JC327

Birchbox pick two mystery packs

I stopped getting the women's mystery pack, I have like 5 of those lace headbands that are too small. I started getting the men's one so I can give my brother in law a "Birchbox" at Christmas. He loves it. I think the men's is waaaaay better than the women's. This time I got Ursa Major Face Tonic and a Das Boom Body Brick. It's a soap infused body sponge! It's mini size, but smells amazing and looks like an awesome idea. He'll love both of them. 

That's a good idea!

My latest pick two was another Cowshed lip balm and a coastal scents sample palette. I already have both so these items will go in the circular swap box.

• Like 3

That's a good idea!

My latest pick two was another Cowshed lip balm and a coastal scents sample palette. I already have both so these items will go in the circular swap box.

I ordered a couple of Kiehls masks (the turmeric + cranberry seed mask and the cilantro green mask. . both are amazing, btw) and got the cowshed lip balm as well.  I really like the balm, though I notice that BB no longer sells it (guessing they are clearing out old stock?).  I also got a Cargo waterproof eyeshadow stick in a really REALLY bright teal color.   The eyeshadow is a no go for me, but I'm sure I'll find someone who can use it.  

• Like 1

I placed an order today and the Women's Pick 2 was out of stock.  I chose a men's instead.  Hoping for something interesting.

• Like 2

I placed an order today and the Women's Pick 2 was out of stock. I chose a men's instead. Hoping for something interesting.

I placed an order an hour ago through the app and women's pick 2 was in stock. I noticed it wasn't available online last night. I even received confirmation for my pick 2. I wonder if it's a web/software glitch.

Did you place your order through the Web page or app?

I still think it's funny that they can be out of stock, how can they not have extra samples around?

• Like 5

I placed an order today and the Women's Pick 2 was out of stock.  I chose a men's instead.  Hoping for something interesting.

this is what I should have done when I ordered the natural box! I'm so dumb. I didn't think to pick the men's instead even though I have done it in the past. Wow I need to take some vitamins or something. I could have given the mens to my teenage son.

• Like 1

this is what I should have done when I ordered the natural box! I'm so dumb. I didn't think to pick the men's instead even though I have done it in the past. Wow I need to take some vitamins or something. I could have given the mens to my teenage son.

If you send CS a message I'm sure they will add an MSP to your order  ;)

Btw, women's MSP is in stock now.

Edited by pearldrop
  • Like 1

I saw the women's pick two is back in stock.  My order has already shipped with the men's, so hopefully it will be something I can use.  If not, my husband and son will be in luck.

• Like 1

Sometimes the men's pick 2 items come with universal items like shampoo. It's worth a shot to get them every once and a while.

• Like 1

Sometimes the men's pick 2 items come with universal items like shampoo. It's worth a shot to get them every once and a while.

On that note, we just got a Men's MSP with a shop order. It contained the Parlor curl cream and V76 Hydrating Shampoo.

• Like 3

I received a weird pick two today, I don't know how to feel about it :S
* Keims hair care peppermint & macadamia energizing shampoo (50 ml)

* Jasmine seven feet wipes (2 sachets)

What? Why? You don't even carry these brands Birchbox! I feel like they just grabbed them from a hotel bathroom :/

• Like 3

@@pearldrop in the MSP I received yesterday I also got the Keims shampoo. They DID carry it at one time, because I remember getting it in one of my first monthly boxes - maybe March 2014 or around then.

Also in that MSP were a Kérastase hair mask foil and a nelson j. Beverly Hills hair mask foil. So technically it was a mystery sample trio, I guess?

• Like 1

@@pearldrop in the MSP I received yesterday I also got the Keims shampoo. They DID carry it at one time, because I remember getting it in one of my first monthly boxes - maybe March 2014 or around then.

Also in that MSP were a Kérastase hair mask foil and a nelson j. Beverly Hills hair mask foil. So technically it was a mystery sample trio, I guess?

I checked the brand list, they don't have either brands. I also tried to find Keims shampoo product page on BB site, it doesn't exist. I would be really upset if I actually paid $10 to this MSP :/

Did you like Keims shampoo? I don't even know if I should keep it or swap.

