Sign in to follow this  
MaiteS

Beauty Army: June 2013

Originally Posted by magicalmom View Post

Also something to keep in mind, while they do guarantee that an item will be available for 30 days, something people want like Indie Lee may "sell-out" for the day just a few hours after they release it.  So you may want to try selecting your samples as close as you can to when the selection window opens (noon Eastern time!)

Oh and I got my box a few days ago, got the NV eyeliner in Chaos (turquoise/teal) and it is GORGEOUS.  I'll try to upload a pic soon!

good to know about picking samples asap- thanks!

Ok, so odd question- I was just on the site now, playing around adding stuff to my wishlist (no idea if it influences your choices at all or not, but it cant hurt) and I'm just randomly clicking around, getting to know the layout when I look at the account section, my shop- and for june, it's showing my samples as missing one (5 there instead of 6)! The NV gloss is not pictured, but I know I selected it- heck I copied and pasted everything into here to share several days ago.  What gives?  :(  I guess I will see tonight when I go home if it's in the package or not- did they run out or something? :(

Originally Posted by Lily V View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmom View Post

Also something to keep in mind, while they do guarantee that an item will be available for 30 days, something people want like Indie Lee may "sell-out" for the day just a few hours after they release it.  So you may want to try selecting your samples as close as you can to when the selection window opens (noon Eastern time!)

Oh and I got my box a few days ago, got the NV eyeliner in Chaos (turquoise/teal) and it is GORGEOUS.  I'll try to upload a pic soon!

good to know about picking samples asap- thanks!

Ok, so odd question- I was just on the site now, playing around adding stuff to my wishlist (no idea if it influences your choices at all or not, but it cant hurt) and I'm just randomly clicking around, getting to know the layout when I look at the account section, my shop- and for june, it's showing my samples as missing one (5 there instead of 6)! The NV gloss is not pictured, but I know I selected it- heck I copied and pasted everything into here to share several days ago.  What gives?  :(  I guess I will see tonight when I go home if it's in the package or not- did they run out or something? :(

Oh that is weird!   I'm not sure, actually.  It should definitely be in your package, and if not, email Customer Service or reach out to them on Facebook.  They have amazing CS!  And I'm crossing my fingers that it is in your box!

yay, false alarm! even though it doesn't show the gloss online at all- it's definitely in my box. :)  YAY!!  Were the NV comestics a one time only thing?- I couldn't find the brand listed on BA's website...

also, their boxes are super nice! way sturdy and cute- the pink camo inside is a very nice touch! They're really well made- I will def. be keeping these boxes to organize my makeup. biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Lily V View Post

yay, false alarm! even though it doesn't show the gloss online at all- it's definitely in my box. :)  YAY!!  Were the NV comestics a one time only thing?- I couldn't find the brand listed on BA's website...

also, their boxes are super nice! way sturdy and cute- the pink camo inside is a very nice touch! They're really well made- I will def. be keeping these boxes to organize my makeup. biggrin.gif

HOORAY!!!  I actually cancel my account after I order a box (just so 1- I don't forget and get sent samples I don't choose, and 2- I can go in and take the quiz anytime!), so I've been going back in just to see the fun stuff I can get next time, and I'm seeing different shades of the eyeliner - so you can get the eyeliner again, but not in the same color.  And it still seems to be alternating with the NV lip glosses.  I seriously want one of the Indie Lee oils, so once that pops up in my window, I may just order it!

The hair chalk is SUPER vibrant but it rubbed back off on my fingers right away lol. I got the pink one but my hair already has a lot of auburn in it so you honestly couldn't really tell it was there. I probably should've gotten the purple one.

No worries chica. That happened to me last month with the NV eyeliner. I spoke with customer service and she assured me the item would be in my box just not in my shop. This brand is not avaialbe to buy through BA. So it will not show up in anyone's shop. But you can buy on their website. http://www.addictionnv.com/ There is a promo that they are doing right now for 70% off! NV70

Ok, this is my first time poking around the BA website. Those of you who ended up with the gel eyeliner in Scene or Gold Digger, how'd you end up there? I feel like I've tried 400 combinations, and the only ones I'm seeing are Chaos and the purple one.  Wahhhh!

My picks came last week while I was at E3 so I didn't open my box until the other day.

The liner is in Chaos which is a gorgeous teal. Reminds me a of mermaid's tail.  The Yes To was my "weird" pick since everything else I wanted.

