I purchased the Urban Decay Vice 2 Palette and I'm sending it back.

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was soooo excited to receive this in the mail. I REALLY wanted to love it, but I just didn't! A lot of the colors are super dark, to the point where once they are on the eye & blended, it all looks the same. Just dark. Even the ones that look clearly green/blue/purple, just look DARK. It's hard to explain. I adoooored the 15 Anniversary Palette. And their other ones. But this one, I just couldn't make a good look with it.

Hmm so far I love it. I do agree, some are dark, but that is why I love it. I was able to do a realllly pretty green and brown smokey eye with damaged and radar. And I think shellshock is the most gorgeous usable silver I've found for myself. I'm looking at my own swatches right now, and I don't think damaged is too dark, which is the only green in the palette.

Anyway, if you don't love it, I think its good you are sending it back, then you can invest the money in a palette you do love! 

I want this palette soooo bad. Does anyone know how long it will be available for? I missed out on the first vice palette and I don't want to miss out on this one. I just feel very bad buying eyeshadow palettes when I have so many shadows and a few kits. I just never end up using everything I have. I do circle through my palettes thought.

When I bought naked 2 I couldn't decided which one would be the best for me and so I got both of them. That being said I use naked 1 sooo much more often that I use naked 2. I'm gonna have to think about it.

In the vice 2 palette are there any matte shadows?

Quote: Originally Posted by AmandaWarwick /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I want this palette soooo bad. Does anyone know how long it will be available for? I missed out on the first vice palette and I don't want to miss out on this one. I just feel very bad buying eyeshadow palettes when I have so many shadows and a few kits. I just never end up using everything I have. I do circle through my palettes thought.

When I bought naked 2 I couldn't decided which one would be the best for me and so I got both of them. That being said I use naked 1 sooo much more often that I use naked 2. I'm gonna have to think about it.

I think there are 2 or 3 mattes in it. I'm not looking at right now to be sure though. I think it was a worthwhile investment for me, because other than the first vice palette and the anniversary palette, most of the palettes I own are all neutral. If you are the same, its a great way to get a palette with some color AND some of my beloved neutrals.

Aww, sorry you don't like it. I love it so much I'm considering buying a back up.

Sad it didn't work for you!  But I hope you get one you really love instead :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  That happened to me a few years ago with the Tarte holiday palette that came in the purple box.  I didn't love it off the bat but I kept it and kept trying to make it work even though the colors went muddy on me.  So I still have it sitting in the back of the rest of my palettes and I wish I had just returned it and got something I loved instead.

Quote: Originally Posted by AmandaWarwick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It will be available until it sells out...I'm guessing that won't happen until after Christmas but it's hard to say with these, especially after so many people missed out on Vice 1.

I got this palette and I personally love it.  I do have a lot of UD palettes already but honestly most of the shades in Vice 2 aren't easily duped in other palettes, even if it looks that way in pictures.  Most of the shades, especially the neutrals, have very subtle undertones that make them very unique.  Betrayal does look similar to Omen from the 15th Anniversary palette, but is brighter and more blue.  Lovesick is pretty dry and patchy but I have a tip - apply it wet as a liner, and it turns into a beautiful dark grey with rainbow glitter.  Ambush, Betrayal, and Radar are all very great brown shades that I love with my blue eyes.  I've been having a lot of fun with this palette and haven't noticed the dark shades going too dark on me.  Some of the dark shades like Madness, Prank, and Poison do sheer out a bit too easily though, which is my only complaint with those.  There are two matte shades, a matte skin tone color and a matte medium brown.  The rest are either shimmers or have some glitter.  Most of the glitter is very fine though, not chunky like Midnight Cowboy.

Back