• Like 2

I checked the brand list, they don't have either brands. I also tried to find Keims shampoo product page on BB site, it doesn't exist. I would be really upset if I actually paid $10 to this MSP :/

Did you like Keims shampoo? I don't even know if I should keep it or swap.

I think they are clearing out old stock w/ the MSP.   My last MSP was a cowshed lip balm (which I actually love and would re-order, only they're not carrying it any more) and a Cargo waterproof eyeliner in a horrible teal color.  The MSP that came with the New Naturals box was actually mailed separately in a box, and contained the Keims shampoo and two pouches:  a Nelson hair mask and Kerastase treatment.   

Even though they weren't great, it always makes a fun surprise and way wayyyy better than the one deluxe sample I get at Sephora for spending $100.  Birchbox knows how to keep me coming back - I've placed 3 orders so far this months w/ discounts, points, GWPs, etc.  :) 

• Like 4

I received a weird pick two today, I don't know how to feel about it :S

* Keims hair care peppermint & macadamia energizing shampoo (50 ml)

* Jasmine seven feet wipes (2 sachets)

What? Why? You don't even carry these brands Birchbox! I feel like they just grabbed them from a hotel bathroom :/

I got this same pack. The foot wipes especially tick me off. If my feet are dirty I will just take a bath.  This really annoys me. I also don't really love the thing I ordered and am debating whether I should return it.  If so, the weird sample can go right back.

• Like 2

I got this same pack. The foot wipes especially tick me off. If my feet are dirty I will just take a bath. This really annoys me. I also don't really love the thing I ordered and am debating whether I should return it. If so, the weird sample can go right back.

Oh so sorry you got the same yucky sample pack :(

Is it me or is BB getting worse? My recent interactions with CS were not very good 80% and excellent like good old days 20%.

• Like 3

Oh so sorry you got the same yucky sample pack :(

Is it me or is BB getting worse? My recent interactions with CS were not very good 80% and excellent like good old days 20%.

I think what is happening with BB is what happened to Bed Bath and Beyond.  People got used to having amazing coupons and deals.  Now they are trying to scale back because they aren't getting as much of the market share as they used to. It's annoying if you remember the good ol days. I think I am going to see what the sample choices/ curated box look like.  If it's nothing special I might drop down to just Ipsy and Play. . 

• Like 4

I received my men's sample pack.  It contained a rice shaped soap that seems nice with a manly scent and a Baxter clay mask.  I have received the Baxter brand before and like it; however I don't need a mask for oily skin.  My husband likes the soap's scent.  Hopefully this built Birchbox karma for a nice women's pick 2 next time.

• Like 1

I got a Wish mud mask and a N4 Lumier super comb and prep hair sample. Nice size samples.

• Like 1

I just got two sample packs - one with that Temple Spa Calming Body Lotion that was sampled a while back and a teeny Camille Beckman body butter, and another with the same Temple Spa lotion and a bar soap. Definitely seems like they are clearing out old stock, and neither of those packs were worth close to $10.

I'm telling myself just to be happy it's not yet another Stila liquid lipstick in a color I can't/won't wear, at least the lotions may get used in travel or at work or something. But I don't like the birchbox shop enough to shop there without 20% coupons and good MSPs, so I'll be waiting a while before I place another order.

• Like 2

I got the harvey prince ageless liquid loofah which smells heavenly and a strivectin advanced retinol eye treatment in my order today. I never really use eye creams/serums/what-have-you because I like my eye wrinkles. 

• Like 3

I placed an order about 3 days ago and it arrived yesterday. . .like wow, that's great shipping.  MSP was excellent - .23 oz Algenist eye balm (full size is .5 oz and costs $65) and 1.69 oz Caudalie micellar water.  Very pleased, especially since I also got a $23Trestique blemish pencil as a GWP

• Like 2

I got a great pick two for my order today! A .24 oz Paula's Choice Resist Intensive Wrinkle-Repair Retinol Serum (it has great packaging too -- super heavy) and Dinoplatz Pearl Bay Invasion highlighter. This was with my order of the Foreo Luna Mini. Seriously love everything! Kinda makes me sad that Birchbox is going through so much turbulence right now -- they do kind of have the best points system and perks compared to a lot of other stores.

• Like 3

Neil George conditioner and dinoplatz highlighter. Both nice items.  So happy they are out of foot wipes and hotel shampoo.

• Like 2