Colorsmash is in hot pink, the Mark mascara in black and the gel polish plus bottle. Overall I'm happy with my June Beauty Army picks.

Got my box a few days ago! It came about a week earlier than I was expecting so that was nice. 

1. The travel bottle was bigger than I was expecting which is awesome, I'm going to use it to bring along some of my Pacifica body wash on our trip next week. 

2. I got the NV gel eyeliner in the black with purple glitter, but it's really more of a purple which is awesome because I didn't get the purple Cailyn liner in my Ipsy bag and have wanted to try one. I've used it once and it seems okay. It doesn't have the same staying power on me as the Mica & Cailyn liners I've tried though but the color is pretty. 

3. The Skinn teen tone is a horrible color for my lips but looks nice on my cheeks and eyes as a base for a few pink shadows I have. I'll probably mostly use it as a cream blush though. 

4. Dry shampoo - my very first experience with one and I love it. I was a little skeptical at first, I have dark brown hair and I definitely got that white powder residue I'd seen mentioned many times but it rubbed right in and the smell is awesome. 

5. Mark mascara in the brown, I didn't have a brown mascara so I figured I'd give it a shot. It's not my favorite mascara but it'll be nice to try for when I want a more natural lash look I guess. Something different :)

6. The $25 iTrain gift card. I got it all set up on the site and have looked around but haven't decided what I'm going to use it for. I love working out and don't get to the gym much (if at all) so I'm sure I'll find something and it was a nice addition. 

Got my box today - the Walk of Shame Lip Gloss is freaking bright red! Def wont be wearing that...I can't pull off a red lip. :(

I just picked out this months goodies! 400 I'm actually a bit excited about the Egyptian magic cream. I forgot what I was reading but I remember seeing an article with Kate Hudson who says her fave beauty secret is using hat cream in her hair!! I'm definitely interested in trying that out and seeing what happens. I'm excited about the colorsmash but curious about how it will show up in my hair

Originally Posted by Adorkibul View Post

Got my box today - the Walk of Shame Lip Gloss is freaking bright red! Def wont be wearing that...I can't pull off a red lip. :(

Tone it down by mixing it with a pale pink.

Originally Posted by DorotaD View Post

I just picked out this months goodies!

I'm actually a bit excited about the Egyptian magic cream. I forgot what I was reading but I remember seeing an article with Kate Hudson who says her fave beauty secret is using hat cream in her hair!! I'm definitely interested in trying that out and seeing what happens. I'm excited about the colorsmash but curious about how it will show up in my hair

Ack! I've been trying to get that eyeliner for days and days.. What combination did you use?

Ack! I've been trying to get that eyeliner for days and days.. What combination did you use?
I've been trying to figure out a combo on my second acct and I've gotten pretty much every color but that one! I'm going to keep trying and ill PM you if I have any success

Originally Posted by DorotaD View Post

I've been trying to figure out a combo on my second acct and I've gotten pretty much every color but that one! I'm going to keep trying and ill PM you if I have any success

LOL, of course!  I thought maybe it was just gone, because I've ended up with every other color but I've never gotten that one, but now I have renewed hope!  

Well, I ordered my first box since March when I cancelled my sub. I woke up this morning to a $132.00 charge on my account and FREAKED. Apparently when I selected the "month to month" option, they had other plans for me. My account says "annual", which I did NOT select. So... I'm either out $132 and stuck with a years worth of boxes... or they'll *fingers crossed* refund the money and keep me month to month. Not a good start to my weekend... at all. Have you ladies ever had any issues with BA customer service?

I got an email from them about themed mystery kits. They have makeup, hair, bath & body, fragrance, and skincare kits for $12. They promise a $25 value. I guess they are clearing out some old inventory. 

I got an email from them about themed mystery kits. They have makeup, hair, bath & body, fragrance, and skincare kits for $12. They promise a $25 value. I guess they are clearing out some old inventory. 
I got it too. At first I was tempted by the hair kit, but I'm sure it will all be dupes of samples I've already received. I wish they would just list the contents and then I might go for one of them.

Originally Posted by Lolo22 View Post

I got it too. At first I was tempted by the hair kit, but I'm sure it will all be dupes of samples I've already received. I wish they would just list the contents and then I might go for one of them.

Same here. If they listed the items, I'd probably get the makeup one.

Looks like some of them are already out of stock, but it sounds like they are not previous samples based on what they said on FB:

Mine opens Saturday. If there's nothing good, I really should just cancel. I've skipped for several months in a row already due to blah selections.