Sign in to follow this  
Amanda Stan

May 2013 Ipsy bag!!! (Spoilers)

My daughter gets a bag and I used her referral link to open up a second bag (instead of using my account I had canceled).. And then after the spoilers I used my daughters referral link to get a second new account! Hahaha it said she will get her referal gift in this bag or next months, i hope i get the UD shadow. Also hoping for no Zoya dupes.. I'll just trade whatever I don't love :)

Originally Posted by bluemustang View Post

My daughter gets a bag and I used her referral link to open up a second bag (instead of using my account I had canceled).. And then after the spoilers I used my daughters referral link to get a second new account! Hahaha it said she will get her referal gift in this bag or next months, i hope i get the UD shadow. Also hoping for no Zoya dupes.. I'll just trade whatever I don't love smile.gif

I just don't like the OR aspect of the referral bonus. You can get an urban decay shadow OR some boring jewelry piece. I would probably end up getting the jewelry! I might wait until they have 2 choices that are both decent to get the 1 more referral I would need to get the bonus. 

I love all the Pacifica stuff.  I really love Waikiki Pikake because it reminds me of living in Hawaii.  I used the total beauty deal of $25 off $50 just now.  I was wanting some stuff anyways.  I picked up the Bloods Orange Wanderlust kit (big body wash, body butter and roller ball perfume), Waikiki Pikake roller ball and body butter and two off the free solid perfume samples (hawaiian ruby quava and I ndian coconut necter) since my order was over $50.  After the discount it was $10.  The bad thing is that none of the other codes would work with the total beauty code.  If the ipsy code is good I buy the other stuff I wanted.

Originally Posted by mindcaviar View Post

P.S. Pacifica does not do "vial on card" samples. They have these little round tins of their solid perfumes as samples. The tins are partly filled in the sample size. They are ONLY two dollars for a sample size online and they come in almost every fragrance. If we get a sample of theirs it would be fine, too. I have tried about a half dozen fragrances that way. That is how I discovered my beloved Island Vanilla. 

Here is a link to the samples: http://www.pacificaperfume.com/perfume-samples

This month for their mother's day promo it is free shipping with a 25.00 purchase. It is usually free with a 50.00 purchase, though their shipping costs are more reasonable than many online retailers. :)

What a neat idea to use tin solids as samples! Wish more companies would do this.

• Like 1

How do you change your profile.

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie View Post

I'll gladly take anything but the St. Tropez or Argan Oil (I already have Josie Maran, big bottle, so I don't really need it but if I get it no biggie). PAAAALE girl here and I don't tan, don't want to tan, will never tan lol...did I mention no tan? I updated my profile though, that I'm not interesting in tanning, so I'm not really worried smile.gif

Originally Posted by Lorenk View Post

After reading all the stuff about Pacifica, I signed up for their website & got an email saying I get a free Sugared Fig lip quench with my purchase of $25 or more.

There doesn't appear to be an expiration date, so I think I will wait & see what kind of discount we get from Ipsy, hopefully I can combine them!

I signed up too! Thanks for the heads up!

This will be my first month receiving the Ipsy Glam Bag and I just created another profile so I'll be getting TWO.  Yay!  I love the idea of a surprise, but I'm such a sucker for the spoilers.  There's not really a bad color in the Zoya Spring nail colors, but I'd probably prefer GeiGei and Neely.  I'm a lipgloss girl, so I'd rather have that over a lipstick.  I'm not crazy over the idea of a concealer, but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.  Who knows!  I'd love to get both the body butter AND roll-on perfume by Pacifica as opposed to the other remaining options. 

I'm new to subscription bags and last month I received my first Pop Sugar box and my first Beauty Army box.  I wasn't thrilled with either of them.  However, based on what I'm hearing about this month's Ipsy bag, I'm pretty gosh darn excited.

Hope you all get what you want!!  smile.gif

I just redid my quiz, most of my answers stayed the same so I hope I get my wishlist this month! Did anyone else notice you had to put your birthday in at the end? I don't remember having to do that before. Possible birthday gifts in the future....? One can hope, but this is my birth month.

