Your HG blush??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok, since warm weather is (hopefully!) around the corner, I'm on the hunt for a new blush to use.  I currently ONLY use a Lorac blush that I don't even think they make anymore.  I picked up a peachy color at CVS of the Maybelline Fit Me brand and was immediately disappointed as it didn't show up on my skin at all!! So depressing.

Throw your blush favorites at me.. ready, set, go!!

My HG blushes are MAC "Well Dressed" (Cool-toned pink) and Chanel "Fleur de Lotus" (Discontinued; Warm Coral.) Depending on your budget, Tarte has some really good blushes. I don't use Drugstore blushes, since they don't show up that well on me, but the new Maybelline Baked blushes look nice and pigmented. I also want to try the Revlon PhotoReady cream blushes.

tarte 12 hour amazonian clay blush in exposed and dollface.  they also have wonderful peach colored blush, but not sure of the name.

Originally Posted by glamigirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

tarte 12 hour amazonian clay blush in exposed and dollface.  they also have wonderful peach colored blush, but not sure of the name.
I second that. Those are my hands down favorite. I have a long post about them on my blog with swatches if you are curious.

I like Tarina Tarantino's Dollskin palette, as you get 4 blushes in both warm and cool shades and the quality is good.  I also like Estee Lauder's Sensuous Rose, it's a great neutral color for my skin tone, is finely milled and looks very natural.  Both are on the pricier end, but they see frequent use from me.

The All Natural Face has some really great loose mineral blushes in a wide range of colors.  They are inexpensive and the color selection is fantastic. 

My fave blush is Sugarbomb by Benefit. It's a peachy pink that gives a perfect subtle wash of color on my light skin. It may not work as well on darker skin tones but on fair - light complexions I think it's beautiful.

My favorite is MAC since MAC does a big variety of brushes and their range is most established among beauty lovers. They are sturdy and well made, the quality is consistent, but i think most of the brushes of MAC are very overpriced.

I have three that I yoyo between:

E.L.F. Candid Coral (NARS Orgasm dupe)

Starlooks Barbie

Everyday Minerals Apple

I like Tarte's powder blushes because they're so finely milled and coverage is buildable--they're great for a subtle/natural everyday blush. I haven't tried Lorac's though, I'm not sure what type of intensity you like. 

If you're ordering from ELF anytime soon, I would recommend their new HD blushes--the pigmentation is AMAZING! you definitely can't put it directly on your face though, it's just too intense; you'd have to put it on your hand, gently dab a brush on it, and dab off the excess before applying it.

I'd second Mac's Well Dressed or Dame

Tarte's blushes are great I have quite a few of them and would go for any of them. HG  has to be fearless. I don't know where you get this as I got it in a kit.

You know what, (prepare yourself to be shocked) I have yet to try a MAC product, lol.  I usually just always go to Ulta for my makeup and of course they don't have it there but I hear/see so much about it that I will definitely take up that blush suggestion!

I'm already a Tarte fan as I have their Amazonian Clay foundation and I looove it, so I will need to venture on to their blushes!!  I think I've learned that blush is the one item that I might need to spend a little more money on :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone!!

I second the Tarina Tarintino Dollskin Cheek palette.  So beautiful and versatile!  I also love Estee Lauder Peach Nuance... 8.99 on All Cosmetics Wholesale!

Tarte blushes

ELF hd blush in superstar 

ELF candid coral, $3 and it looks great, gives u a nice summery glow, never been a big blush person but it truly brings your face to life, now I'm addicted. 

For quite a while it was Benefit Sugarbomb. But then I tried Brazen Cosmetics Perfect 10 and I think that may be my new one. A lot less expensive and more natural too. Plus, I like supporting smaller companies. Both of those are peach and they just look really nice on my skin tone ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm a big fan of TheBalm's Frat Boy especially in the summer. Gives you a nice glow like you've been out in the sun. Everytime I wear it I seem to get compliments. 

I adore Benefits Coralista blush. I got it in a small package..The kit was like, $12 I think. It came with a small bottle of high beam, too. It's a great summer duo, not sure if they still make the kit though.

Back