Interview makeup -- HELP!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay ladies, here's the deal --

I have an interview for a sales rep position at Verizon on Monday. It's the final step in the hiring process, and I want to nail it in every way. I already have my outfit picked out -- black dress pants, black pumps, a nice black shirt, and a cream blazer. I want to keep my makeup light and natural, but also very clean and professional.

What do you all think I should do? I was thinking maybe just a little bit of brown liner to brighten up my eyes a little bit, foundation, and a subtle lipstick like my mauve color whisper...but I'm open to ideas!

Thanks!

Neutral make up is the best when you want to be professional
smile.gif

I used nude pink and warm brown on my crease, then a thin brown eyeliner as well as foundation with light pink blush (I am light skintoned)

For lips I used a coral-pink lipstick as it was spring (the HR was female and she complimented my lip color!) but it was for Macy's sales associate but they require you to look professional and good. Hope that helps!

So yeah, what I was thinking is definitely neutral with just a touch of color. Verizon is very male dominated, so I don't want to look too girly I guess...

Well I say do a nude / neutral look... highlight and nice spring coral look the liner but I would stay away from putting any eyeshadow on but that's just my opinion.

I think a neutral gloss maybe more professional and less distracting

I didn't get it, but I'm still being considered (they are having a bunch of internal movement right now, and are still interested in me, just not for right now.) However, I did get a job! And you know what the funny part is? It's at AT&T!!

Aaaaah that's great!! I heard AT&T is a good company to work for. Best of luck

Thanks!

After interviewing for both and spending time in both stores, I can say I like the feel of AT&T better. The pay is pretty much the same too, so it's not like I'm losing out (in fact, the base pay is slightly higher at AT&T than at Verizon). I start training on the 8th. It's gonna be long and intense, but I'm sure oh so worth it!

It is always exciting starting new adventures. I am sure you will be awesome.

Well good thing it's paid training. I missed a position there due to an emergency; I would have been working in the call center. HR said I wouldn't have to test again if spot open within 3 months. I think it's 3 maybe 1. If 1 will have to take again.

Back