Sign in to follow this  
zadidoll

(Discussion) Secret Santa 2013 is coming soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC327 View Post

I got my gift!!!

Meant to post earlier but been recovering most of the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweakabell View Post

So it's not my SS gift but something else came!

Bask in it's gorgeous green glory! lol It's so pretty I wanna hug it!

Its so pretty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorotaD View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC327 View Post

I got my gift!!!
Yay! Open it! Open it! Open it!

I will open it tomorrow and post pics, not feeling well today had my wisdom teeth removed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld View Post

I don't think I like the idea of a tiered one, honestly...I guess I just like everyone together in the same group, 

I hate the idea of a tiered SS. I love that we are all here together, seeing everyones' gifts, etc. I love it! If it were tiered I feel like people would feel excluded (even though they aren't, you know?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinka View Post

Ok, ok....breathing. She just sent
"I have opened the class until 12/13 5:00 pm"

*dries tears*

I can't handle that type of crisis sans tears. omg.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinka View Post

OT- having a mini panic attack. A class I'm taking (As per my professor's last email- ""everything is due by noon on Friday the 13th of December." ) does not have the option to take the final. WTF. Did she close it?

I'm going to cry! :(
Where are my college-final-friends??? I've emailed her...I hope it's just an error....If she closed it early,

i'll puke.

I would have had about a million tiny heart attacks, glad to hear  you were able to sort that out.hugss.gif

Mine was mailed...it doesn't have too far to go, so hopefully she will get it tomorrow or Monday.

P.S.: I addressed it as Secret Santa...I forgot to put anything in it when I taped it shut! 

Enjoy, giftee :icon_bigg

She's not my secret santee but we had planned a swap awhile back and I thought I'd share her wrapped presents. She only knows one of the things she's getting; the item we are swapping, the rest is all a surprise!!! Wrapped pretties for my NOT SO SECRET SANTA Swap with [@]yousoldtheworld[/@] Ahhhh I've tried to upload this picture like 10 times!! Why!!!??Why won't you work?! :(
Ok. Let's try this again!! 700

Quote:
Originally Posted by missemiee View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by missemiee View Post

She's not my secret santee but we had planned a swap awhile back and I thought I'd share her wrapped presents. She only knows one of the things she's getting; the item we are swapping, the rest is all a surprise!!!

Wrapped pretties for my NOT SO SECRET SANTA Swap with @yousoldtheworld

Ahhhh I've tried to upload this picture like 10 times!! Why!!!??Why won't you work?! frown.gif

Ok. Let's try this again!!

Eee, so pretty/exciting!  Yours went out today, btw. via USPS...so you should hopefully have it in a few days, assuming the mail hasn't switched to snails for the holiday season. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkimouse View Post

my package is ready to go out tomorrow  I'm super excited  I can't wait for my girl to get it i hope she loves it

I love the princess wrapping paper! That's so cute!

Oh!  You guys!  I love Friday the 13th.  It turns out what I thought was an allergy incident was actually the beginnings of a cold.  I'm just congested/drippy/sneezy/floaty-feeling, so I didn't feel crappy enough to stay home from work (I *do* feel crappy enough to stay home sitting on my couch -- instead of grocery/present shopping or cleaning -- all weekend drinking tea, eating chips, and watching _Parks and Rec_ on Netflix.  For some reason, chips are pretty much the only thing I can bring myself to eat when I'm sick, and I only watch _Parks and Rec_ when I'm sick).  I have to feel *really* bad in order for me to be able to justify staying home from work, especially since it was the annual luncheon day (free food *and* the bigwig flies up from the Bay Area for this, so it would look bad if I stayed home, so I went to work.  The morning was just the typical morning (with extra Kleenex and restroom runs to blow my nose), then we went downstairs for lunch.  AND THEN!  I won a fourth quarter Award for Excellence!  And the bigwig was there to see it!  I had *no clue* this was coming.  I assumed that I specifically would *not* get it because I just never get things like that.  I can tell from the nomination text that it was my boss because it was precisely what she put in my annual review (and one of the reasons given was my perfect attendance record -- and I was in fact there on a day where I felt kind of crappy but not sick enough to stay home).  But the most awesome part and my main reason for posting:  There's a $100 Visa gift card involved!  I'm thinking about using it for a small Sephora order just to make sure it works and then tucking it away for Emerald City Comic-Con (Espionage Cosmetics should have their nail wraps there, and I want many of their designs).

