Anyone else LOVE the Pantone Color of the Year Emerald Collection at Sephora?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was checking out the Emerald collection online but decided to go to the store and see the products in person. I'm really glad I did. Now, I was a sucker for this collection from the get go since green is my favorite color. Based on what I saw/read online, I was most interested in the color of the year collection ($68) and the mini eyeliners ($18). What I found was that I didn't like the items in the collection nor the mini eyeliners as much as I though I would. I didn't care for the matte green or the other colors in the eyeshadow palette (called "Bionic") that was included in the set, the chubby pencil didn't wow me either, the cream shadow ("Color Code Prismatic Shadow Block') was a different tone of green than I was expecting and I'm not interested in loose glitter dust. What I did love (and picked up) was the marker tip green glittery liquid liner "Graphic Lift Liquid Liner" $17, the "Color Cube Lid Stain" $16 and 2 of the eyeshadow palettes in colors "Elemental" and 'Eclipsed" $26 each.

The packaging is nice for the collection but the names of the items are terrible. I had to look up what Sephora is calling these items cause I sure as heck can't remember 'Color Code Prismatic Shadow Block" or "Graphic Lift Liquid Liner", terrible names but nice products.

Oh, man, I keep going back to Sephora and swatching those Color Theory Eye Shadow palettes....I'd buy one if I wasn't on an eyeshadow no-buy for the forseeable future....I like the different finishes in each palette and the shadows themselves are lovely and smooth.  But I especially like the packaging design...it's so innovative and modern with the swiveling mirror and cover and the strong magnet closures....love it!

I'm such a sucker for fabulous packaging...this picture is making me drool, even though I'm sure I have those color eyeshadows in my palettes! lol However, that mascara just might make it to my house!

I just ordered the collection.  I have green eyes and it is my favorite color as well.  That color pot on the far left of the photo is the only thing I will need to stay out of.  If it's a cream, I will have it all over my condo in no time, Mr. Hanky style.  LOL

I have the mini polish set. The colors are really pretty. I found the shadows to be really chalky though.

I bought... a lot of this collection. I can't remember everything, so I'll have to list that out tonight, but I'm kind of confused about one thing: the prismatic block thing. How do you use that one?

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought... a lot of this collection. I can't remember everything, so I'll have to list that out tonight, but I'm kind of confused about one thing: the prismatic block thing. How do you use that one?
It's a cream eyeshadow. You can use it as such or as a base or an eye liner.

I initially wanted to get the mini liner set, but once I saw them in person I passed on them for the glitter liner pen. I would rather have one color I love than 4 that I like. I Got the felt tip glitter pen and the glitter pigment. The colors are gorgeous!

Originally Posted by lilsxkitten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I initially wanted to get the mini liner set, but once I saw them in person I passed on them for the glitter liner pen. I would rather have one color I love than 4 that I like. I Got the felt tip glitter pen and the glitter pigment. The colors are gorgeous!
Yeah, me too. Online I wanted the mini set but in person I went for the marker style pen liner, its really nice.

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just picked up this block on ebay for a few bucks less. Initially I was a little confused about how to use it too, the powder shadows are pretty self explanatory. I have tried using the block by itself but did not put primer on underneath it and it creased in no time flat, so I'm hoping primer will fix that. What I did notice about this cream shadow is that its very easy to apply sparingly to just get a light wash a color or you can layer it on to get a darker color.

Back