Since everyone else is doing it... my wishlist :)

1. Nail polish in mint or blue (or just not shimmery)

2. Light concealer

3. Lipstick

4. One of the pacifica products! (roller ball or lotion)

5. Another pacifica? Or the Macademia oil. I have the sample size Josie Maran, full sized Moroccanoil and the sample Big Healthy Hair Soy Treatment with Argan oil so I probably don't need another sample of any oil...

I have such pale skin that I worry about the trying the self tanner, I wouldn't mind trying it but I feel like it probably wouldn't work on me.

Never mind.  I goggle it.

Originally Posted by CheshireCookie View Post

I'll gladly take anything but the St. Tropez or Argan Oil (I already have Josie Maran, big bottle, so I don't really need it but if I get it no biggie). PAAAALE girl here and I don't tan, don't want to tan, will never tan lol...did I mention no tan? I updated my profile though, that I'm not interesting in tanning, so I'm not really worried smile.gif

Originally Posted by girlwithclass View Post

Searching around on Ipsy for products based on the sneak peeks.. thinking this will be the St Tropez product going out this month! Kinda crossing my fingers for it smile.gif

http://www.ipsy.com/product/p-hfcukc2vr7umtxu/

I wouldn't mind getting this. I like the idea of "no commitment." That way if I mess up the application, it will just wash off. A previous poster suggested a application mitt so if I get this I will be purchasing one of those for sure!

I'm a little afraid of the self tanner! Visions of Tan Mom haunt me still.....

Originally Posted by Roxane68 View Post

I wouldn't mind getting this. I like the idea of "no commitment." That way if I mess up the application, it will just wash off. A previous poster suggested a application mitt so if I get this I will be purchasing one of those for sure!

10933313-large.jpg

Originally Posted by StellaSunshine View Post

10933313-large.jpg

Originally Posted by StellaSunshine View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxane68 View Post

10933313-large.jpg

rofl2.gif

My comment was in reference to the link posted (which I had quoted). http://www.ipsy.com/product/p-hfcukc2vr7umtxu/ given by girlwithclass

and assuming this would be one of the products that we might receive.

Description:

St. Tropez

One Night Only Instant Glow Body Lotion

St. Tropez's lightweight cream is the perfect party accessory! It gives you an instant beautiful golden glow that’s as easy to put on as it is to take off. Who is it for?: Anyone who wants a quick boost of color when you’re running out of time, heading to a party or want a bronzed glow for an event. For a quick, non-committal, instant tan that simply washes off with soap and water. Why is it different?: Free from tanning agents, One Night Only is transfer-resistant so you can tan and go – and look gorgeous!

Quote:10933313-large.jpg

Originally Posted by cari12 View Post

LMFAO - awesome.  hahaha.gifclaps.giflaughno.gifrofl2.gif4.gif (ok..i'm done being annoying)....but that totally made my day better

10933313-large.jpg  <--- That makes me want to hide under a desk sadno.gif Do not want!

I'm so ready for the bags to start shipping!! sheep.gif (okay, whoever elected to include the sheep jumping rope deserves to be crowned MakeupTalk Queen)

Originally Posted by jbrookeb View Post

I'm so ready for the bags to start shipping!! sheep.gif (okay, whoever elected to include the sheep jumping rope deserves to be crowned MakeupTalk Queen)

I love that sheep! Makes me smile every time!! sheep.gif

Wow I missed a lot while I was at work! :)

The only thing I see I really DON'T want is the NUME Oil. I already have it, and it's pretty Meh. Anything else I will be happy with, but if I had to choose...

1) Mint Green Zoya

2) Lipstick rather than gloss

3) Light concealer

4) St. Tropaz (Surprising because I don't do self tanner, but this is more of a bronzer which sounds fun to me!)

