Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JC327

(Spoilers) Julep November 2013

Recommended Posts

I got one in a mystery box before and it smelled like vanilla frosting :) I agree with you, I like the scented (and flavored!) ones better!
Oooooh sounds perfect!!!! Now I'm in!! I'm hoping it's the same formula since they changed the packaging and stuff?? At first I wasn't that into them doing the makeup thing but as my collection of nail Polish is begging to get out of hand I'm enjoying the diff options ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How is the pigment of Julep glosses?  I love lipglasses from MAC.  I was looking at Julep berry color and was wondering if it would be a true color.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephstrong View Post




Oooooh sounds perfect!!!! Now I'm in!! I'm hoping it's the same formula since they changed the packaging and stuff??

At first I wasn't that into them doing the makeup thing but as my collection of nail Polish is begging to get out of hand I'm enjoying the diff options wink.gif

Yea, I am wanting more options. I am trying not to get burned out with nail polish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by angismith View Post
 

Help us celebrate this weekend with a new forum under Nail Talk: Nail Art & Stamping:

 

http://www.makeuptalk.com/t/138524/nail-art-stamping

 

Thank you so much, MuT and Zadidoll for setting up this forum for us to share our artistic manicures, product reviews, how-to ideas, etc. No matter what brand you love the most, this forum is for ALL nail polish brands. The focus is strictly on the art - whether it is a new version of a French manicure, learning to stamp, or just showing off your creativity with geometry, beginning to use rhinestones and striping tape, you name it - if it is beyond a simple and elegant single polish manicure, please share it with us here also, even though you may have also shared it with a subscription group or What Polish Are You Wearing? I hope this forum reflects all the beauty that is NAIL ART

I will be checking this out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephstrong View Post

Hey, does anyone know if julep glosses have any sort of flavor/scent?? I can't use nars glosses because the nothing taste just tastes gross to me. Thanks!!

 

I remember reading somewhere in the comment section on the julep lip gloss blog page that these have just the slightest touch of vanilla.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd actually love some Julep minis! I can barely make it a 1/4 through a bottle in a year as is! Even my most used full sized Juleps barely look used.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
400 Saw this gem on a fb group. I keep laughing but that blue is fab.
Haha cute! Those are adorable. Juleps are already so small to begin with though, I'm halfway thru a few that I've had less than a year. But minis would make a great gift.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have reached the point where I prefer minis. I'd rather have more colors, since I don't usually finish polishes before they are passed on to my nieces.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolo22 View Post


Haha cute! Those are adorable. Juleps are already so small to begin with though, I'm halfway thru a few that I've had less than a year. But minis would make a great gift.

Right? I feel like they're ALREADY minis! Some of their formulas are so thick I've gone through a third of a bottle in a single mani before!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennm149 View Post

I have reached the point where I prefer minis. I'd rather have more colors, since I don't usually finish polishes before they are passed on to my nieces.


Me too. I actually stopped buying huge sizes of everything because I think they're a terrible deal. I end up having to throw away product because even with daily use, I cannot use things up before they go bad.

I realized after buying a bunch of those Sephora Favorites sets and seeing how long the "mini" products last even with daily use, I would rather buy that size of things.

The only things I want full size are mascara and eyeliners.

 

I actually wish they had an option to get minis instead of "full size" nail polishes.

If I love something, I'll keep rebuying it. I'd rather be able to use something up completely before it goes bad than have a ginormous "Good Value" container of whatever sitting around for years.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have yet finished a single julep polish. Each time before I finish the bottle, it become so thick and unusable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by yunii View Post

I have yet finished a single julep polish. Each time before I finish the bottle, it become so thick and unusable.


I haven't ever used up any nail polish, no matter what brand. They always get all weird and gloppy. So frustrating!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennm149 View Post

I have reached the point where I prefer minis. I'd rather have more colors, since I don't usually finish polishes before they are passed on to my nieces.

Same here! I actually prefer sample sizes of everything, not just polish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Me too. I actually stopped buying huge sizes of everything because I think they're a terrible deal. I end up having to throw away product because even with daily use, I cannot use things up before they go bad. I realized after buying a bunch of those Sephora Favorites sets and seeing how long the "mini" products last even with daily use, I would rather buy that size of things. The only things I want full size are mascara and eyeliners. I actually wish they had an option to get minis instead of "full size" nail polishes. If I love something, I'll keep rebuying it. I'd rather be able to use something up completely before it goes bad than have a ginormous "Good Value" container of whatever sitting around for years.  
Mascara is one thing I hardly ever buy. I get so many free mascara samples, I don't have to! I DO buy waterproof mascara. I wear both regular & waterproof every day, & I've yet to get a mini waterproof mascara. As for the sephora mini sets- I'm so with you! I love them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I have yet finished a single julep polish. Each time before I finish the bottle, it become so thick and unusable.
I heard somewhere (I think it was on makeup talk) that if you get a bottle of nail polish thinner and add a few drops to an old polish, it makes it like new again. I have yet to try it myself, but if it works, I'll kick myself for tossing my old limited edition Revlon polishes! X[

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicalriley View Post


Mascara is one thing I hardly ever buy. I get so many free mascara samples, I don't have to! I DO buy waterproof mascara. I wear both regular & waterproof every day, & I've yet to get a mini waterproof mascara.
As for the sephora mini sets- I'm so with you! I love them!