And then I came home to a stack of boxes on my stairs:  PopSugar, Birchbox, and Scratch nail wraps!  And the nail wraps box bonus item:  a Hammond's Candy Cane Crunch bar:  dark chocolate with peppermint bits!  The only thing in my mailbox -- where the bills usually go -- was a brochure from the city about composting and holiday garbage pickup schedule changes!  I love mail days like this.

(My previous Friday the 13th highlight:  March 2009, when a local theatre showed the second-to-last episode of _Battlestar Galactica_, and there was someone there who happened to be in town for her mom's birthday, so she and her family came to the theatre after dinner and a whole lot of wine.  It was a packed house, and you had to be there hours in advance in order to be able to get in, but I got in, and I got a fantastic seat.  The someone is named Katee Sackhoff.  We sang "Happy Birthday" to Starbuck's mom!)

(And now, hot shower and tea time.  I'm not doing anything that is any more strenuous than making tea tonight.  When I feel kind of icky and just hole up for the weekend, I can usually kick this sort of crap in the teeth.  Sometimes it just takes one evening to do the trick.  Fingers crossed that it works this time!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaganola View Post

Oh!  You guys!  I love Friday the 13th.  It turns out what I thought was an allergy incident was actually the beginnings of a cold.  I'm just congested/drippy/sneezy/floaty-feeling, so I didn't feel crappy enough to stay home from work (I *do* feel crappy enough to stay home sitting on my couch -- instead of grocery/present shopping or cleaning -- all weekend drinking tea, eating chips, and watching _Parks and Rec_ on Netflix.  For some reason, chips are pretty much the only thing I can bring myself to eat when I'm sick, and I only watch _Parks and Rec_ when I'm sick).  I have to feel *really* bad in order for me to be able to justify staying home from work, especially since it was the annual luncheon day (free food *and* the bigwig flies up from the Bay Area for this, so it would look bad if I stayed home, so I went to work.  The morning was just the typical morning (with extra Kleenex and restroom runs to blow my nose), then we went downstairs for lunch.  AND THEN!  I won a fourth quarter Award for Excellence!  And the bigwig was there to see it!  I had *no clue* this was coming.  I assumed that I specifically would *not* get it because I just never get things like that.  I can tell from the nomination text that it was my boss because it was precisely what she put in my annual review (and one of the reasons given was my perfect attendance record -- and I was in fact there on a day where I felt kind of crappy but not sick enough to stay home).  But the most awesome part and my main reason for posting:  There's a $100 Visa gift card involved!  I'm thinking about using it for a small Sephora order just to make sure it works and then tucking it away for Emerald City Comic-Con (Espionage Cosmetics should have their nail wraps there, and I want many of their designs).

And then I came home to a stack of boxes on my stairs:  PopSugar, Birchbox, and Scratch nail wraps!  And the nail wraps box bonus item:  a Hammond's Candy Cane Crunch bar:  dark chocolate with peppermint bits!  The only thing in my mailbox -- where the bills usually go -- was a brochure from the city about composting and holiday garbage pickup schedule changes!  I love mail days like this.

(My previous Friday the 13th highlight:  March 2009, when a local theatre showed the second-to-last episode of _Battlestar Galactica_, and there was someone there who happened to be in town for her mom's birthday, so she and her family came to the theatre after dinner and a whole lot of wine.  It was a packed house, and you had to be there hours in advance in order to be able to get in, but I got in, and I got a fantastic seat.  The someone is named Katee Sackhoff.  We sang "Happy Birthday" to Starbuck's mom!)

(And now, hot shower and tea time.  I'm not doing anything that is any more strenuous than making tea tonight.  When I feel kind of icky and just hole up for the weekend, I can usually kick this sort of crap in the teeth.  Sometimes it just takes one evening to do the trick.  Fingers crossed that it works this time!)

Congrats on your award!  That's awesome!  It's a good thing you didn't stay home.  I hope you feel better!

