Have you ever used men's products?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got a sample of ZIRH face wash from sephora a while back. I found it when I was cleaning my apt before I moved and decided to try it. It was awesome, never heard of the brand before and when I looked it up, turns out it's a men's line. But it was so great with my clarisonic, I want to buy it, but should I?

What makes a product for men?

When I was younger, I would steal my brother's body wash when I ran out of mine.  The main difference seemed to be the scent.  I think most of it is simply marketing~

But I do use men's deodorant.

Yes and no... There are some women's brands that carry a men's lines now, but I find that (the few that I've tried) have a musk scent to them that I don't like very much, it gets too overwhelming. I still prefer unscented or at least a very minimal scent to my personal products.

Yeah I had no idea it was a men's product because it smelled like lemons, so that's why I surprised when I looked it up. I've had to use my boyfriend's body wash a couple of times out of desperation and I hated coming out of the shower smelling like a man, lol.

I think the only difference is marketing and scent, for the most part. Although they say that certain formulas are developed for "men's needs" or "women's needs," I have a feeling that's a bunch of bunk!

I think the only difference is marketing and scent, for the most part. Although they say that certain formulas are developed for "men's needs" or "women's needs," I have a feeling that's a bunch of bunk!
Agreed. The textures all feel the same, it's the added scents which is part of the marketing part.

Back