Have you seen Anastasia's waterproof topcoat for mascara? I have it and it works really well for me. If you got that then you could just waterproof your samples:) (Yes I'm a horrible, horrible enablerdevilish.gif)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Generalissima View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicalriley View Post


Mascara is one thing I hardly ever buy. I get so many free mascara samples, I don't have to! I DO buy waterproof mascara. I wear both regular & waterproof every day, & I've yet to get a mini waterproof mascara.
As for the sephora mini sets- I'm so with you! I love them!

Have you seen Anastasia's waterproof topcoat for mascara? I have it and it works really well for me. If you got that then you could just waterproof your samples:) (Yes I'm a horrible, horrible enablerdevilish.gif)

 

I got a sample of the Anastasia LashGenius somewhere recently (Blush mystery box, maybe?) and it has changed my life!  I had never found a mascara that didn't leave me racoon-eyed by the end of the day, and now I come home and my husband asks if I touched up my make-up.  I actually bought a full size after trying it out for a week.  Incredible stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OMG!!! I recd a julep order today I can't remember which sale, but it was when yumi became available again. I also order the freedom top coat for the first time and I am so impressed. It's shiny and so smooth. I need to stock up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by LinaMingo View Post

OMG!!! I recd a julep order today I can't remember which sale, but it was when yumi became available again. I also order the freedom top coat for the first time and I am so impressed. It's shiny and so smooth. I need to stock up.

Right?? I tried it for the first time in my popsugar box and then got ANOTHER one in the zag ultimate mystery box (and was super happy for a second) because when I did try it, it was dry within 5 minutes as promised, and the shine is very close to a gel look. LOVEIT. I never tried it myself because I read reviews about how horrible it was, and after trying it myself do not understand it whatsoever. The polishu nderneath of course is not fully dry, but being protected from stupid smudges is awesome while the rest of the mani dries underneath. It's definitely my new favorite top coat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is anyone else NOT receiving emails from Julep?? I even contacted them and they said they fixed it and nope still no emails....it kind of worries me like is someone else getting my emails and could get my CC info or something ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Right?? I tried it for the first time in my popsugar box and then got ANOTHER one in the zag ultimate mystery box (and was super happy for a second) because when I did try it, it was dry within 5 minutes as promised, and the shine is very close to a gel look. LOVEIT. I never tried it myself because I read reviews about how horrible it was, and after trying it myself do not understand it whatsoever. The polishu nderneath of course is not fully dry, but being protected from stupid smudges is awesome while the rest of the mani dries underneath. It's definitely my new favorite top coat.
I did the 2 minute hold it next to the light bulb thing and it was amazing. I can't wit to see how long my mani will hold up.
Is anyone else NOT receiving emails from Julep?? I even contacted them and they said they fixed it and nope still no emails....it kind of worries me like is someone else getting my emails and could get my CC info or something ??
I get their emails, but super later than everyone else lately. I rely on the boards for my updates now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • NARS Cosmetics Shop Cargo Cosmetics Today!


  • Posts

    • In my opinion, Tinder is more like an application for finding a partner for one night. This is completely frivolous for me. If I look for a girl for myself, then I will start browsing serious sites. You can see an approximate review in this source. When a girl talks about marriage, this gives a better chance of a long and serious relationship.
    • Greetings! A variety of t-shirts are in fashion nowadays and I am going to share the most trendy ones: Plain White Tees - If you are thinking that plain white tees are getting out of fashion then you are wrong. Either you wear tuck tees with jeans or full sleeve plain white tees with jackets. They always look cool. Graphic T-Shirts - Yes, the craze of graphic tees is increasing not only in public but also among the celebs. Even the big brands like Nike and Gucci are also offering logo tees. You can also see some unique women graphic tees here. Colorful Dye T-Shirts - On the other hand, girls are also crazy to wear Dye t-shirts. You can see the following ones in this regard. What other tees trends do you think should females must follow in this regard? I am waiting for your responses and suggestions.   
    • I think both of them are looking awesome. However, I like the grey more. I can understand how tough it is to go with a single option. I am also willing to get an awesome men graphic tee for my husband from here but it is getting tough for me to go with a single option because I like all of them. However, I shortlisted these two. What do you think which one is more good. 
    • At Spiceurbeauty, we use only the safest hyaluronic acid-based dermal fillers which are semi-permanent only. The effects will fade gradually as the filler biodegrades but should last between 9 to 12 months. Excessive exercise or dehydration can contribute to minimizing the benefits of hyaluronic fillers. To maintain your fuller lips it is recommended that you come back to us on an annual basis or sooner for a smaller top up if desired and deemed suitable. The filler will biodegrade and be excreted naturally over time.
    • The Lip fillers that we use at Spiceurbeauty are manufactured with an anaesthetic, which makes the lip enhancement treatment less painful as it numbs the skin. We would not carry out lip treatments without adding anaesthesia due to client safety. If during your procedure you feel uncomfortable, tell your practitioner and ask for a break Or if you can have additional topical cream  

About MakeupTalk®

© 2003-2018 MakeupTalk.com®, an active online community and message board geared towards members wanting to discuss everything to do with makeup, cosmetics, product reviews, monthly subscription boxes and general beauty related topics. Our community provides product reviews, makeup and general beauty tips. Our most popular topics are subscription boxes and their monthly spoilers. Join our community for free to take part in the conversations and share your own beauty tips and product reviews with others. We look forward to seeing you online here at Makeuptalk®!

MakeupTalk® Facebook

×