O.P.I. Liquid Sand Collection

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just discovered O.P.I. Mariah Carey Liquid Sand Collection. What are your thoughts on the finish and texture?

I love it! I think it's super unique and pretty! And if you want to just make them sparkly, just put a top coat over and they look like regular glitter polish, so they have dual use :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I love them! I actually bought all of the colors, including the gold one that is in the OPI Wizard of Oz collection. They are so pretty and I love the finish and texture, I think it makes them unique and fun!

Originally Posted by smiletorismile /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love them! I actually bought all of the colors, including the gold one that is in the OPI Wizard of Oz collection. They are so pretty and I love the finish and texture, I think it makes them unique and fun!
I didn't know they had another one!! I looked it up though, and I really dislike the color, so now I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything. It's too greenish for me, and not gold enough. The only one out of the regular line of liquid sand I don't have is the blue, but I will be getting it for sure. 

Originally Posted by KeepOnSingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I didn't know they had another one!! I looked it up though, and I really dislike the color, so now I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything. It's too greenish for me, and not gold enough. The only one out of the regular line of liquid sand I don't have is the blue, but I will be getting it for sure. 
Yeah the gold is definatly my least favorite, because it doesn't have the big chunks of glitter like the other ones do.

Originally Posted by smiletorismile /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah the gold is definatly my least favorite, because it doesn't have the big chunks of glitter like the other ones do.
I just don't like the color. It isn't anything I would ever wear.

Even though I just did my nails the other night, I now kind of want to use one of my sands now...lol.

I just did a review on the liquid sand polish from the new Oz collection! I love it. I was a bit worried at first because I've never tried anything like it, but it completely won me over :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Edited to remove blog links.

I. Love. Them. I think they look really cool. My favorite is Stay The Night, reminds me of molten lava.

They look really pretty, but I worry the texture would irritate me. Like, the feeling of my nails grazing across anything would be like the nails-on-a-chalkboard kinda thing, ya know?

Originally Posted by Airi Magdalene /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They look really pretty, but I worry the texture would irritate me. Like, the feeling of my nails grazing across anything would be like the nails-on-a-chalkboard kinda thing, ya know?
It's not nearly as rough as you would think.

The texture is a fine grit, but not too irritable. I like it and find myself rubbing the pads of my fingers over my nails; something different and cool. Lol, they look gorgeous.

So far I have only tried the ones in the Mariah Carey collection and I love them all. Looking to add the one from the wizard of Oz soon.

They're incredibly amazing.  You can take a 30 minute soak in the bath, no joke, and come out with your nails still looking perfect. They're scratch proof, chip resistant, and all with no top coat. ah-may-zing.  so freaking in love with the colors, and the surprise at how the colors look when they're on, too.  They have a lot more color depth than expected. absolutely love them.

Originally Posted by Annelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They're incredibly amazing.  You can take a 30 minute soak in the bath, no joke, and come out with your nails still looking perfect. They're scratch proof, chip resistant, and all with no top coat. ah-may-zing.  so freaking in love with the colors, and the surprise at how the colors look when they're on, too.  They have a lot more color depth than expected. absolutely love them.
Seriously.

I've had mine done since Sunday, and while there's a little tip wear, that's all...and I've done everything from clean the kitchen to do dishes to wash my hair!

I got the purple one in a Glossybox and I bought the blue one. I haven't tried the blue yet, but I loved the purple. (I reviewed it on my blog.) I really like how those two are sparkly with glitter in addition to having the sandy texture. The feeling once it's on is like the finest sand paper.

Back