareness is important!

A knife can kill but they're still banning more than 3 oz of liquids? Pft.
Perhaps they're afraid someone might drown... Or start a water fight... [insert eye roll emoticon here...]

This whole thing just pisses me off. HELLO - box cutters ring a bell?

So what do you say for the flight attendant on single jets with 50 passengers? After all it is the commuter jets really taking over dc as well as NYC and east coast airports What other flight attendants to save them? Sure not gonna be the two passengers fighting with each other ! Things just aren't the same ! If you call training off of a video trained in closed quarters for self defense then I guess we see differently! I am very active with the union and. I am sharing with the joe public because awareness is important!
There is no political motivation on taking over a regional air carrier. Those flights are mostly filled with business pax anyway... Oh wait... After 9/11, very highly unlikely. Even with pocket knives. The whole aspect of this is, is quite absurd really, what the TSA considers a threat... Patting down 8 year old white girls, and people in wheel chairs but allowing pocket knives, keys, and pens that can kill or maim someone... I can see a pax off their meds going off. Again, one person will intervene... Well, now that I think of it, they will probably twitter it as it happens...

Your twitter statement is almost as funny as your theory! Thanks for your feedback!

Your twitter statement is almost as funny as your theory! Thanks for your feedback!
Yeah, I won't go into a huge triad about this. I work on a tv series about air plane crashes, and we have NTSB Investigators and actual pilots who have dealt with all these types of issues and more. So I tend to be... Facetious about all this fear mongering business brought on by the media. And it is big business...

The pilots who have dealt with the issues? Is hysterical maybe you should see if you can talk to the flight attendants being attacked by passengers in the last year including myself? Do they have those on your tv series to? Maybe I should come hang out I suppose I could learn something from those pilots:) I guess my pilots haven't filled me in:) ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So wait, lol the TSA had to concentrate to keep people from bringing baseball bats and golf clubs on board? lmao what kind of reasoning is this. I don't want knives on a plane that I'm on anymore than I want a bomb on it.

The pilots who have dealt with the issues? Is hysterical maybe you should see if you can talk to the flight attendants being attacked by passengers in the last year including myself? Do they have those on your tv series to? Maybe I should come hang out I suppose I could learn something from those pilots:) I guess my pilots haven't filled me in:) ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
FA's are the front line, customer service if you will. It's their responsibility to prevent access to the Flight Deck by any unauthorized pax, that's part of their job and the occupational hazard that unfortunately goes with it. It's not pleasant but that's the reality of it. FA's don't fly the plane, nor do they communicate with the Ground (Tower). The Captain is responsible for all souls on board the aircraft. So, he or she makes the decision and takes action if an on board emergency is occurring. And part of that action is to communicate with the lead FA or Steward for an appraisal, and to the Ground for an assessment of the situation which will include other agencies to help resolve it.

So wait, lol the TSA had to concentrate to keep people from bringing baseball bats and golf clubs on board? lmao what kind of reasoning is this. I don't want knives on a plane that I'm on anymore than I want a bomb on it.
Don't forget bottled water... Because apparently, that's a weapon too... ðŸ˜

Originally Posted by vogueboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't forget bottled water... Because apparently, that's a weapon too... ðŸ˜

Just not water but yogurt too as well as breast milk. I'm still in shock that a TSA agent got all huffy with one mom - a couple years back - and held her in one of those glass booths as punishment because the TSA agent didn't want to let the mom take the breast milk or wanted to do some extra screening of it despite TSA's own rule that allows breast milk in bottles. That mom had a copy of the TSA's policy printed and showed it the TSA agent who then decided to punish her.

Wow, just wow... Now there's an agency that needs sensitivity training. Or is it common sense training? ðŸ˜

I was really surprised - I flew yesterday out of Honolulu to Chicago and wasn't required to remove my shoes or take my laptop out of my bag. 

Wow. I've only ever flown once and it was back in '05, so the TSA wasn't all pissy like they are now. But I can't understand why they'd reverse this decision but not the bottled water, hah.

I back your reasoning, DiorAdora.

Back