Nikki Apostolou

Boxy Charm [Spoilers]

I wonder how the Ofra banana powder is. Will someone let me know please when you get your box and have a chance to try it? It's been years since I've used a banana powder and would love to try one again, although I'll have to wait until my no buy is over. :) I used to use the T.LeClerc banana powder but this was very long time ago. :D Other brands have them too. Just wondering how this Ofra one compares.

• Like 1

Hoping this works for my fair skin this time of year, but I think that this shade was a good one to pick to work for most skintones (unlike that concealer stick they sent out awhile ago, not everyone is the same shade! (That was Boxycharm right? Maybe it was another subscription)). I wish this came in a compact though

• Like 2

I can't believe I'd never even heard of banana powder until now. Another interesting new product!

• Like 1

Banana powders are great to use as a finishing powder and are subtle color correcting. They are considered one of the mua must products. I have no idea why I stopped using one. :lol: In pictures too it doesn't create a white cast like some other finishing powders can do so it works great for pictures.

• Like 2

Here is the full spoiler

• Beauty For Real Blush + Glo
  • Spongelle All-In-One Buffer + Polish
  • OFRA cosmetics Banana Powder
  • Shray Ms. Amazing Facial Mask
  • Freeze 24-7 Anti-Aging Eye Serum
  • Realtree for Her Perfume
  • Like 4

Got my box today!

Not my favorite box from Boxycharm, but I still like it! Here is a quick run down

Beauty For Real Blush + Glo - I got the shade Coral Crush for the blush, and Hi Beam for the highlighter. The blush is a perfect satin/shimmer, and while the highlighter is a bit too dark for my fair skin, I think it would work out good for the summer or a blush topper to give some sheen

Shray Mask - This came in such cute packaging! It was like a post-card, and made me feel like I was opening up a little package just for itself. The mask says it is limited edition for Boxycharm, and is for sensitive, dry skin, which is just what I need!

Spongelle Body Wash Sponge - I thought that this was going to be some cheap little sponge that you could get at a pharmacy for $5, and while it is a little bit nicer, I don't know if I would pay the full retail value for it. Nice scent, but wouldn't purchase myself

Freeze 27/7 Eye Serum - This serum is expensive! Says it helps with dark circles on the back, so I will give it  a try. The consistency is a murky clear gel, and a little bit tacky, would need to wear eye cream over it for sure for moisture

Realtree Perfume - I got this in an Ipsy long ago, and the smell is very distinct. Almost a little bit too sweet, but I think it is growing on me. I'm happy about the spray container, much better than the little glass vile I got from Ipsy

OFRA Banana Powder Pressed - I was worried that this would have broke in transit, but it is packaged very nicely so hopefully it doesn't break on anyone. With the low retail value, I feel like Boxycharm should have made this a compact. While I'm not sure if I will use this a ton as I'm in love with my Bare Minerals Well Rested setting powder for under the eyes, I feel like this would be good for someone that just wants to set and add a little bit of color correcting. Powder seems a little bit dry too, so beware of that if you have dry under eyes!

Like I said this isn't my favorite Boxycharm, I'm happy I got it and can't wait to use some of the products!

• Like 1

OFRA Banana Powder Pressed - I was worried that this would have broke in transit, but it is packaged very nicely so hopefully it doesn't break on anyone. With the low retail value, I feel like Boxycharm should have made this a compact. 

This.  The circle without the compact is $12 on the Ofra website but with the compact, it's only $15.  

• Like 2

I love boxycharm I ended up getting really pretty eyeshadow in the past. I also tried out glossy box other than the box being pretty didn't enjoy it as much. I would look at un boxing pictures and see which one fits you more. But for me it's boxycharm!

• Like 3

I recently signed up for Boxycharm, I'm glad I did. I love the items and there's always things in the glossboxes that I know I would never use or don't have a need for. After months of watching unboxings and thinking 'I should've signed up this month!', I finally signed up and January was my first box. I love the Spongelle that came in this months box but it seems a bit cheaper than the one we got in a Popsugar box a while ago. Still, its cute, I love the Realtree perfume and I can't wait to see next months box :)

• Like 1

I subbed to Glossybox for almost a year and then canceled. I think that boxycharm consistently has a higher value than Glossybox and Boxy has nearly all full size items whereas glossybox doesn't.

• Like 1

Thanks for the opinions! I get the feeling I'm going to like Boxycharm more too. I've decided to try them both out and see which one I like for the first two or three months and then cancel one.

• Like 2

I want to sub to this now based on the spoiler because I've wanted to try the brand. I just can't add one more sub before I cut out something else. Happy for you all who are getting this though. :)

• Like 1

I just subbed to this subscription. It's  a splurge because I don't live in the US so by the time shipping and the exchange rate is factored in, I'll be paying at least double the cost of the box, if not more. But I still think the value of the items will outweigh the cost. And quite frankly, I just want to try it because it looks so exciting, especially this spoiler. What is it about cupcakes and candy and pastel colours?  :wub:

• Like 3