help! need a mscara to make lashes curl!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi!

As you might know, I'm asian and my lashes just don't curl.

Actually, they really go towards the ground instead of the skyyyyy:(

I have tried maybelline telescopic (the gold one) mascara, and it's the best I have

found since then. I don't want to invest in high-brand product (in case you really recommend me too, of course) because I don't want to "waste" my money in a mascara that won't even do the job.

I tried a heating lash-curler, which is amazing.

But I wondered if there was a good mascara you guys could recommend me.

REMEMBER:: I'm not looknig for volume, I'm looking for CURLING lashes hooray!

I kinda scared to try a normal no-heat lash-curler, because I heard a lot of stories of how it pulls the lashes so they fall. I don't want less lashes or no lashes at all!

Thank you so much you guys!

xoxo

Smacbeauty

Dior doesn't make Hypnôse, Lancôme does. At any rate, you would use a combination of a lash curler + mascara to effectively curl your lashes. As for a curling formulation, you listed Falsies, Lash Blast, there's also Virtuoso by Lancôme, there's also False lash and Plush lash both from MAC. I am sure there are others, this is just off the top of my head right now.

my lashes just love benefits they're real mascara, you can always buy a sample size if you don't want to pay full price (in the uk it is quite abit of money for a mascara) x

my lashes just love benefits they're real mascara, you can always buy a sample size if you don't want to pay full price (in the uk it is quite abit of money for a mascara) x
They're real is my favorite mascara! Even better then Lancôme Hypnose.

They're real is my favorite mascara! Even better then Lancôme Hypnose.
Hypnôse is a volumizing mascara, not a curling one which is what smacbeauty is looking for.

Personally, I've been using Urban Decay's Supercurl mascara and it's worked quite well for me so far. I never curl my lashes otherwise. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm Asian with super straight lashes. I've never used a heated curler, I just use your standard lash curler. I've never used a mascara that actually does the curling for you but I know of some that will hold a curl well after you have curled your lashes. The closest mascara I have tried that curled my lashes a bit was the Urban Decay Supercurl mascara. I forgot my lash curler on my honeymoon but I had that mascara on hand and it did a decent job, but nothing like the effect of actually curling your lashes. If you don't want to spend a lot on mascara, just get the Shiseido nourishing mascara base. It's basically a lash primer but its super good at holding your lash curl. You can use it alone for a very natural look or you can too it with ANY mascara and it will look good and still keep the curl all day. I've used this stuff with crappy mascaras I would have otherwise thrown away. Other mascaras that are great at holding curl and making yours lashes look great are Benefit They're Real, Lancôme Hypnose Drama Waterproof, and Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Waterproof. All pretty expensive ones I know, but they're worth it to for what they do for my dinky lashes.

Originally Posted by Shapineapple /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Personally, I've been using Urban Decay's Supercurl mascara and it's worked quite well for me so far. I never curl my lashes otherwise. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I second this one; it is an amazing mascara! I naturally have curly lashes, but when I apply this one, they are "sky high"!  It has a really nice effect, dark color, and doesn't clump up.

(I'd also try mixing several mascaras. I like to use two or three at the same time to enhance the look I'm going for that day (Volume/length/curl,etc.) The key to to not let it get clumpy though! If you really want your curl to last, top it with a waterproof formula at the end so it has better hold (kind of like setting your hairstyle with hairspray). :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Back