Quote:

Congrats on the award! :clap

Quote:

Feel better soon, and congrats on being recognized for your hard work!

my comment on the limit rule is as that we should all stay together and not do tiers. I like the nonoffical rule we came to this year. Spend at least $25 up to as much as you want within reason but dont expect any thing over $25. and be thoughtful because in the end it is the thought that counts. one of the things that made this year hard was that thanks giving was so late. it was already the shipping window by the cyber Monday deals rolled around. I do think next year we should get our assignments earlier. maybe 11/1 or 11/5 just to have more time to stalk and bargain shop.

Everything turned in- so far, it's looking like I've made all a's this semester! NOW- the postman did indeed tell me that flat rate would definitely be cheaper, based on the distance and the guessed weight of 4 ish pounds. Guess how much it all actually weighs- 11 pounds. My concept of weight and size is so off lol. And it DOES NOT- no way I tried, fit in a medium flat rate box lol. I'm gonna try a large tomorrow. I have a feeling I'll have to send 2 boxes. So, wanna see what's going out tomorrow? :) ... Well you're just gonna have to wait 'cause mobile wont allow me to upload pictures! =p

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkimouse View Post

my comment on the limit rule is as that we should all stay together and not do tiers. I like the nonoffical rule we came to this year. Spend at least $25 up to as much as you want within reason but dont expect any thing over $25. and be thoughtful because in the end it is the thought that counts.

one of the things that made this year hard was that thanks giving was so late. it was already the shipping window by the cyber Monday deals rolled around.
I do think next year we should get our assignments earlier. maybe 11/1 or 11/5 just to have more time to stalk and bargain shop.

I agree with all of this. I would hate to see tiers...please realize that even if you didn't go as nuts as some did, your Santee is happy and appreciative! I feel like tiers would eliminate a lot of the togetherness this has fostered.

I plan to save all of my stash next year, and instead of putting it all in the circular swap boxes, use it to really spoil next year's santa!

I definitely think we should get our assignments earlier. For people like me who do all non-drugstore shopping online, we need plenty of time for shipping, and lots for stalking! 

I'm not sure why you guys think we couldn't do a thread like this with tiers. There was nothing price specific about this thread. The only issue I have with tiers is I think wish lists would get muddled with overlapping price points like trying to make the last $5 on your $50 gift. I see duplicates happening that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweakabell View Post

I'm not sure why you guys think we couldn't do a thread like this with tiers. There was nothing price specific about this thread. The only issue I have with tiers is I think wish lists would get muddled with overlapping price points like trying to make the last $5 on your $50 gift. I see duplicates happening that way.

I agree.  I think you could PM whoever is organizing it next year and when you give your address state the price point you are willing to spend to.  Then there will be a thread like this one, and the reveal one.  The only way someone will know what "tier" someone else is in, is when gifts are revealed.  I assume people in a $25 tier would all be grouped together, then all the $50 would be grouped together (for the exchange part, not the thread) kind of like how you had to state if you were willing to do international.  No one knows other than Zadi who agreed to send International (well now people know because of the reveals).  I think it would still be the same in the main thread and then people could relax knowing if you were in X tier that was the agreed upon limit.

Hope that makes sense.  I am so hungry I can't see straight!

Since we are giving our opinions about tiers, I would like it to be all one group, where a few Michaels might go a little rogue but it's a big community and no one has to be out a lot of money. That way it is about the spirit of giving. With higher dollar amounts people might actually be disappointed vs now when I feel like it is all appreciation (for example you might forget to put that $75 eye cream you forgot you are allergic to but then your ss buys it....kind of more disappointing with a big ticket item vs a nail polish.)

I think we should have a designated elf team -much like that list we had but ensure that people know who is an elf. Maybe I am just taking my elfly duties too seriously but i CRINGED when someone would post "I need an elf!" And someone replied "me me!" Because... Well, if you were trying to uncover the Santa mystery you could just go backwards and maybe figure it out - who needed an elf? Who replied? Who PMd you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by usofjessamerica View Post

I think we should have a designated elf team -much like that list we had but ensure that people know who is an elf. Maybe I am just taking my elfly duties too seriously but i CRINGED when someone would post "I need an elf!" And someone replied "me me!" Because... Well, if you were trying to uncover the Santa mystery you could just go backwards and maybe figure it out - who needed an elf? Who replied? Who PMd you?

I think that is a good idea!  It would be neat if there could be some sort of designation in our profile thingie (whatever is to the left of what we post or the signature line).  Only downside to that is that when postin in other threads people might wonder why it says "Elf Extraordinare" or something like that