What make-up do you tend to wear on a daily basis?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What make-up do you wear? On a daily basis, I usually wear:

Illamasqua PF240 powder

MAC Fleur blush 

Illamasqua Empower eye shadow palette

Illamasqua Precision gel liner

Illamasqua Magnetism lip stick

Illamasqua black pencil as lip liner

I can't wear mascara as my lashes are way too short; I need to get false lashes or extensions. I probably need to get brow liner. One of my Illamasqua MUA friend says I don't need to contour because I have quite chiseled features, although highlighting could be useful. Do you know how to make my nose appear shorter with make-up? I look odd without my glasses on. 

A lot of my MUA friends say I should get MUA training, as I'm getting quite good. I enjoy making designs around my eyes with my liner. What schools in LA or NYC do you recommend?

Most days, it is some variation/combination of the following:

-Olay Complete (don't skip the SPF, for real!!)

-UD Naked Skin foundation mixed w/ L'Oreal Infallible foundation

-Illamasqua Skin Base

-NYX Stay Matte powder

-Rimmel brow pencil in Hazel or Jordana Fabu'Brow in Light Brown

-random mascara (I can never stick with just one, but a current favorite is Benefit They're Real)

-Illamasqua Zygomatic to contour

-Illamasqua Naked Rose

-MUFE shadow primer

Everything else changes so much day-to-day. I rarely wear the same shadow, liner, lip color twice in the same week. The list above are my staples though. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm very interested in seeing the lists of others here.

Wish I had some ideas about MUA schools in LA - the only one I know of is a cinema school so I'm not sure if you'd want to go after that kind of makeup. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm sooo predictable when it comes to my makeup. On a daily basis I use:

- Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation

- Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Concealer

- Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Liner (Black)

- Nars Blush in Deep Throat

- Diorshow Mascara

- Maybelline Baby Lips in Cherry

The thing that changes the most is my lip color. I love experimenting, especially with reds.

I pretty much always wear my:

Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse Foundation

Benefit Boi-ing Concealer

Covergirl Smoothers Translucent Powder

Eyeko Super Skinny Liquid Liner in Olive -or- Tarte Amazonian Clay Liner in Plum

the blush and lips pretty much always change. I definitely couldn't pick one color to use forever!

On a Monday through Friday basis I wear:

-Avon Glimmersticks eyeliner in Midnight Black

-Maybelline Fit Me Foundation

-Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Mascara in Black

-Esos Lip Balm

The actual lip color and eyeshadow color changes pretty much everyday. On Saturday's I usually just with the mascara and lip balm and on Sunday I give my face a break from makeup.

Lately on days I wear make-up, this has been the pattern:

Foundation/base: Physician's Formula Tinted Moisturizer in Fair to Light, set with BM Mineral Veil (I got the tiny compact kit for $12 at Ulta), sometimes I will skip the tinted moisturizer and just wear the veil if I am going causal and not planning to be out in the sun. For heavier coverage I have BM Ready Foundation in Fairly Medium with the BM primer.

Either Yaby concealer from Ipsy, or E.L.F. or UD eyeliner primer

Whatever eyeshadow I feel like, it ranges from pastels to neutrals, and sometimes others. I have really been liking my LORAC GLOgetter palette for summer and wearing brighter or jewel toned shades as eyeliner alone without any other eyeshadow. Sometimes I will skip eyeshadow and just wear mascara.

Mascara, usually E.L.F. Lash Extending mascara

Blush is usually peach or light pink and most of the time it is from Brazen Cosmetics, though I do have a few others I rotate in sometimes.

My lips vary a lot. Sometimes a lip butter, sometimes gloss, sometimes a combo of the two, sometimes just a very lightly tinted balm or just regular balm, sometimes a lipstick (pretty rare). I really like the Juice Beauty Pink lip gloss I got in my Ipsy bag, though. And the Rimmel Show Off/Apocolips in Celestial is nice too.

On a daily basis, I normally skip on most face products. I also use SPF 50 moisturizer, though.
For Blush, It's usually either between Tarte's Blushing Bride or NARS in Deep Throat.

For my eyes, it is usually a simple winged eyeliner and I used Anastasia Brow Gel on my brows.

