Boston Marathon bombed.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
http://www.gaiaonline.com/gaia/redirect.php?r=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.yahoo.com%2Fblogs%2Flookout%2Fdozens-people-injured-explosion-boston-marathon-190955311.html

Dozens of people have been seriously injured after two reported explosions at the finish line of the Boston Marathon. At least 12 people were seriously injured and transported to local hospitals according to Boston ABC affiliate WCVB.

The Boston Globe cited witnesses who reported hearing two large explosions shortly before 3pm ET. The Associated Press reported at least one of the explosions came near the entrance of the Fairmont Copley Hotel. Meanwhile, photos posted on Twitter showed several people severely injured along Boylston Street--at the center of the Boston's main shopping district.

Phones were not being answered at the Boston Police Department. But scanner traffic indicated police were investigating "several suspect packages" on Boylston Street.

Twitter user Matt Norlinder posted a screenshot of the explosion captured by the local CBS affiliate.

God, and I feel like a wreck. Just started my work day, and I was just at Back Bay at 1PM. Bombing happened around the corner of our passenger pickup point. Started crying a bit, and almost did announcing it to my passengers. This is ridiculous...

Apparently two more bombs have been discovered and work has commenced to dismantle them. Thoughts and prayers for all those involved.

Yeah, it's bad. My prayers out to them too. Thankfully, I don't THINK I know anyone who was around the marathon or at it today, so I am kind of relieved, but Jeez....

Google is setting up a check in for people involved or in the areas affected. Cell service is shut down in case of remote detonation. The news just broke that a person of interest is being guarded in a Boston hospital.

Apparently a bomb went off at the JFK library which I think is in Cambridge. A fire also broke out at the Boston (?) Library (if it's the Boston Library that is right at the finish line of the marathon). The hubby is Bostonian so he's like shocked this happened in Boston. His family should be fine since they don't live in Boston proper but to the south except his daughter who lives in Chelsea which is like five miles from Boston.

Hopefully she's safe Zadi. I've visited Boston and loved my stay there. The death toll it's climbing; horrible.

One of my reader's mom was at the marathon but had left before the bombs went off so her mom is okay. I'm hoping that none of her family or friends were there.

Right now CBS is reporting 50 wounded, 2 killed. On ABC one of the reported talked to a doctor who was there and the doctor said that some people had their limbs torn off their bodies. All I can think is even though I want to know what happened certain things shouldn't be shown. What's making me angry are the media SHOWING the injured laying on the ground bleeding. I understand it's news but does anyone want to see the horror on those people's faces as they lay there stunned, bleeding or even dead?

Thoughts and love out to those affected.  I was just there this summer. We lived on Cape Cod this summer & visited Boston a few times. Great city.

I guess they dedicated the last mile of the race to the Newtown families and some were even there. Can you imagine going through ANOTHER terrible thing like this?!

My brother goes to Emerson and he was going to go and cheer people on! Thank goodness he's safe and got stuck in his dorm room helping a friend bid on eBay... My thoughts are with all those out there. I'm glad my lil bro is safe!

Originally Posted by Sheeeeeelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thoughts and love out to those affected.  I was just there this summer. We lived on Cape Cod this summer & visited Boston a few times. Great city.

I guess they dedicated the last mile of the race to the Newtown families and some were even there. Can you imagine going through ANOTHER terrible thing like this?!
OMG!

My thoughts go out to all those affected by this. Hopefully we figure out soon who's behind it all.

Back