5) Anything Pacifica

Originally Posted by bonita22 View Post

I don't like it when Ipsy sends out so many product variations. Mainly because what I liked about Ipsy was that we all got almost the same thing except any or items. Hopefully Ipsy doesn't turn into Birchbox (without the points), where some people get really good boxes and others get some not so good ones.

I hope I get something good. I hope I get a rollerball and a hair product maybe the macadamia hair one. I do not like tanning and I'm not a fan of lipgloss.

You are SO not the only one thinking this!!!  I hate Birchbox with a passion because of all the variations in boxes they send out--they end up giving good stuff to some people and positively jipping others.  I know Ipsy offers a trading forum on FB, which is nice, but not only do I not want to have to rely on trading all the time for the hassle of it, I also don't want to end up paying 2 to 3 times what I paid for the bag in the first place due to shipping costs associated with trading.  If Ipsy follows down this slippery slope, I will cancel in a heartbeat and never look back.  There's always Sample Society.  They don't give out as much makeup as I'd like, but when they do, it is usually good quality.  Plus, everyone tends to get the same thing or very, very close to it.  Unlike other sample boxes that seem obsessed with personalizing things, SS has stuck to their one size fits all policy, and even if I was annoyed that I got a Murad acne cleanser one time (a Murad cleanser designed for my skin type would have been better), I'd rather get a Murad acne cleanser like everyone else than get something even crappier.  I hope Ipsy does read this and takes this into consideration.

Loving this bag! It'll definitely be interesting to the see all the variations. Wonder if there will be people that get both perfumes or body butters in their bags. Since bunch of people are posting their wishlists, here's mine:

1) Zoya polish in either Julie, Neely, or Blu (purple, green, or blue)

2) Lipstick

3) Concealer in Medium (if the brand's indeed yaby, not really excited for this since their eyeshadows were so disappointing... But, ya never know...)

4) Pacifica Rollerball in either fragrance

5) Anything else is fine, besides the oils

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather Hicks View Post

You are SO not the only one thinking this!!!  I hate Birchbox with a passion because of all the variations in boxes they send out--they end up giving good stuff to some people and positively jipping others.  I know Ipsy offers a trading forum on FB, which is nice, but not only do I not want to have to rely on trading all the time for the hassle of it, I also don't want to end up paying 2 to 3 times what I paid for the bag in the first place due to shipping costs associated with trading.  If Ipsy follows down this slippery slope, I will cancel in a heartbeat and never look back.  There's always Sample Society.  They don't give out as much makeup as I'd like, but when they do, it is usually good quality.  Plus, everyone tends to get the same thing or very, very close to it.  Unlike other sample boxes that seem obsessed with personalizing things, SS has stuck to their one size fits all policy, and even if I was annoyed that I got a Murad acne cleanser one time (a Murad cleanser designed for my skin type would have been better), I'd rather get a Murad acne cleanser like everyone else than get something even crappier.  I hope Ipsy does read this and takes this into consideration.

Ditto! That's part of the reason I didn't sign up for Birchbox!

Originally Posted by Heather Hicks View Post

I didn't know ipsy had a trading forum on facebook... can you tell me what its called?? I have a feeling I'll be wanting to trade some of my items with all of this variation in the may bag. -_-

Originally Posted by melodyyy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather Hicks View Post

I didn't know ipsy had a trading forum on facebook... can you tell me what its called?? I have a feeling I'll be wanting to trade some of my items with all of this variation in the may bag. -_-

Their official one is on their own FB however we have one here on MUT as well.

My wish list: 1. Blue nail polish (I'll be happy with just about any shade though. Yay for a full size!) 2. I'm on the fence about the lip product, so I'll be happy with lip stick or gloss. I have too much of both.... Oops!! 3. I really really really (did I say really....) would love to have a perfume roller. I love new fragrances!! 4. & 5. I'm not sure about the rest, but I have a feeling it's going to be a great bag!!!

Originally Posted by zadidoll View Post

Their official one is on their own FB however we have one here on MUT as well.

Thanks zadidoll! Did not know that. I will check them out for sure :)