Problem with Color Club polish

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I love the color of the Color Club polish I got in my Birchbox this month but when I tried to use it it was so streaky and clumpy.  I tried it with and without Seche Vite base coat and got the same results.  Any suggestions?

Maybe use white polish as a base to level it out. While I do love some of their colors, CC doesn't have a good formula at all. Unless you are using their holographic polishes.

When I saw how thick the polish was, I put a few drops of polish thinner in mine (Reign in Spain) before I even tried to apply. After finishing the first coat I had to put a few more drops in as it gets thick and clumpy quickly.  

I'm having an issue with the Ruby Wing polish (owned by Color Club).  I didn't get this in a Birchbox, but recently purchased a couple of bottles - Peony and Poppy.  I love the colors and the color-changing in the sun is awesome.  The floral fragrance is also nice. 

However, the Peony color has these random, tiny granules floating in the bottle.  Before every nail is polished, I have to inspect the paint on the brush so I can scrape the specks off first.  I am not finding this in the Poppy color, so maybe it was just a manufacturing issue with this particular batch of the Peony shade.

I have never been able to get a non-glitter coat Color Club polish to apply correctly. Always too goopy and thick. And of course Birchbox sends me four different bottles :/

All great colors, but all thick and gloopy. 

I've had so much frustration with Color Club polishes. I had a gold color from Wantable that was my first polish from them and it is amazing. Great coverage, non streaky, beautiful. Then....I got a green, a pink, etc etc etc and they've all been streaky as heck. I'm in love with the new mint green from BB but it's gonna be hard to get it to apply right, sigh.

I loved the first two I've gotten in my BBs (the blue from last fall when they sent the social media named polishes to everyone, and then a red from earlier this year) but the green London Calling from this month is just awful. Hard to apply, chipped within hours (my blue & red shades last longer than any of my other polishes - Julep, Zoya, etc.). Such a bummer because it is such a fun color! 

I had the same problem with mine : (

It's a shame....I have wet n' wild polish that goes on better.

Back