Red "spots" top of legs

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For the past 2 years I've been getting noticeable red spots at the tops of my legs (mostly around the side) of my bum cheeks and a couple at the top of the backs of my legs.

It seems that the area is also quite dry compared to other parts of my legs. I get a couple at a time - not completely drastic but usually I get one or two that are quite red so stand out which is annoying as I go swimming quite a lot and get quite self conscious about how they look.

Some do end up forming into squeezable spots but I avoid messing around with them. Also I should say I do not suffer from acne and the rest of my body is quite clear - I shower every day.

Does anyone else have this kind of skin problem and could offer some advice?

could be psoriasis (hope I spelled that right). my best friend had the same thing and it took her years to figure it out

They could also be ingrown hairs from shaving (I get them as well), but no amount of speculation from us is going to definitively diagnose it. Go to a dermatologist if you have the money/insurance.

If you don't have the means to go to a doctor, I highly recommend trying AmLactin Lotion. The active ingredient is lactic acid (an alpha hydroxy acid) which means it is a fantastic exfoliator. It smells medicin-y when applying, but the this fades. 

The skin on my arms and legs is dry, and AmLactin is the only lotion that I've used that actually treats dry skin rather than temporarily fixing it. I also get little bumps on my legs and arms (and sometimes larger ones on my thighs similar to what you are describing). It has done wonders for me. If I used it regularly, I hardly have any skin irritation at all. 

Back