Eyeshadow palette recommendation? (Neutral colours and travel-friendly)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

My go-to palette for neutral eyeshadows is my Urban Decay naked 2. I love it but I've realised that there are 4 eyeshadows that I use much more than others. These are foxy (matte light beige that I use to blend other colours), Bootycall (shimmery beige that I use as a highlighter), Tease (matte taupe that I use on my eyebrows...surprisingly it works quite well), and blackout (black eyeshadow that I use as a liner).

I've hit pan on those colours already and I need replacements. I don't feel like buying a new Naked 2 palette when I only use those four colours. I was wondering if anyone could recommend a smaller, good quality palette, travel-friendly, containing colours that are similar to the ones I've described above? I've been thinking about buying the Naked Basics palette but I wanted to know what other options there were first.
smile.gif

I absoluetly adore Too Faced's Naked Eye Shadow Collection. It's cheaper then the Naked2 and I think it has most of the colors your looking for!

My go to shadow is Inglot- it used to be really frustrating trying to order from them, because their site is really tough to navigate, but they've recently started carrying them on a site called Beautylish. 

They have an absolutely amazing set up for the Inglot store, you just scroll down and click on one of the big images of the palettes and it takes you to a page where you can drag and drop shadows into the palette of your choice. (And choose between pan and swatch view!)

I have 117 Rainbow, the central color is really close to tease, but I suspect that 348 matte might be closer!

I peeked around online a bit and found a (possible?) dupe list

Foxy : 328M (matte light peachy yellow beige)
Booty call : 395P (shimmery beige)
Tease : 342M (matte taupe medium brown)
Blackout : 391M (dark matte black)

I have had the same issue with the Naked and Naked 2 palettes. They were an awesome value when I didn't know what I would wear, but I've hit pan on a few shadows per palette, and barely touched the others. Mostly I've used up the lightest colors, because I tend to put them over the most area. So I bought the Naked Basics palette, which I love. Nothing is shimmery, but otherwise it would fit the bill.

Back