I have no one lipstick I use everyday. I like to mix it up a lot! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Murad moisturizer and eye cream Face primer Skin79 or Missha BB Cream LORAC Behind the Scenes Eye Primer *Shadows and liner colors vary Black liquid liner and UD 24/7 pencils Tarte Gifted mascara Flower brow pencil Blush color varies, a lot of peachy colors lately Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer Lip color varies theBalm Mary-Lou Manizer (sometimes I'm too lazy for this step) theBalm Sexy Mama Transucent Powder (I'm almost always too lazy for this step)

I'm a big believer in drugstore brands and just starting to get into higher-end stuff... so for now, this is my routine:

Olay Complete

L'Oreal Infallible liner in black

Ulta shadow - usually in a shimmery gold, bronze, or brown

Ulta concealer

Smashbox blush/bronzer duo

Voluminous Millions mascara

Revlon Lip Butter

I've been loving my wet n wild coverall foundation (but am interested in the new covergirl liquid one) with my much loved maybelline dark circle treatment concealer. My tarte bronzer, a cream blush and the watts up highlighter. All set with the nyx dewy setting spray. For eyes I go to a colour tattoo or the naked basics, the maybelline gel liner in purple (to make my brown eyes pop) and the physicians formula jumbo lash mascara. And I'm not picky with my lippys as long as they're a bright colour.

1. Laura Gellar Spackle in Champagne (best primer ever)
  2. Skin79 Super+ Pink BB Cream
  3. Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light-Medium Bisque
  4. Bobbi Brown Concealer in Porcelain
  5. Bare Minerals Illuminating Mineral Veil
  6. Cargo Water Resistant Blush in Los Cabos or MAC Sheertone Blush in Pink Swoon
  7. Urban Decay Primer Potion
  8. MAC Sculpting Powder in Sculpt
  9. MAC Mineralized Skinfinish in Perfect Topping
  10. MAC Eyeshadow in Nylon, Nocturnelle, and Shadowy Lady
  11. NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk (on my waterline)
  12. Anastasia Brow Wiz in Caramel
  13. Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Caramel
  14. Anastasia Clear Brow Gel
  15. Make Up Forever Aqua Liner in #8 (Electric Purple) or #13 (Matte Black)
  16. Diorshow Blackout Waterproof Mascara
  17. Benefit Benetint on Lips
  18. MAC Lipglass in Prrr or Viva Glam VI SE

... 18 products. I need help. I also use Coola Plant UV Face SPF 30 as my daytime moisturizer.

1. HourGlass Veil primer

2. Bare Minerals - bisque concealer

3. Smashbox BB cream or Laura Mercier - Silk creme foundation -rose ivory

4. Clinique Airbrush concealer

5. (Sometimes) a little bit of hourglass mood powder

6. Blush- Nars orgasm multiple or Tarte - amazonian clay blush

7. Mascara - Benefit They're Real

8. Some type of eyeshadow, sometimes benefits cream shadows, UD 1 pallet, Laguna bronzer, maybe a laura mercier caviar stick

9. Lip stick/gloss etc. I mix this up. Sometimes I'll do the Fresh clear balm.. sometimes I'll do Chanel Boy

Often but not daily products:

10. Urban decay - setting spray

11. Eyeliner- UD whiskey or some type of black liner I have the inglot in my bag right now.

On a busy day, when I'm putting makeup on at a stop light... I skip products 1,2,5,8,10,11.

Step one: first of all, of course, is to do the work of cleaning and moisturizing facial, harmonizes on after. A nude makeup, the most important thing is the end of makeup. Summer BB creams can be used instead of the Foundation, will be more clear. After Finishing Powder makeup, it was much more difficult to take off makeup.

Second step: eyebrows, eyebrow pencil profile basic profile, use brow powder evenly again. Mind the eyebrows should not be too dark in color, it would seem unnatural.

Step three: eye shadow, with light before end of play it again, then hit with a brown eye shadow on eye location, remember to only have to brush again to, nude makeup does not need too much.

The fourth step: drawn by eyeliner along the base of the eyelashes, eyes up, can't wait too long.

Fifth step: same color brown eye shadow brush horizontal part of the silkworm, brush only once, do not be too thick. Tail parts to gently brush the eye oh! so eyes slightly larger!

The sixth step: brush eyelashes daily makeup is best not put fake lashes, it would look very fake. Just brush a layer of mascara lines, no need to clip Eyelash brush, which can create a natural vertical eye makeup.

Seventh step: blush, blush brush you can use hand wipes, avoid too red not natural.
that's all 

Eighth step: the final step is lipstick, as this is a more natural nude makeup, painted a more natural color can be had.

Back