Help! Lightening newly dyed black hair?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone has any tips for me. I just dyed my hair 2 days ago and it's pretty jarring how black it looks. It was supposed to be a "natural dark brown" but yeah, it's black. I am starting a new job soon, and I really don't want my look to be so...intense. Any tips? I would prefer an at home trick as opposed to spending more money at the salon. Anything helps!

Hey there, I have had the same problem.

Try crushing up a bottle of vitamin c tablets mixed with a small amount of shampoo (Head and shoulders if you can, as this helps strip the colour out quicker) make into a paste and put it in your hair for about an hour,

It should help lighten your hair colour, if all else fails, try bleaching it.

The best at home solution is to wash your hair with a clarifying shampoo because anything else wont work. Wash and scrub your hair so the black starts to fade. Don't color or bleach your hair this will make it brassy and uneven and that will result in a lot of costs in the near future .

In the future you should make sure you go to a professional when you are trying to achieve color. Its always smarter because in the long run in ends up costing a ton of money.

Thanks!

Honey Clouds

www.honeycloudsspa.com

I'd suggest getting a color stripper like "Color Oops" from the drugstore or Sally's because nothing else will truly get that black color out other than bleach . Then, choose a brown dye that is LIGHTER than what you want and don't leave it on as long as the directions call for as it WILL go darker. This is what happens when your hair is more porous and likely why your hair went too dark in the first place. Good luck !

Back